Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 23rd 2011, 11:01 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: How to spot a fake Colour And The Shape LP

Yeah I think they're original, like I say every genuine copy I've seen of the US press has had them, obvious fakes and questionable fakes always have the paper. I've not seen a genuine US copy with paper sleeves nor a fake copy with the plastic sleeves.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old January 24th 2011, 01:12 PM
Have you found your way around

I have got a genuine US pressing but Do we know anything about pressing numbers on the dead wax?
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215

Old January 24th 2011, 02:38 PM
I'll Stick Around

This is really useful, guys! When I'm buying my copy of TCATS on vinyl (which would hopefully happen one day...) I'll consult you all first.
Old January 25th 2011, 06:49 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Nick - here are my runoff groove etchings:

Side One: C1-57592-1

Side Two: C1-57592-2 Gateway LC

Side Three: C1-57593-3

Side Four: C1 57593 4 RE-1 Gateway LC

Side Four has no dashes except in the RE-1 - which I am led to believe means pressing 1, though I have no way to confirm that nor how many pressing versions there may have been, but there wouldn't have been many. Interested to hear what others have.
Old January 25th 2011, 07:31 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1894686 some pictures of my UK release

vinyl codes are

(EST 2295A) SIDE A-1-1-1
(EST 2295B) SIDE B-1-1-1
(EST 2295C) SIDE C-1-1-1
(EST 2295D) SIDE D-1-1-1
Old January 29th 2011, 12:15 AM
The Sidekick

Wow this copy looks awesome.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old January 29th 2011, 12:19 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
JEEZUS!! hahah
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old January 29th 2011, 03:34 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Amazing how many serious sellers are still getting fooled by these shitty bootlegs isn't it. $100 US dollars for a crappy set of records that cost $10 to make if that.
Old January 29th 2011, 03:37 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Amazing how many serious sellers are still getting fooled by these shitty bootlegs isn't it. $100 US dollars for a crappy set of records that cost $10 to make if that.
easy money.
that's the choice of making a living of a really large number of people, sadly....
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old February 23rd 2011, 11:28 PM
The Sidekick

Nice genuine US copy for a reasonable price here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123

--
Old February 24th 2011, 07:04 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Nice genuine US copy for a reasonable price here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123
I would have said reasonable IMO is under $100, but the seller is known to me as excellent, and he is offering free economy shipping from Japan in that price so yes not too bad.

Id put a stake in the ground and say under $70 US is awesome, 70 - 100 is good, 100 plus it needs to be a mint set, His grade means these may have one or two light scuffs - but they would be small and wouldn't affect play.

I was there
Old February 24th 2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I would have said reasonable IMO is under $100, but the seller is known to me as excellent, and he is offering free economy shipping from Japan in that price so yes not too bad.

Id put a stake in the ground and say under $70 US is awesome, 70 - 100 is good, 100 plus it needs to be a mint set, His grade means these may have one or two light scuffs - but they would be small and wouldn't affect play.
I would wait. On ebay UK there are 5 till 10 UK LPs each year for 30 / 50 pounds
Old February 24th 2011, 08:13 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by longever View Post
I would wait. On ebay UK there are 5 till 10 UK LPs each year for 30 / 50 pounds
The UK ones are actually increasing in price much faster than the US LPs - must be that red sticker

That said I did just finally snag my much needed copy for 31 pounds from Japan last week - so yes you're right it can be done.

It definitely does depend on WHERE it is listed and which version it is. You will almost always get the best buy from a Japanese seller, stupid really as the quality is almost always better as well. US buyers (and I apologise as no offense is meant here but its generally true) just often don't like to buy from outside of their huge country.

I was there
Old February 24th 2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
The UK ones are actually increasing in price much faster than the US LPs - must be that red sticker

That said I did just finally snag my much needed copy for 31 pounds from Japan last week - so yes you're right it can be done.

It definitely does depend on WHERE it is listed and which version it is. You will almost always get the best buy from a Japanese seller, stupid really as the quality is almost always better as well. US buyers (and I apologise as no offense is meant here but its generally true) just often don't like to buy from outside of their huge country.
Yeah indeed. But with the red sticker you know for sure its original. So i would sell it at a higher price:P.
The Japanese sellers are good with all kind of music but sometimes the prices are really high. But if you really want it you can get it. I'm looking for Feeder Echo Park LP it's only buy it now for 75$ i little to high.
the same with rammstein Marilyn Manson lps and so on..
I don't mind buying all over the world if the postage rate isn't to high. But UK is my mean supplier:P
Old February 25th 2011, 09:50 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by longever View Post
Yeah indeed. But with the red sticker you know for sure its original. So i would sell it at a higher price:P.
The Japanese sellers are good with all kind of music but sometimes the prices are really high. But if you really want it you can get it. I'm looking for Feeder Echo Park LP it's only buy it now for 75$ i little to high.
the same with rammstein Marilyn Manson lps and so on..
I don't mind buying all over the world if the postage rate isn't to high. But UK is my mean supplier:P
My UK TCATS just arrived today Really nice condition, big smiley face it was pretty cheap at 49 US and shipping was only 8 for Economy SAL from Japan. Some wont do that method and then the shipping rockets up. And yeah I watched another ok copy that was 80 US - someone bought it and i went oh well, then mine was listed the next day, so you just never know. But it does prove being patient about this stuff is really important.

You'll find all your LPs in time, Just thank God you aren't into Joy Division and New Order like I am. The 7 inch record I need has sold for between $1500 and $2500 US the last 12 months.

I was there
Old February 26th 2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
My UK TCATS just arrived today Really nice condition, big smiley face it was pretty cheap at 49 US and shipping was only 8 for Economy SAL from Japan. Some wont do that method and then the shipping rockets up. And yeah I watched another ok copy that was 80 US - someone bought it and i went oh well, then mine was listed the next day, so you just never know. But it does prove being patient about this stuff is really important.

You'll find all your LPs in time, Just thank God you aren't into Joy Division and New Order like I am. The 7 inch record I need has sold for between $1500 and $2500 US the last 12 months.
Nice one
Old March 15th 2011, 01:59 AM
I'll Stick Around

Just went through some of my records recently and found that my US copy of TCATS is still sealed. ...any idea on value?
Old March 15th 2011, 05:36 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5ive View Post
Just went through some of my records recently and found that my US copy of TCATS is still sealed. ...any idea on value?
I turned down $300 US for mine late last year. That was probably a pretty fair offer, but I wouldn't part with it and there's no real way to know for certain without being prepared to try.

You can be sure though that it is $200, and quite possibly more than $300 to the right person at the right time. All of that will increase as time goes by, assuming they remain very collectible.

No basis for any of this other than what I've seen and what I know has sold in the last 10 or so years, also assuming your copy is genuine and not one of the recent bootlegs, which it would be if you have owned it more than 2 years or so.

I was there
Old March 15th 2011, 11:11 AM

It just what the Crazy man wants to pay for it:P
Old March 15th 2011, 12:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

Sealed is one of those arguable issues. I guess it depends on what the collector intends to do with their collection.

I have the first album sealed and the One By One 10" sealed. Neither of which were described as sealed in the auction so in many ways I got a bargain. £10 for each.

However, I was actually a little annoyed when they arrived as now I need to buy additional copies to listen to/look at in detail.

My collection method has always been about knowing whether something is just rare in general. Sealed or otherwise. Just having the item suits me fine.

Of course, now I have sealed items, it doesn't mean I'd let them go cheap. Like longever says, it's value is down to the payer lol!