Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 6th 2011, 03:57 PM
Send in the congregation...

Default Re: Your first and your most valuable item?

First item I got was the Monkey Wrench Cd 1 UK single when it was released... had been watching The Ozone (yep lol) and they had a Dave interview. I'd never heard of them (being 13) and they followed it with a clip of the monkeywrench video... I was hooked!

Every knows my most valuable, 7" UK vinyl of The One, only one in existence and signed by DG himself.
Brixton 99/Reading 00/Brixton 00/Brixton 00/V2001 Staff/V2001 Chelms/Oxegen 02/T in the Park 02/Reading 02/Astoria 02/CD:UK 02/Manchester 02/Newcastle 02/Birmingham 02/Cardiff 02/Wembley 02/Wembley 02/V2003 Chelms/V2003 Staff/Glasgow Green 03/Oxegen 05/Reading 05/Earls Court 05/Apollo Victoria 06/Hyde Park 06/Brighton 07/'606' @ V2007 Chelmsford/V2007 Chelmsford/O2 Arena 07/Wembley 08/Brixton 11/MK Bowl 11/MK Bowl day 2/Belfast 21/8/12/MK Bowl 6/9/15
Old April 7th 2011, 11:03 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Dont think Ive ever posted on my very first Foo item. It would be the Summer 1995 edition of Blender magazine. Came with a Multimedia CD-Rom featuring the new band called Foo Fighters and their forthcoming album. It was pretty slick for the time.

I know I still have the cd & mag somewhere packed away - its probably quite valuable now as it was one of the very first magazine articles. The archive have the article and some of the multimedia stuff on it here:

http://www.fooarchive.com/features/blender95.htm

Most valuable - Late cassette

I was there

Last edited by FooZealand : April 7th 2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old April 8th 2011, 02:13 AM
Visiting is pretty...

First was TCATS CD back in 97 shortly after it came out. My Hero was probably the song that locked it in for me, but Everlong claimed my favorite song of all time about 10 seconds after.

Most valuable? TCATS on vinyl. Came in direct from Germany last Christmas. My wonderful and extremely thoughtful girlfriend got it for me, along with a specially made coffee mug with my favorite lyrics (also from Everlong) "Only thing I'll ever ask of you, gotta promise not to stop when I say when. She sang."

I've seen Foo the most of any band, but my memory kinda sucks, so I don't remember all of them. I do remember seeing them when they toured with RHCP and then with Weezer. I found it funny Weezer opened up for Foo, since they were both pretty much equal at the time. As a Foo Fan, I'd prefer them to be the headliner.

Much ado about stuffing.
Old April 8th 2011, 02:30 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotw57 View Post
along with a specially made coffee mug with my favorite lyrics (also from Everlong) "Only thing I'll ever ask of you, gotta promise not to stop when I say when. She sang."
Best lyric line, by any band, in any song, ever. 100% in agreement with you Then its immediately followed by one of the most infectious catchy guitar hooks in rock history

I was there
Old April 8th 2011, 02:32 AM
I'll Stick Around

First thing I ever bought was the "Learn to Fly" single...I'd heard the band before but that was when I really took interest. I was also late in hearing about the whole Nirvana connection.

My most valuable possessions are probably either my Aussie copy of TINLTL or my "Exhausted" on vinyl...the TINLTL I found by accident on a trip to Seattle in 2001. The "Exhausted" I've been trying to find for years and I finally got a hold of one.
11.01.11 Sacramento, CA
02.08.10 Reno, NV (Shifty solo again!)
02.01.08 Reno, NV
11.12.06 Orangevale, CA (Taylor!)
10.21.06 Mountain View, CA
07.13.06 Berkeley, CA
10.28.05 Oakland, CA
03.06.04 Sparks, NV (Jackson)
06.11.03 Sacramento, CA
10.26.02 Mountain View, CA
05.06.00 Memphis, TN
Old April 9th 2011, 04:31 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by y3foouk View Post
First item I got was the Monkey Wrench Cd 1 UK single when it was released... had been watching The Ozone (yep lol) and they had a Dave interview. I'd never heard of them (being 13) and they followed it with a clip of the monkeywrench video... I was hooked!

Every knows my most valuable, 7" UK vinyl of The One, only one in existence and signed by DG himself.
Can you explain where and how you get this jewel?

"If you think about it with an open mind, music can be nameless, it can be faceless - it can just be music"
Old April 9th 2011, 05:08 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

first item was a tour shirt from when they opened for mike watt

most valuable? must say it is not an item. it was time, the 5 or so minutes I got to spend chatting with Dave at Coachella last year.
Old April 9th 2011, 11:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

first - ESP&G CD
most valuable - rare bootleg CD of 5/25/97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stu View Post
I will say "suck my ballbag".
10/16/11 US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ
This is my first Foo show so...
SUCK IT

"You last visited: August 25th 2011"
Wow... time flies.

Previously known as YOURENOTTHEONE11
Old April 10th 2011, 09:47 AM
Looking for a sign of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURENOTTHEONE11 View Post
first - ESP&G CD
most valuable - rare bootleg CD of 5/25/97
How is a bootleg your most valuable item? Those can be found on the internet you know..
Old April 10th 2011, 08:41 PM

My first item was the This Is A Call single.
second is a the TINLTL album signed by the whole band got that one for my birthday!
and my most valuable is the Gibson DG-335 Pelham Blue.

Last edited by Wokki The Lion : April 10th 2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old April 11th 2011, 05:10 AM
Visiting is pretty...

My first Foo item was the TINLTL CD, as far as valuable stuff I guess I don't have any super valuable things but I have a few Foo singles: Learn to Fly with Make a Bet, Generator, Big Me. The first single I got was the Breakout single, I found it at an F.Y.E store a couple years ago and started freaking out I was so excited So that has a lot of sentimental value to me
Old April 11th 2011, 07:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

First items (as they were bought at the same time) are This Is A Call on CD and 12" luminous vinyl. Skipped a couple of lessons at college to queue up and get it. Wasn't planning on getting the vinyl, but once I saw it in the shop, well that was it...

Most valuable is probably TCATS on vinyl (which I finally got today to complete the album collection on vinyl), or the Japanese promo version of self titled. Though this will probably change when I get the super deluxe Wasting Light with the hand signed stuff!
Old June 5th 2011, 06:50 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Beyond View Post
How is a bootleg your most valuable item? Those can be found on the internet you know..
It's very rare. it's called "We'll Stick Around"

Here are a few pictures.

and besides, all the other stuff i have are officially released regular albums and dvd's. i don't have singles or anything. so bootlegs are the most valuable to me.
Quote:
SUCK IT

Wow... time flies.

Last edited by Ain't_It_The_Life : June 5th 2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: just found it online.
Old June 5th 2011, 07:36 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
no it's actually a different one. i edited my last post.
Quote:
SUCK IT

Wow... time flies.

Old June 5th 2011, 07:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

First Foo item for me was the Big Me single (UK version).

As for most valuable, then I am not sure. I have some stuff that is rare but not all that special:

Generator, limited edition, numbered single (European version)
Staked Actors, limited edition, Australia only single.

In fact I have all the Foo Fighters singles but non of them are worth much, at least not at this moment in time, but years to come they will be worth something whcih brings me to Nirvana:

I have two real copies of the Blew EP (CD), when I bought these about 10 years ago they were no more than 20 each and it might sound silly to say that I paid that much, but I have seen the Blew EP (CD) being sold on Ebay for 150 + in recent times, it has become a collectors item and there are limited numbers.

Same goes for my copy of the Australian, About a Girl CD single I have. That was limited to 5000 numbered copies and I have one. I have seen that going for well over 100 on Ebay.

I have loads of other rare Nirvana stuff which has all gone up in value over the years.

14/09/2014, 23/06/2018
Old June 5th 2011, 07:31 PM
Have you found your way around

Original print of the Foo Fighters gig poster from the Vegas shows few years back.
Old June 7th 2011, 01:29 PM

I have two real copies of the Blew EP (CD),
my copy of the Australian, About a Girl CD single I have.
I have loads of other rare Nirvana stuff which has all gone up in value over the years.[/quote]

Your lucky with the Aussie About a girl single, i only have the Eu one. i paid for my original blew EP 30 pounds or so. I have almost everything of nirvana except for Love Buzz 7 inch and the Pennyroyal tea single. Prices are CRAZYYY

First Foo stuff was For all the cows 7'
The most value i have is Big Me japan Promo single i think i never seen it on ebay or somewhere else.
and in your honor cdr promo. never seen it either.
Old June 7th 2011, 04:34 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by longever View Post

Your lucky with the Aussie About a girl single, i only have the Eu one. i paid for my original blew EP 30 pounds or so. I have almost everything of nirvana except for Love Buzz 7 inch and the Pennyroyal tea single. Prices are CRAZYYY
Yeah, the EU version of the About a Girl CD is not rare as it was released in large quantities unlike the Australian version which was limited to 5000 copies each with their own number and 200 promo copies, which I think are also numbered.

Interestingly Love Buzz and Pennyroyal Tea were the band's first and last singles (when they were still a band). And due to their rareness the prices are rediculous. Usually at least 1000 each. It isn't even known how many copies of Pennyroyal Tea are out there!. Love Buzz was supposed to be limited to 1000 numbered retail copies and a further 200 promotional copies. But collectors have found that there are some unnumbered copies of Love Buzz (retail version) out there too, so there seems to be more than the 1000 numbered copies.

I have just bought a real copy of the Australian version of the Hormoaning EP on CD too, which is also quite rare. Got for about 20, a bargin seen as someone else on the same website was selling one the same for over 100.

14/09/2014, 23/06/2018
Old June 8th 2011, 01:17 PM
I'll Stick Around

My first FF purchase was One By One on cd in 2003. Was a big fan of TINLTL, but only had the mp3's from a coworker. Eight years later these guys are my favorites...

Most valuable item would probably have to be the signed Litho from the WL Deluxe package. If we are going more for music item then I will name my TCATS vinyl, US version.
9-17-2011......St. Louis, Scottrade Center
Old June 8th 2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgm84 View Post
Yeah, the EU version of the About a Girl CD is not rare as it was released in large quantities unlike the Australian version which was limited to 5000 copies each with their own number and 200 promo copies, which I think are also numbered.

Interestingly Love Buzz and Pennyroyal Tea were the band's first and last singles (when they were still a band). And due to their rareness the prices are rediculous. Usually at least 1000 each. It isn't even known how many copies of Pennyroyal Tea are out there!. Love Buzz was supposed to be limited to 1000 numbered retail copies and a further 200 promotional copies. But collectors have found that there are some unnumbered copies of Love Buzz (retail version) out there too, so there seems to be more than the 1000 numbered copies.

I have just bought a real copy of the Australian version of the Hormoaning EP on CD too, which is also quite rare. Got for about 20, a bargin seen as someone else on the same website was selling one the same for over 100.
You know the website www.sliver.it ? there you can find a lot of info about all nirvana releases and fake ones.