Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 18th 2011, 06:53 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Default Re: Club Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTim102 View Post
I wonder how much they made doing the acoustic tour? I mean, they did only a handful of those shows, with a bigger band and smaller venues. So less seats to sell, more musicians to pay, and still crew to pay. It could be something along the lines of that. Just brainstorming
They were mixed into a full tour, to my knowledge. Like the one in the UK was a couple of days before Hyde Park. Which is standard for what they have done previously, as people have said, with small shows in UK and Aus before bigger shows. That's a lot different from a dedicated US East Coast tour of small venues.
Old November 18th 2011, 06:53 PM
Polite as fuck

Anthony Kiedis: You told our agent this place holds 30,000 people.

Moe Syzlak: It does. We had 30,000 here last night. Now play.
Old November 18th 2011, 06:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Finger Re: Club Tour

In Newark he said that it was time to start looking into their next tour and he thought it would be a great idea to do a small club tour. He went on to talk more about it but what i just said summed it up. This will happen because he said he was in the process of booking it. Look for the video on youtube if anyone recorded it.

Now quiet down and stop arguing with each other.
07.11.00 Tweeter Center
11.02.02 ($2 Bill Tour) Electric Factory
04.29.03 Tweeter Center
10.13.05 Wachovia Center
08.16.06 Tower Theater
08.18.06 Borgata Event Center
02.21.08 Wachovia Center
04.05.11 (Back & Forth) Parsippany NJ (virtual foo)
09.26.11 IZOD Center
11.10.11 Wells Fargo Center
11.14.11 Prudential Center
05.19.12 The Bamboozle 2012
02.13.13 Sound City Players NY
Old November 18th 2011, 06:55 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by in your honor View Post
In Newark he said that it was time to start looking into their next tour and he thought it would be a great idea to do a small club tour. He went on to talk more about it but what i just said summed it up. This will happen because he said he was in the process of booking it. Look for the video on youtube if anyone recorded it.

Now quiet down and stop arguing with each other.
If you said it, and it is on teh Ewetewb it's GOTTA be true!!1!!
Old November 18th 2011, 08:09 PM
I'll Stick Around

this jsut feels like it will happen. He only started this with the later shows in bigger cities about mentioning it. Which makes sense, hes going to do this in bigger cities but, I just don't think theres any reason for Dave to say all this just to get the crowd worked up, he would just say something else then to get them worked up.

And like someone already pointed out in this thread what I was going to say, they could play more than one night in a venue.

And about costs, maybe the tickets will be real expensive? Supply and demand I guess. I remember the vegas ones were like 110 or 120 each? I'm also making this point because everyone is saying about him announcing it at the arena show. Well a lot of those people there are casual fans, first time going to see them, maybe going with thier kids or significant other or friend and just really weren't even interested in going or aren't a big foo fighters fan. So why would those types of people want to pay like $100 -$150- ?? for one ticket to go see the foo fighters if they really don't like them that much? Plus lots of people are having money problems still right now with the way things are...

If this does happen I will go on a trip and pay the high price for tickets.
9-19-11 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
9-20-11 Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH
8-24-15 DTE Music Theatre Clarkston, MI

TCV: 10-8-09 The Fillmore Detroit, MI

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 18th 2011, 08:33 PM
Everywhere But Home

Something tells me there could be something to it. Dave is a man of his word. He repeatedly promised small clubs multiple times at east coast gigs... if anything it is very interesting and who knows what he has up his sleeve. As I said, my first reaction was to believe it but after NJ I wasn't sure because he couldn't name a specific venue so that made me suspicious. My investigation into this has turned up inconclusive. time will tell.
Old November 18th 2011, 09:07 PM
Have you found your way around

A high ticket price is likely if this does actually happen, but surely the band are at the point now where they don't need to make a profit from every gig?
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Reading Festival 19
Old November 18th 2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyT View Post
If you said it, and it is on teh Ewetewb it's GOTTA be true!!1!!
...well, of course!....For the LOVE OF FOO! what is with these people?!
Old November 18th 2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
:::facepalm:::::

Only 2 more days of this
UGH! RIGHT?! I dont know how you all deal with some of this shit----WHY cant the"fans" just be GD grateful that they got to see them in the first place!Sweet Jesus! Would I LOVE to see them again, sooner than later, f--k yeah! BUT, dang, these guys have been on tour since I cant even remember and they arent done!-give them a break-let them chill/hang out with their families,etc. I think they've earned it and deserve it...I got to see them 5 times--I rocked my face off, my body was sore for weeks from headbanging and dancing around, my face literally hurt from smiling so much. It was a totally righteous time. The end.
Old November 19th 2011, 12:54 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayblooze View Post
I bet they could fill the Rose Bowl or Soldier Field Chicago!

:>
100% don't see them playing those stadiums. However there is a Big Big rumor in the Promoter world. I do not think it will happen however when you see the King of Production at a Foo Fighters show especially at Madison Square Garden stage left with the VIP's you know there is something that is going to happen but you dunno when.
Old November 19th 2011, 09:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I talked to Nate at Letterman on Tuesday and asked him about the club tour and he grinned, shook his head and said:

'Oh yeah don't know when we'll fit those. We are going to OZ next week you know?!'

And then we started to talk about Australia so yeah who knows... but it sounds like it might happen.
Old November 20th 2011, 07:46 PM
All out of bubblegum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
And, as luck would have it, fucker ended up asking me to name a place.

I shrugged and shook my head.

Later, I got yelled at for that. Good times.
I was expecting you to say the Middle East. Probably too small. Maybe the Paradise?
Old November 23rd 2011, 01:42 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I can bet that this will happen. Big artist have recently done the Eletric Factory and similar venues. Also, why would he bring this up? For no apparent reason? Come on!!! Call his bluff if u want but I don't know if u notices, first off, they haven't toured since I believe 06' and to make another round, they still have sooooo many more hits to Play. So, with that being said, a band like this can do multiple nights at 1 venue and sell out each night. As for not making money, haha, they will have that covered in the first second of ticket sales.