Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 14th 2011, 03:13 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: New York City? Madison Square Garden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgrl View Post
If it gets so stale and it's hard for you to complain (but you still are), you have a choice - don't go.
I know my expectations are high but I don't think they are unrealistic. The MSG set list was only different by like 2 songs to the IZOD show in October which was disappointing for me as I went to Izod.

When the announcements came out that there was going to be three shows which I could feasibly attend, my reaction was to get to them all as there would be some variety. I think the conclusion is that next tour I should aim for only one show.
Old November 14th 2011, 03:22 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboyau View Post
I know my expectations are high but I don't think they are unrealistic. The MSG set list was only different by like 2 songs to the IZOD show in October which was disappointing for me as I went to Izod.

When the announcements came out that there was going to be three shows which I could feasibly attend, my reaction was to get to them all as there would be some variety. I think the conclusion is that next tour I should aim for only one show.
C'mon though...surely this isn't just about the setlist. What about the friends, the music and the experience? Come hang with us next time.
Old November 14th 2011, 03:27 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
you do realize that times do change and people aren't the same as they were in 1995? It's a good thing for Dave, the band and the fans.
I love the new album, in fact it's my favourite part of the current touring set list.
If times did change, there would be a bit more rotation with the older songs. Nobody is asking for 1995 again, but how about picking some different songs off the first album, TCATS, TINLTL?
Old November 14th 2011, 03:31 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
She was fucking amazing.
Yes and YES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Yep, probably. Milly and I ended up behind the stage and I think I ended up on the screen a couple of times. It was nice staring at Taylor's...back all night.

Oh, and lip synching???? No. Never.
You're famous! I was actually really excited to see you up on the screen!

Last edited by trichristina : November 14th 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: irritating typo
Old November 14th 2011, 03:35 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thats awesome do you feel famous lol?
Old November 14th 2011, 03:36 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
C'mon though...surely this isn't just about the setlist. What about the friends, the music and the experience? Come hang with us next time.
I have met great people at the shows and I'm really grateful and lucky that I've had some amazing experiences like the Opera House in Sydney and Wembley. It's definitely a feat that I can say I've seen my favourite band at Madison Square Garden as well.
But the setlist is definitely a contributing factor in the music and the experience.
Old November 14th 2011, 03:36 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
I'm still amped and ready for more. I just checked airfare to Canada and am considering another trip to see Prince with Lee. Crazy, but it's a fever I can't seem to shake.
I looked to see what it would cost to fly out to Canada to see Lee and Prince.... and she didn't even invite me. Think she'll turn me away?
Old November 14th 2011, 03:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I thought it was a great show, although the only real surprise was Joan Jett. I sat just behind the band also and really enjoyed it; it's almost impossible to get tickets that close otherwise without paying through the roof for scalper prices.

The one disappointment I had on the night was that there were no more "Foo Fighters - New York" t shirts left after the show was over.
Old November 14th 2011, 04:01 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogg81 View Post
it's almost impossible to get tickets that close otherwise without paying through the roof for scalper prices.
I missed tickets to Izod and MSG in the original sales so I waited until the very last minute. If you're willing to wait until the the last days you can usually get face value or lower. I got face value floor tickets to izod the day before and MSG on Friday off stub hub.
Old November 14th 2011, 04:15 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyannaD View Post
Mine too, along with "Let It Die", which I know isn't a huge favorite but I love it.

The setlist may be "standard" and include a lot of "hits", but I honestly didn't care last night. The band sounded great, the people in my section of 305 were standing up, rocking and going crazy from the first note, and for me, that made a great gig.

Next up Boston on Wednesday, and I can't wait!
I was surprised how many people in the place were singing all the words to Let it Die. I always think I'm the hard core fan and everyone else will only know the top hits. It was nice to hear so many people enjoying it. Great energy at last night's show!

Have fun in Boston!!
Old November 14th 2011, 04:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogg81 View Post
The one disappointment I had on the night was that there were no more "Foo Fighters - New York" t shirts left after the show was over.
Totally AGREE.
I was there at 7:50, and they had NO New York Foo Fighters T-Shirts inside the venue by that time, or they were Sold Out...

If I knew that, I would have bought one at the merch table outside.

Terrible on the Foo's part that they didn't print enough...
Old November 14th 2011, 05:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
If it gets so stale and it's hard for you to complain (but you still are), you have a choice - don't go.

And while I can't speak for the rest of the board, you do realize that times do change and people aren't the same as they were in 1995? It's a good thing for Dave, the band and the fans. There has to be appreciation and recoginition that the current tour is a huge show playing to 10's of thousands of fan at a pop. Hold tight your long followership of the band close to your heart and be happy for them..and if you can, be happy that you can still enjoy the show.

Joan Jett is amazing! I say just pop your DVD in and spare me, please.
I don't recall ever suggesting the band should revert back to what they were like (or sounded like) in 1995. I'm merely pointing out that it'd be nice to have maybe one or two (not an entire set) switch-ups for each show. It would encourage people to actually go to MORE shows so they could hear different songs and also keep the band fresh, interested and on their feet.

Of course I have the option to not go and, hey, I probably will someday. It's just a bummer that people seem to give this band a pass on everything.
Old November 14th 2011, 05:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I love the new album, in fact it's my favourite part of the current touring set list.
If times did change, there would be a bit more rotation with the older songs. Nobody is asking for 1995 again, but how about picking some different songs off the first album, TCATS, TINLTL?
You and I should hang out at the next tri-state area show. We can grab a drink during the Stacked Actors jam (and, perhaps, Learn To Fly).
Old November 14th 2011, 05:41 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil507 View Post
You and I should hang out at the next tri-state area show. We can grab a drink during the Stacked Actors jam (and, perhaps, Learn To Fly).
I think we could probably squeeze a couple of drinks in during the jam. And we'll shake our heads at how Dave just introduced "Times Like These" as a song for the old fans.
Old November 14th 2011, 05:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I think we could probably squeeze a couple of drinks in during the jam. And we'll shake our heads at how Dave just introduced "Times Like These" as a song for the old fans.
Haha, I believe it was "Breakout" but, still, that's a strange on to be for the "old fans".
Old November 14th 2011, 06:26 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil507 View Post
Haha, I believe it was "Breakout" but, still, that's a strange on to be for the "old fans".
It's Breakout now, by the next tour it will be something from One by One.
Old November 14th 2011, 06:26 PM
The Boss

You guys sound like those elitist fans that are the ultimate FANS because they heard them on the first tour opening for Mike Watt.

Some people come into the Foo fold after each album because it's the first time they managed to hear a song and thought to check them out. While I was a fan of the first album, my first show wasn't until 2000 when they came to San Francisco promoting TINLTL. An "old" song is relative. Breakout is 12 years old and on album three. They have put out a few songs since then...

It's all good. I don't like the Stacked Actors jam because I don't like the song that much. I'll have beer if you promise not to be all snotty and shit.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 14th 2011, 06:28 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
You guys sound like those elitist fans that are the ultimate FANS because they heard them on the first tour opening for Mike Watt.
I hail Mike Watt! I might have to listen to some Minutemen right now...
Old November 14th 2011, 06:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I don't think that's fair, I'm not claiming to be a bigger fan than anyone else or giving shit to people who've only become fans recently.

I don't think there should be a line drawn between old and new either. I like the structure of the current setlist as it contains lots of the new album and a mix of older tunes. I'd just like to see some variety with the songs they play from the previous albums, even ESPG.
Old November 14th 2011, 07:02 PM
I'll Stick Around

I just did a whole diatribe about the same old show but when i went to post it, somehow i was no longer logged in. I will try again.
I went to the show last night. Sure there were songs I wish they would have played but sometimes you just have to enjoy the experience that is a Foos show instead of being bummed out.
I was in a section in the 200's in the back and to the side even though I got my ticket the first day they were available. It ended up being just fine because my section had Foo fans and new Foo fans from all walks of life. There was a Swedish guy and his girl. The guy sat or should I say STOOD in front of me all night long. Drove me nuts but I knew he was a fan so I let him. I asked him if he would move during the encore and he did. The girl sitting next to me was a guitar teacher and it was her first time seeing a show. She was BLOWN AWAY and wished she had come sooner to a show. A couple wanted their photo taken and I told them to have the Swedish guy shoot a picture of them with Dave in the background because by that time, he was in the back of the arena with us. These are the experiences you have to take with you not being pissed because they don't play a lot of the old stuff.
So...tonight when you go to IZOD, take in the whole Foo experience and enjoy the whole show not just how you think it should be. Have fun with the fans and fill us in on all the amazing things that happen tomorrow.