Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 3rd 2011, 02:00 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Omg Milton Keynes Was So Awesome!

HAHA! I love his big rock star bletching!!! Sticking his gum on the side of the glass tankard!xx
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:01 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donething4foo View Post
HAHA! I love his big rock star bletching!!! Sticking his gum on the side of the glass tankard!xx
Yeah aha, we all knew the burp was coming, does it every time

Old July 3rd 2011, 02:10 PM
I'll Stick Around

Also thought it was really sweet to see Dave and Taylor, running down the runway together, during Cold Day in the Sun. They should've done it hand in hand!!!
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donething4foo View Post
Also thought it was really sweet to see Dave and Taylor, running down the runway together, during Cold Day in the Sun. They should've done it hand in hand!!!
Yeah! They were all having a great time just like the fans. it's good to see that tbh

Old July 3rd 2011, 02:29 PM
I'll Stick Around

I had an amazing time last night proven by the fact that I can hardly walk today (too much jumping around + the 4 1/2 mile walk back to the hotel) I am also hoarse, but still managed to belt out more Foo on the way home this afternoon.

wish I could have stayed for tonights too, especially now that I know I could have gotten into the circle, we didn't arrive at the bowl until around 6 so I thought we would be too late. we still managed to get a spot where we could see reasonably well and I had enough space that I could go mental without hurting anyone
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:40 PM
I'll Stick Around

Wink Re: Omg Milton Keynes Was So Awesome!

I kinda agree with one of the other posters, it wasn't the best Foo's gig out of the 5 I've been to. There was defo something lacking, I can't put my finger on it. Nothing's ever gonna top Wembley 2008, to be fair, but MK Bowl is a rubbish venue: restricted views from practically everywhere; poorly organised with no info about the wristbands; and the crowd was weird - I was stood outside the GC with about 100 people around me, and I was the only one who knew the words to Monkey Wrench! WTF is up with that? The guy next to me was like "Wow, you know all the words to the screamy bit" - course I f*cking do, I'm a Foo's fan.

I'll always love the Foo's though, maybe I'm just spoiled because I've seen them at their best so many times, and it wasn't a bad gig, just below their usual standard somehow. Odd set-list didn't help (Wheels? and no For All The Cows?)

I asked about the wrist bands and the sleazy pigs that worked at the VIP entrance said 'nice tits, what are you going to give me if I give you a wrist band?" I gave him the finger and walked off. I love Dave but he's the only one I'll give something to get VIP treatment at a Foo's gig!!! Maybe that has made me feel a bit negative about the gig, usually I'd be about 2 rows from front like Wembley but instead I was stuck with the weirdos.

The 4 hour traffic jam because they shut 2 lanes on the M1 was the most retarded town planning I've ever seen. Surely they can miss 2 days of road works when they know there is a gig that massive on - none of the workmen were doing a thing anyway.

But I did get to show off my custom made Foo Fighters bikini, which judging by the reaction the girls liked as much as the boys! Would post a pic but not sure how to!

Hope tonight's better for you guys.

Last edited by KittyBomb777 : July 3rd 2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:46 PM
Have you found your way around

was a most excellent gig, worth every bit of sunburn and the poisoning by cider!

We're here to make sure that all the ladies go home with wet panties and the men go home with huge boners, and it's due to songs like this called.. um... um... Stacked Actors - Wembley 11/23/02

"Guns 'n' f***ing Roses, Wembley f***ing Stadium, Sold f***ing Out, BIG F***ING DEAL!!!" -Dave

Wear your Green Socks with Pride!!!
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBomb777 View Post
I was stood outside the GC with about 100 people around me, and I was the only one who knew the words to Monkey Wrench! WTF is up with that? The guy next to me was like "Wow, you know all the words to the screamy bit" - course I f*cking do, I'm a Foo's fan.
I had about 5 or 6 people around me who also knew the words which was better than wembley where I was the only one I could see. that said my husband has been a fan right from the start and he doesn't know the words. he gets by with going "dooby dooby doo" most of the time
Old July 3rd 2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylou View Post
I had about 5 or 6 people around me who also knew the words which was better than wembley where I was the only one I could see. that said my husband has been a fan right from the start and he doesn't know the words. he gets by with going "dooby dooby doo" most of the time
There was a guy by me when Biffy Clyro were playing and he said to his friend "OMG I Love This Song"

And I watched him "singing". He only managed the chorus, for the rest of the song he was moving his mouth, it did entertain me for a while no matter how cruel it may seem

Old July 3rd 2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I was stood outside the GC with about 100 people around me, and I was the only one who knew the words to Monkey Wrench! WTF is up with that? The guy next to me was like "Wow, you know all the words to the screamy bit" - course I f*cking do, I'm a Foo's fan.
lol

We're here to make sure that all the ladies go home with wet panties and the men go home with huge boners, and it's due to songs like this called.. um... um... Stacked Actors - Wembley 11/23/02

"Guns 'n' f***ing Roses, Wembley f***ing Stadium, Sold f***ing Out, BIG F***ING DEAL!!!" -Dave

Wear your Green Socks with Pride!!!
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:14 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
I bet your husband knows it's called Monkey Wrench, though, and probably knows the chorus - these jokers looked blank the entire time...

I was in the mosh pit at Wembley (stage right) and pretty much everyone knew - guess it depends on where you stood...

BTW do do do dododo do do do are genuine lyrics when singing along to the right bit in Everlong...

Last edited by KittyBomb777 : July 3rd 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:19 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Why do people like this get to go when I don't?
LMFAO!!
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Foos yesterday was amazing!!!! The guys were on top form, wish the show didn't have to end!

Got some great pics, including this one of Dave and Taylor being true rock gods on the runway in the...

http://ow.ly/i/dPsM
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:35 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Finally at MK!
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:41 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
The 4 hour traffic jam because they shut 2 lanes on the M1 was the most retarded town planning I've ever seen. Surely they can miss 2 days of road works when they know there is a gig that massive on - none of the workmen were doing a thing anyway.
Was that queue all down to roadworks??? We jumped off at J12 to navigate our way round it. Must be contagious at the moment....went to see Take That on Thursday at Wembley - the geniuses planning roadworks decided that was to be the night to close all but 1 lane of the A40 coming away from London causing a massive queue (instead of perhaps any of the 350 nights a year when there was no event on!).

Anyway, really enjoyed last night. Not up with Wembley 08 or Dingwalls (obviously) but still a great show. The pit on the front right of the stage was a bit too crazy for my liking but was able to duck in and out as I pleased. All My Life was its usual mental self.

Anyone know the old guy who appeared during either Stacked Actors or Breakout (can't remember which)? Remember seeing him previously in Cardiff on the Noise & Confusion show, very nice last night to see the pit paying due respect and make sure no harm came to him.
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Angry Re: Omg Milton Keynes Was So Awesome!

Yup, after sitting in it for 2 hours going nowhere, we saw a sign showing that they'd blocked off 2 freaking lanes just after the services. Geniuses. We gave up in the end and went into Burger King to wait it out with a bunch of other Foo Fighters all looking zombified, eating burgers at 2:30 am
Old July 3rd 2011, 04:18 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
I bet your husband knows it's called Monkey Wrench, though, and probably knows the chorus
That he does

Quote:
BTW do do do dododo do do do are genuine lyrics when singing along to the right bit in Everlong...
Husband likes this comment very much especially as I am always telling him not to dooby dooby doo to every song
Old July 3rd 2011, 04:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

5th Time I have seen them. Going to the itunes gig at the roundhouse (thanks to xfm) which should be amazing. My favourite venue in the whole world. A thoughts on people saying to many hits in the set, only 6 songs off the new album etc. There is nothing more tedious then a group just playing new stuff and not playing any popular stuff, just ask Radiohead fans. (I do apprciate that radiohead's latest stuff is very tedious) I thought the gig was fantastic and was hugely impressed by the sound. So much better than wembley 08.
Old July 3rd 2011, 04:25 PM

I was there and despite things which could have been better, I was very impressed. Haven't seen too many in depth review-esque posts so I will post one later and see what people think.
Overall 9/10, I loved it x
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Old July 3rd 2011, 04:31 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
That he does
Husband likes this comment very much especially as I am always telling him not to dooby dooby doo to every song
I think it might be a husband thing - mine can't even remember the titles, let alone the correct lyrics...can remember every stupid line in Star Wars (the original films) from when he was a kid though