Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th 2014, 06:16 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
What time are doors?
I think doors open at 7pm.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:16 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Irving Plaza @IrvingPlaza 5m 5 minutes ago
All #FooFighters @IrvingPlaza wristbands have been distributed for tonight. The show is completely sold out. No more will be released.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
LI_NY_1 , what are you seeing? I'm only seeing posts about the concert onsales.
Sorry, in my delusional world I though that maybe, just maybe, a few tix would go on sale online. When I saw the event for tonite listed on FB, which I don't get on very often, I just think my brain created a mirage of what I wanted to see.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:24 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankey View Post
I really don't think it was good intentions. It was more like they didn't want to deal with BS anymore so easier to just give the wristbands away and then be done with it.
It was absolutely a safety issue.

Quote:
You, sir, are very smart.
He is very smart. Douches are everywhere, even amongst Foo Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
much much safer, so glad this happened.
Absolutely

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old December 5th 2014, 06:25 PM
The Boss

Quote:
What time are doors?
Doors @ 7
Sonic Highways @9
Foo @ 10

Old December 5th 2014, 06:34 PM
Colors inside the lines

I glad so many people I know got wristbands, but I do feel bad for those who tried to follow the rules and got left out.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old December 5th 2014, 06:41 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I think they mis-judged how many people were going to try or how early people would line up. It was good intentions but the safety of everyone involved has to be number one. Nothings is worth getting injured for.
I'm surprised that someone with the Foos mgmt didn't clue them in as to what they were getting themselves into. One look at any of the other SH shows would've told them how hot of a ticket this has been (even for the larger venues that went on sale this morning). 30,000+ people online tried to get 2,300 tix to the Nashville SH show. Sucks for people that followed the rules, but once I heard a line was already forming, I would've been making plans to get in line early.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:41 PM
Have you found your way around

so basically my post of them doing wristbands when it became too big of a line came true. yawn.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:42 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I wouldn't abandon the area if I was shut out on a wristband. I'd try and start a secondary fan run line just in case they release more tickets or let additional folks in for free. Get that sharpie and start marking peoples hands in a secondary line. If the venue shoos you away, agree to reconvene every half hour (hour?) until ticket sales are completed. Make sure to let everyone who is milling around know what you are doing.

The venue honored one fan run line. Odds are that they would honor a second.

Good luck.

WBB

Last edited by Weenie Beenie Boy : December 5th 2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:50 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenie Beenie Boy View Post
I wouldn't abandon the area if I was shut out on a wristband. I'd try and start a secondary fan run line just in case they release more tickets or let additional folks in for free. Get that sharpie and start marking peoples hands in a secondary line. If the venue shoos you away, agree to reconvene every half hour (hour?) until ticket sales are completed. Make sure to let everyone who is milling around know what you are doing.

The venue honored one fan run line. Odds are that they would honor a second.

Good luck.

WBB
The people who were at the end of the 175 also got "just in case we have room" wristbands and who knows how many of those they handed out.
Anything else seems futile.
Old December 5th 2014, 06:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I disagree. They let about 40 people into the Seattle gig about 5 songs into the performance. If you leave, you definitely won't get in. Take some initiative and you never know what might happen.

I go to shows. It's what I do best. Been to about 110 in 2014.

WBB
Old December 5th 2014, 06:55 PM
everything fades in time it's true...

Looking to be somebody's +1 (like everyone else of course). Made the trip up from AL like a crazy person. I found a penny on head's this morning so hoping someone throws some good luck my way (was only a penny, not a dime and sure as hell wasn't a quarter).
Old December 5th 2014, 07:03 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
I'm surprised that someone with the Foos mgmt didn't clue them in as to what they were getting themselves into. One look at any of the other SH shows would've told them how hot of a ticket this has been (even for the larger venues that went on sale this morning). 30,000+ people online tried to get 2,300 tix to the Nashville SH show. Sucks for people that followed the rules, but once I heard a line was already forming, I would've been making plans to get in line early.
I emailed last night. I think they are trying to make things fair. They have been very focused on minimizing the bitching. However, here is what we have found out:

The more they try a and consider everyone, the more people complain and they feel defeated. So my prediction is that pretty soon, the planning people that spend hours and hours trying to make everyone happy will eventually not give a shit.

The amount of angry emails about the shows selling out and scalpers/touts. Holy shit. The only way they go away is if people won't pay those prices and there are enough CRAZED fucking Foo fans that will pay.

I went on a rant...oh well.

It's hard out there to do what's right and to make everyone happy.

Old December 5th 2014, 07:08 PM
Polite as fuck

Picture.
Old December 5th 2014, 07:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

With all due respect to everyone, what did you expect? Demand is way higher than supply. If you didn't think people were going to be lining up early this morning you're crazy. That said, I got there at 730. Everyone ahead of and behind me was very respectful of those around each other. The line when it was moved across the street was respected and everyone held their places. When it was said that wristbands we're going to be given out the venue employees and cops both said if you see someone cutting the line tell us and we'll boot them out. Which I saw them do to a couple of people. If you saw someone cutting you should've said something. If you weren't there early enough then I'm not sure what you were expecting. You're talking about a stadium arena rock band playing a club of 1000 people in the biggest city in the country.
Old December 5th 2014, 07:12 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post

The more they try a and consider everyone, the more people complain and they feel defeated. So my prediction is that pretty soon, the planning people that spend hours and hours trying to make everyone happy will eventually not give a shit.

It's hard out there to do what's right and to make everyone happy.
Rant = fully justified

They're are way too many people wanting to go so a stack of people will miss out whatever the band do.

The fact that they are going out of their way to do these small shows is awesome and if you're lucky enough to get in appreciate it for what it is. If you don't, you don't but don't blame the band. Seems to me they've done everything they can to get tickets to the real fans.

EDIT - P.S. Seems they're are a lot of people who feel like this but won't be as visible as the complainers. That said some kind of fan club like pj might help a bit

Last edited by ipslim : December 5th 2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old December 5th 2014, 07:21 PM
My ears ring....always

The best way to distribute tickets to these very small venue events is

Give Jill a big batch to distribut the those on the "official foo board" based on those of us who wanted to go/could go.

Give the radio stations the rest to distribute to fans.

Contests, name that tune stuff, so real fans have the best chance.

When you win you give your name to the stations.

When you "win" you show up WITH A PICTURE ID to get your tickets.

If you try to take a picture of a scalper it comes out blank!
Old December 5th 2014, 07:32 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ct View Post
The best way to distribute tickets to these very small venue events is

Give Jill a big batch to distribut the those on the "official foo board" based on those of us who wanted to go/could go.

Give the radio stations the rest to distribute to fans.

Contests, name that tune stuff, so real fans have the best chance.

When you win you give your name to the stations.

When you "win" you show up WITH A PICTURE ID to get your tickets.

If you try to take a picture of a scalper it comes out blank!
I know Jill well enough to say that there is no way in hell she'd want that responsibility!!!

Rant totally justified Jill.
Old December 5th 2014, 07:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I was waiting about 5 hours before they started giving out the wristbands. the ones that entitle you to two tickets ran out 2people ahead of me. i was given a "Standby " wristband that only allows me to buy one & I was told to come back at 9pm. Also they said to the people in front of me" if you were intending to buy two the other person must be present with their id as well, so hopefully that will eliminate some scalping....IMO they should of just did the wristbands earlier so we didn't have to wait around so long, that line turned two corners.( NYC blocks )
Old December 5th 2014, 07:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

This totally would have been fair and no one would bitch if they followed the rules posted. Unfortunately, each venue plays by their own rules regardless of what the band wants. I bitched about the U2 thing, but ya know what. Their fans are getting passwords and tickets to shows. It would be great if this board had a lottery for the die hards. Everyone gets an equal shot. I've heard people are close to rioting and very angry that they showed up on the posted time and tickets are gone. I don't blame the band, but the venue.