Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7981  
Old November 28th 2017, 09:58 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyz30 View Post
I have beenan autograph collector for years and own and have sold several Foo signed items. These are fake, sad to say.
Factors like, pressure, slant and the size almost being the same for every signature these appear to be all written by the same hand. It burns me to see so many forgeries being sold. Most of them almost always come with some sort of story to back them up. Lots of autos that are sold in charity auctions are even fake unless they are donated by the artist. Here is a link to the way Foo are currently signing for comparison. If anyone wants to post a pic of their auto and want my opinion I would be happy to help.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foo-Fighter...vip=true&rt=nc
Well of course you are totally entitled to your opinion. But there are just so many reasons why you are totally wrong.

1) The seller has no history of selling fake items - nothing even remotely close to this EVER.
2) He has been in constant contact with me over it, and gone to great lengths to ship it to ensure it was safe, pretty much freaking out over getting it posted right and not having it get damaged.
3) The poster itself would be INCREDIBLY hard to fake create, and it would HAVE to have been created specially to then fake since there is no other C&G poster of that print that size anywhere that I have seen. They are all promo flyers with that image. In fact most of them are cropped over with other crap - this image shows more than anything else I've seen. If you wanted to fake some band sigs you would just use a normal sized C&G promo poster or just the flyer, it would be way easier.
4) I OWN more Foo Fighters signatures than many people have ever even looked at. I've been following and assessing every band member sign their names since eBay started 21 years ago. And I am totally happy that these are 100% genuine.
5) A calm unrushed sig is far different to the mess that can get get scrawled in a hurry bent over a table or on a rail. On top of that several of the guys have at least one short AND long version of their sigs. They use both all the time - they don't have a "current" one as you suggest, it much more comes down to location and time. Dave is worse - he has about six, with variations of the DD, and with and without David in full. The link you provide is a great example of one of super rushed sets of sigs - real yes but absolutely showing they were done as fast as possible.
6) Finally there is the little matter of provenance - which as one of the biggest collectors I ALWAYS get. I'm anal about having every detail as everyone that's been here a while knows. If I discount the seller himself - then yes it might have been faked BEFORE the seller got it... only I now have the entire history of the item and am fully satisfied (even though I never had any doubt from the start) that it wasn't faked.

Im FAR from a newbie at this, in fact with this band I'd venture to say that most collectors here would actually far sooner have me say their sigs were real than any idiot PSA certification - and I'll do it for free.

And forgive me but I have to question just how big a fan you really are when you're THE very first person to sell a flight bag on eBay out of a deluxe package. Calling you a flipper might be harsh but you've definitely resold more than your share of foo items for profit - which is not something that will find you much love around here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222705493648

Reply With Quote
  #7982  
Old November 29th 2017, 09:13 AM
Foo_R_U's Avatar
Foo_R_U Foo_R_U is offline
Good Grief
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Huntersville, North Carolina
Posts: 587
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

__________________
RFK Stadium 20th Anniversary Washington D.C. - 7/4/2015
Centennial Olympic Park Atlanta, GA - 10/4/2015
Greensboro Coliseum Greensboro, NC - 10/15/2017
Reply With Quote
  #7983  
Old November 29th 2017, 11:04 AM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,823
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9teEV1wEc
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?
Reply With Quote
  #7984  
Old November 29th 2017, 07:56 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

in other REAL news ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173003220800

Haven't seen one of these pop up in a while, very cool little item - Pretender music box. If you never got one and you're in the UK - £6.99 Buy Now and taking offers

Reply With Quote
  #7985  
Old November 29th 2017, 09:36 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

C&G Black LP up today on the US store. Nothing for the UK at the moment.

I'm guessing these must be the very last copies after a cleanup of all the other sale methods - Arms O2 Merchbar etc. Funny it's now just an exclusive release and not limited though. Funnier still they have cut and pasted the preorder blurb

"Exclusive black on black cover. Vinyl - 140g double LP with an etching on the 4th side. Download card included in the vinyl sleeve.

All pre-orders will receive an immediate mp3 digital download of 'Run'. Download will be available via your order confirmation and customer account pages."

https://shop.foofighters.com/collect...and-gold-vinyl
Reply With Quote
  #7986  
Old November 30th 2017, 06:17 PM
doinford doinford is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 36
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

They were very limited at foo arms. I went twice and and one of those times I was in the first 10 people. Both times none available. They had had loads at the mech stall at the o2. Was pretty annoyed I paid an extra £15 for a t shirt I didnít want just to get the b on b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
C&G Black LP up today on the US store. Nothing for the UK at the moment.

I'm guessing these must be the very last copies after a cleanup of all the other sale methods - Arms O2 Merchbar etc. Funny it's now just an exclusive release and not limited though. Funnier still they have cut and pasted the preorder blurb

"Exclusive black on black cover. Vinyl - 140g double LP with an etching on the 4th side. Download card included in the vinyl sleeve.

All pre-orders will receive an immediate mp3 digital download of 'Run'. Download will be available via your order confirmation and customer account pages."

https://shop.foofighters.com/collect...and-gold-vinyl
Reply With Quote
  #7987  
Old November 30th 2017, 06:17 PM
doinford doinford is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 36
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Just bought the music box. Thanks for the heads up
Reply With Quote
  #7988  
Old November 30th 2017, 07:02 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinford View Post
Just bought the music box. Thanks for the heads up
Well good - partly makes up for the unwanted t-shirt maybe. At least you didn't pay 100 pounds for the LP like some people on EB did
Reply With Quote
  #7989  
Old November 30th 2017, 10:27 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Wow

Last edited by donnyz30 : November 30th 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7990  
Old November 30th 2017, 10:29 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!


Last edited by donnyz30 : November 30th 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7991  
Old November 30th 2017, 10:30 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Well of course you are totally entitled to your opinion. But there are just so many reasons why you are totally wrong.

1) The seller has no history of selling fake items - nothing even remotely close to this EVER.
2) He has been in constant contact with me over it, and gone to great lengths to ship it to ensure it was safe, pretty much freaking out over getting it posted right and not having it get damaged.
3) The poster itself would be INCREDIBLY hard to fake create, and it would HAVE to have been created specially to then fake since there is no other C&G poster of that print that size anywhere that I have seen. They are all promo flyers with that image. In fact most of them are cropped over with other crap - this image shows more than anything else I've seen. If you wanted to fake some band sigs you would just use a normal sized C&G promo poster or just the flyer, it would be way easier.
4) I OWN more Foo Fighters signatures than many people have ever even looked at. I've been following and assessing every band member sign their names since eBay started 21 years ago. And I am totally happy that these are 100% genuine.
5) A calm unrushed sig is far different to the mess that can get get scrawled in a hurry bent over a table or on a rail. On top of that several of the guys have at least one short AND long version of their sigs. They use both all the time - they don't have a "current" one as you suggest, it much more comes down to location and time. Dave is worse - he has about six, with variations of the DD, and with and without David in full. The link you provide is a great example of one of super rushed sets of sigs - real yes but absolutely showing they were done as fast as possible.
6) Finally there is the little matter of provenance - which as one of the biggest collectors I ALWAYS get. I'm anal about having every detail as everyone that's been here a while knows. If I discount the seller himself - then yes it might have been faked BEFORE the seller got it... only I now have the entire history of the item and am fully satisfied (even though I never had any doubt from the start) that it wasn't faked.

Im FAR from a newbie at this, in fact with this band I'd venture to say that most collectors here would actually far sooner have me say their sigs were real than any idiot PSA certification - and I'll do it for free.

And forgive me but I have to question just how big a fan you really are when you're THE very first person to sell a flight bag on eBay out of a deluxe package. Calling you a flipper might be harsh but you've definitely resold more than your share of foo items for profit - which is not something that will find you much love around here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222705493648

Very true. I get ahead of myself sometimes and make purchases that I later regret. Or to purchase a better Foo item I sell something from my collection. I only wanted the dolls and had to purchase the whole package that I didnt want. All of which have nothing to do with your poster. You must have some sort of buyer remorse to try to attack with such a silly statement and take the attention off the fact of the forgery. I didnt know being a FF fan was a contest. Just because you spend a lot of money on your collection that you like to show off does not mean you are some sort of Foo Fan God. I'm sorry that you got scammed and I assume you probably have a lot of forgeries in your collection if you believe these to be authentic. I was very polite about it and yet you came trying to question my fan status? Seems kind of petty.
Reply With Quote
  #7992  
Old November 30th 2017, 10:48 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Well of course you are totally entitled to your opinion. But there are just so many reasons why you are totally wrong.

1) The seller has no history of selling fake items - nothing even remotely close to this EVER.
2) He has been in constant contact with me over it, and gone to great lengths to ship it to ensure it was safe, pretty much freaking out over getting it posted right and not having it get damaged.
3) The poster itself would be INCREDIBLY hard to fake create, and it would HAVE to have been created specially to then fake since there is no other C&G poster of that print that size anywhere that I have seen. They are all promo flyers with that image. In fact most of them are cropped over with other crap - this image shows more than anything else I've seen. If you wanted to fake some band sigs you would just use a normal sized C&G promo poster or just the flyer, it would be way easier.
4) I OWN more Foo Fighters signatures than many people have ever even looked at. I've been following and assessing every band member sign their names since eBay started 21 years ago. And I am totally happy that these are 100% genuine.
5) A calm unrushed sig is far different to the mess that can get get scrawled in a hurry bent over a table or on a rail. On top of that several of the guys have at least one short AND long version of their sigs. They use both all the time - they don't have a "current" one as you suggest, it much more comes down to location and time. Dave is worse - he has about six, with variations of the DD, and with and without David in full. The link you provide is a great example of one of super rushed sets of sigs - real yes but absolutely showing they were done as fast as possible.
6) Finally there is the little matter of provenance - which as one of the biggest collectors I ALWAYS get. I'm anal about having every detail as everyone that's been here a while knows. If I discount the seller himself - then yes it might have been faked BEFORE the seller got it... only I now have the entire history of the item and am fully satisfied (even though I never had any doubt from the start) that it wasn't faked.

Im FAR from a newbie at this, in fact with this band I'd venture to say that most collectors here would actually far sooner have me say their sigs were real than any idiot PSA certification - and I'll do it for free.

And forgive me but I have to question just how big a fan you really are when you're THE very first person to sell a flight bag on eBay out of a deluxe package. Calling you a flipper might be harsh but you've definitely resold more than your share of foo items for profit - which is not something that will find you much love around here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222705493648

And also you should know that I have been collecting rock autographs for 20 years and am a member of several collecting organizations. I have circulated your poster pics to several of my collecting colleagues and they all say it is a forgery. One person even knows who might of faked it. I was prepared to give you all this information and email addresses to help you, but now I just don't care after your long ramble. Good luck with your future purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #7993  
Old December 1st 2017, 12:27 AM
Foo_R_U's Avatar
Foo_R_U Foo_R_U is offline
Good Grief
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Huntersville, North Carolina
Posts: 587
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinford View Post
Just bought the music box. Thanks for the heads up
Me too! I appreciate the heads up as always
__________________
RFK Stadium 20th Anniversary Washington D.C. - 7/4/2015
Centennial Olympic Park Atlanta, GA - 10/4/2015
Greensboro Coliseum Greensboro, NC - 10/15/2017
Reply With Quote
  #7994  
Old December 1st 2017, 11:49 AM
dave_patch's Avatar
dave_patch dave_patch is offline
Everything fades in time it's true...
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 621
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Me too! I appreciate the heads up as always
Me 3! Someone must have found a box of them somewhere!
__________________
Reading Festival 24/8/02 ~ Reading Festival 27/8/05 ~ Hyde Park, London 17/6/06
The O2 Arena, London 18/11/07 ~ Wembley Stadium, London 6 & 7/8/08 ~ Milton Keynes Bowl 3//7/11
Reading Festival 26/8/12 ~ AccorHotels Arena, Paris 3/7/17~ The O2 Arena, London 19/9/17
The Royal Albert Hall, London 21/9/17
Etihad Stadium, Manchester 19/6/18 ~ London Stadium, London 22 & 23/6/18

Dave's Foo Flickr
Reply With Quote
  #7995  
Old December 3rd 2017, 08:23 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyz30 View Post
And also you should know that I have been collecting rock autographs for 20 years and am a member of several collecting organizations. I have circulated your poster pics to several of my collecting colleagues and they all say it is a forgery. One person even knows who might of faked it. I was prepared to give you all this information and email addresses to help you, but now I just don't care after your long ramble. Good luck with your future purchases.
Sure go ahead and dig your hole deeper. Great argument discounting all my points. Very well thought out with the "my mysterious unnamed expert friends" strategy.

I have been collecting THIS band's autographs for 20 years. One band dude.

Good luck with your future flipping.
Reply With Quote
  #7996  
Old December 3rd 2017, 09:31 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Sure go ahead and dig your hole deeper. Great argument discounting all my points. Very well thought out with the "my mysterious unnamed expert friends" strategy.

I have been collecting THIS band's autographs for 20 years. One band dude.

Good luck with your future flipping.
You payed $200 for it. Of course it's real, lol. My hole must be as deep as your pockets. Your money, nobody is stopping you. Sounds like your angry because your not as good at this as you thought you were. It's ok to ask for help.
Reply With Quote
  #7997  
Old December 3rd 2017, 10:45 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyz30 View Post
You payed $200 for it. Of course it's real, lol. My hole must be as deep as your pockets. Your money, nobody is stopping you. Sounds like your angry because your not as good at this as you thought you were. It's ok to ask for help.
And once again - perfect answer refuting all the detailed points I stated as to why it's real and not a fake. Awesome work for all to see... let's recap: one statement full of facts, and one full of opinion and baseless self acclamation with absolute deflection of need for any proof statements or fact by hacking the other person down and not focusing on the item proof raised.

Continuing on and on with zero refutation of my detailed points including provenance is one thing, but then calling all my proof points a "ramble" when they are all that matters here, just shows you don't even understand the basics of proving an item, let alone being some kind of expert. It's just even more hilarious that you then continue relentlessly to act as though your "help" is worth a damn thing to me or anyone else here.

You've made a few thousand new friends here - go talk to them, I'm done with you.
Reply With Quote
  #7998  
Old December 4th 2017, 01:17 AM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
And once again - perfect answer refuting all the detailed points I stated as to why it's real and not a fake. Awesome work for all to see... let's recap: one statement full of facts, and one full of opinion and baseless self acclamation with absolute deflection of need for any proof statements or fact by hacking the other person down and not focusing on the item proof raised.

Continuing on and on with zero refutation of my detailed points including provenance is one thing, but then calling all my proof points a "ramble" when they are all that matters here, just shows you don't even understand the basics of proving an item, let alone being some kind of expert. It's just even more hilarious that you then continue relentlessly to act as though your "help" is worth a damn thing to me or anyone else here.

You've made a few thousand new friends here - go talk to them, I'm done with you.

Provenance with no proof is worthless, basically just a story that anyone could make up. The facts are you purchased a signed poster for less than what it was worth ($200) from a person you only know from ebay that has other signed items for sale and obviously knows the value of autos and quickly took your offer for obvious reasons. None of the 6 autos are remotely close to real signatures (especially Chris's, that one is actually laughable and Pat never uses lower case a's in his name). Slants are off, pressure is off, pen flow is off and they are all basically the same size and use letter shapes that are completely off. That equals forgery by the same hand. Period. And your argument that these were not rushed signatures therefore look different does not hold water either. Example, https://www.ebay.com/itm/MC-GRAMMY-W...19.m1438.l2649
Look how rushed he looks and yet it looks nothing like yours. You may have to face the fact that it cost you more to ship it than what its worth. And one other thing, you can love the FFs but sounds like you "love" the FF's in a bit of an unhealthy way. Like an extremely obsessive compulsive with delusions of grandeur person. It's really creepy. Do you dress up like Dave and perform in the mirror? Or photoshop yourself in pics with the band? Kinda seems like you might. The FFs are a great band....but in the end, just a band. And the more items you own will not get you any closer. Now sir, I am done with you.
Reply With Quote
  #7999  
Old December 4th 2017, 07:28 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,823
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

code for the uk store until the 10th... note: *offer excludes media, tea sets & penny board

TSHIRT2017 for 20% off everything else.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?

Last edited by lharris92 : December 4th 2017 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8000  
Old December 4th 2017, 07:43 PM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,344
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
code for the uk store until the 10th... note: *offer excludes media, tea sets & penny board

TSHIRTS2017 for 20% off everything else.
The code is wrong. It's TSHIRT2017. Not surprised they ballsed that up...
__________________
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.