Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 16th 2011, 03:40 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: New York City? Madison Square Garden!

agreed! those are wonderful pictures SaraLuke. thank you for sharing!
11/13/11 New York City (FF)
Old November 16th 2011, 08:32 AM
I'll Stick Around

Nice shots! You can see up Dave's nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpietattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectilevomiting View Post
I forget,
which song did Pat Smears smash his guitar like Pete Townshend?
"Stacked Actors"! Almost positive.
No video of this mkdevo? Was that your drink break?

Last edited by caroline no : November 16th 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old November 16th 2011, 06:28 PM
I'll Stick Around

My voice is fucking shot. I'm so glad I wasn't near any idiots on the floor for MSG....I missed the openers b/c I knew I'd see them in Jersey on Monday...got in around 8:45 and was able to move about including up to the front with ease. Got front and stage right for Joan Jett. Besides being almost forced to crowd surf when I was on a drunk guy's shoulders, no problems the whole night. The show was amazing and I won't go on and on about what everyone else said, I ditto everything, they fucking rocked my ass off.

I'm just glad to be home w/ the dogs back in Orlando....time to get back to reality.
01/17/2008 - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL; 10/15/2009 - Them Crooked Vultures, Roseland, NY; 05/21/2011 - Hangout Fest, Gulf Shores, AL; 09/26/2011 - Izod Center, E. Rutherford, NJ; SUNDAY - The Garden, BABY!; MONDAY - Newark, BABY!
Old November 16th 2011, 06:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

PS - I'm so weak and hoarse, I really have NO idea how he manages to do this night after night with the same energy...he seemed tired in Jersey, but he still got all of his screams in. How the fuck does he do it? Gallons of herbal tea?
01/17/2008 - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL; 10/15/2009 - Them Crooked Vultures, Roseland, NY; 05/21/2011 - Hangout Fest, Gulf Shores, AL; 09/26/2011 - Izod Center, E. Rutherford, NJ; SUNDAY - The Garden, BABY!; MONDAY - Newark, BABY!
Old November 16th 2011, 06:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline no View Post
Joan Jett? Awesome! I didn't know they were associated. Here's a link with the intro, I'm sure many more videos will be posted later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvgvOPSFSl0 I like the cheers after she says "Shit' .
Probably associated through Pat. The Germs and The Runaways came up through LA together. I have a book with a picture of Joan and in the background Pat and Darby Crash are beating the snot out of each other. Maybe at some point in the tour they can get Lita Ford up on stage and do "Kiss Me Deadly"!
Old November 16th 2011, 06:56 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo play View Post
Speaking of videos, on YouTube - There is one called Foo Fighters @MSG by nysstrongest. I swear when Dave is doing his solo on the "back stage" near the sound booth, LEECY is there on one side and I do believe on the other side, EMILY is on the other side with a phone in her hand. I could be wrong but am I right? If so, how cool! You are both probably at the Pru Center right now but safe to say, everyone, take a look. I don't think I'm wrong.
You are correct! Those are our gals; VIPs, the both of them!!

Old November 16th 2011, 07:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Talking Re: New York City? Madison Square Garden!

First post here! Been a foo fan since they started and have seen them live only 4 times. Two of those 4 were the recent Izod and MSG shows I had GA tickets for both shows and had an awesome time. I really wish I could have gone to the show in Newark too or even Boston tomorrow but I can't. Either way I can't wait for them to come back to the NY area again.

I saw your videos on YouTube mkdevo, great job. Thanks for sharing!

BTW my name is Mike.
Old November 16th 2011, 07:56 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFanForFun View Post
First post here! Been a foo fan since they started and have seen them live only 4 times. Two of those 4 were the recent Izod and MSG shows I had GA tickets for both shows and had an awesome time. I really wish I could have gone to the show in Newark too or even Boston tomorrow but I can't. Either way I can't wait for them to come back to the NY area again.

I saw your videos on YouTube mkdevo, great job. Thanks for sharing!

BTW my name is Mike.
Hi Mike!
Old November 17th 2011, 06:52 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendofafriend View Post
The guys are always consistently good. While this was not the best show I've been to, (have probably been to 15-20 shows), it was solid.

I was in GA and thought the sound wasn't the best. It seemed to muffle Dave's voice, but that is why I usually don't go to huge shows. I was just due for one and I knew I would otherwise not see them had I not gone. GA at MSG is cushy. It's nice not to be packed in like sardines and be pushed around. We didn't walk up to the stage until after Social Distortion and pretty easily got up rather close (9th-11th row maybe?) Fans around us were cool and respectful. And there is no way Bowery Ballroom could fit an adequate number of Foo fans-- maybe the GA..? Have to say that the Beacon was an amazing venue to get to see the guys in during the Skin & Bones tour. That one was probably my favorite show.

Joan Jett rocked! I was psyched to see her and Bob Mould come out to play.

I appreciate the jam sessions because if i wanted to hear the original version, I can just listen to the song on my iPod. And whoever said Dave was lip-synching needs to get her eyes and ears checked. It's probably against his moral code.

Bonus that when I went to grab a drink during my not-so-fave Foo song, I got to run into and say hi to Rami for a brief moment.
Well said. It was my first show at MSG and I was happily surprised by how they did the GA, how nice the staff was and how cool the crowd was.
I also agree that the Bowery sounds too small, but I would think that the Roseland might be a decent compromise; I got to see TCV there and it was a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgFOOny View Post
The show was amazing! Great fans except for the drunk idiot during social d, a fat old lady hip checking people like a pro nhl player and the super loud screaming girl in GA that dave told to stfu!! FOO FiGHTERS!!!!!
youtube lpert99
Where you on the left side of the stage in GA? I had a similar group near me but otherwise good fans...
Old November 17th 2011, 03:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Can't wait for Foo to come back to NY, yea,,,it was the left side, rail right next to the beautiful grl wth star tattoo on her wrist lol, had so much fun but it could have been better if not for ignorant people who shouldn't be in GA lol..have pics but i cnt upload yet cause of my post limit :P p.s y did they not do a show at the new Amway center in Orlando? place is amazing.
Old November 17th 2011, 09:01 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgFOOny View Post
p.s y did they not do a show at the new Amway center in Orlando? place is amazing.
I'm hoping, I'm hoping, I'm hoping...
Old November 17th 2011, 09:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

LOL Re: New York City? Madison Square Garden!

I'm really hoping Mr. Grohl was not kidding that they will come back to NY and play one of the small venues. I saw TCV at Roseland 2x and that would be truly awesome. However, don't forget the ear plugs for that small venue. Foo's are playing really loud these days. Just got full hearing back in my left ear. Ha Ha
Old November 18th 2011, 08:20 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post
I'm really hoping Mr. Grohl was not kidding that they will come back to NY and play one of the small venues. I saw TCV at Roseland 2x and that would be truly awesome. However, don't forget the ear plugs for that small venue. Foo's are playing really loud these days. Just got full hearing back in my left ear. Ha Ha
Since I'm your brother, it makes sense not to wear earplugs. That way after TCV & FF shows, you won't hear your family...
Old November 18th 2011, 11:03 PM
Foo Traveller

6 days on and I'm still ... high. I've always wanted to visit NY, so when I saw the NA tour announcement I thought... I have to do it, see the Foos and visit the place, that's the occasion, I have to do it! So I bought a ticket, then a fly ticket, and that's it. Totally crazy.
Earlier this year I saw the Foos in Milan, in London and Milton Keynes, so I knew what the concert would look like, I even thought that I might be disappointed to hear the same songs, the same jams, etc.
How could I think that. The show was a BLAST. So much energy, so much pleasure, so much... omg. You can never, NEVER, be disappointed by a foo gig. I'll never be, I know that.
I got there quite early, because I knew by experience (in London) that the 'event t-shirts' would be sold out very soon, and because I was afraid that the crowd would be too pushy and annoying, but not at all, how surprising to see a courteous crowd, didn't expect that at all.
Can't wait to see them again. 2012?
13 Nov 2011 - Madison Square Garden, NY, USA
06 May 2012 - JazzFest, New-Orleans, USA
24 Aug 2012 - Leeds, England
19 Jun 2015 - Wembley, London, England - Cancelled!
05 Sep 2015 - Milton Keynes, England
03 Jul 2017 - Paris, France
22 & 23 Jun 2018 - London Stadium, England
Old November 18th 2011, 11:32 PM
I'll Stick Around

Was there a t-shirt for MSG? I did not see one when I got there around 8:30. Only for the tour. What did it look like?
Old November 19th 2011, 01:40 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureliane View Post
6 days on and I'm still ... high. I've always wanted to visit NY, so when I saw the NA tour announcement I thought... I have to do it, see the Foos and visit the place, that's the occasion, I have to do it! So I bought a ticket, then a fly ticket, and that's it. Totally crazy.
Earlier this year I saw the Foos in Milan, in London and Milton Keynes, so I knew what the concert would look like, I even thought that I might be disappointed to hear the same songs, the same jams, etc.
How could I think that. The show was a BLAST. So much energy, so much pleasure, so much... omg. You can never, NEVER, be disappointed by a foo gig. I'll never be, I know that.
I got there quite early, because I knew by experience (in London) that the 'event t-shirts' would be sold out very soon, and because I was afraid that the crowd would be too pushy and annoying, but not at all, how surprising to see a courteous crowd, didn't expect that at all.
Can't wait to see them again. 2012?
Glad you had fun!! I am still high from the concert too, it was amazing!!!
Old November 19th 2011, 02:25 AM
I'll Stick Around

Me three!!! I had such a crappy week and am now fighting a cold...I was thinking about what I was doing a week ago tonight...and it wasn't blowing my nose into this tissue while guzzling cough syrup. Sigh.
Old November 19th 2011, 03:12 AM
Colors inside the lines

A week ago I was in DC at the show. Tonight I'm home with still painful root canal, a head cold and box of Puffs Plus.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 19th 2011, 01:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hey I havent used this board before, but I wanted to say that seeing the Foo Fighters at the Garden last Sunday night was the time of my life. I've loved them since they began and they've always been apart of me I still think of one week ago. It would be really cool to become friends with those who were also at the show, as well as with everyone here. So this is just me just saying hi Jason
Old November 19th 2011, 01:29 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFoo View Post
Hey I havent used this board before, but I wanted to say that seeing the Foo Fighters at the Garden last Sunday night was the time of my life. I've loved them since they began and they've always been apart of me I still think of one week ago. It would be really cool to become friends with those who were also at the show, as well as with everyone here. So this is just me just saying hi Jason
Hi Jason,
and to quote a song from In Your Honor-
there's
NO WAY BACK for you!

cheers
:>