Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th 2014, 10:15 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
You know what the problem is? That the band and their management have actually listened to all of the complaining and tried to do something about it. Instead of that resulting in people being happy, it's resulted in them being even more whiney and entitled. Damned if they do; damned if they don't.
Yup!

I propose a settlement then. The Foos can come to my place and play in my back yard. It backs up to 81 acres of farm land and we can have our own Fooaroo.
Old December 5th 2014, 10:19 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
You know what the problem is? That the band and their management have actually listened to all of the complaining and tried to do something about it. Instead of that resulting in people being happy, it's resulted in them being even more whiney and entitled. Damned if they do; damned if they don't.
100% agree.

I do see that fan club lottery might help but you'll still get bitchin that true (I've loved the foos longer than yours) fans are getting left behind and "new" fans are getting tickets.

Shame everyone it's giving the band such a hard time as these gigs are super cool and they really don't need to do them other than the fact they want to.

Something like the pj approach seems to work
Old December 5th 2014, 10:24 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

The good news for them though is that people are wanting to see their live shows more than ever. It could be that people could care less. I'd rather have problems of trying to please people because I'm so in demand vs. people not caring and not showing up to your shows.
Old December 5th 2014, 10:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Have they let wristbands into the venue yet?
Old December 5th 2014, 10:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
There is no fool proof way to make everyone happy.
Remove the words 'fool proof' from your sentence and I agree with it. There is ACTUALLY no way to make everyone happy. A lesson I learned some 20+ years ago while trying to assist my wife in making out our wedding reception seating chart. It's impossible, so why stress over it? I shoot for 80% and above capture rate on anything I do. That's a B- and I'm ok with that. The other 20% were un-pleaseable in my eyes and not really worth the extra effort.

WBB
Old December 5th 2014, 10:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

If anyone has any info on the standby wristbands getting let in please let me know. Thanks!
Old December 5th 2014, 10:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozebeach View Post
If anyone has any info on the standby wristbands getting let in please let me know. Thanks!
Same here
Old December 5th 2014, 11:12 PM
Colors inside the lines

Wow. It's pretty ugly on the Irving Plaza Twitter feed

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old December 5th 2014, 11:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

There is no way to make everyone happy, absolutely not, but they could have released more than 350 seats to a 1000 capacity venue. They could have had a private show for the people at HBO so they didn't have to deprive the fans a chance to get in. They could have ignored the people showing up early and still stuck to the scheduled time to sell the shows. No matter if the fans were there at 5 am or 8 pm yesterday, it was their choice to ignore what the band said and they could have paid the consequence for that. Not everyone got in, and that is to be expected, but a lot of the other situations could have been dealt with better or avoided. Just my two cents as someone that waited around for hours and got turned away.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
They only handed out 20 standby wristbands & told us to come back at 9pm, if there were tickets we would be able to buy only 1 ticket, no plus 1.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:21 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckongART View Post
They only handed out 20 standby wristbands & told us to come back at 9pm, if there were tickets we would be able to buy only 1 ticket, no plus 1.
Yea I got that. We are 12,13,14 waiting on news on them letting any of us standbyers in.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:22 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckongART View Post
If I had one of those I would have been there since well before 5:00 - if you're not there now you better go NOW.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Yea I got that. We are 12,13,14 waiting on news on them letting any of us standbyers in.
Have they already let the other wristbands in? I have a standby
Old December 5th 2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillfoos View Post
Have they already let the other wristbands in? I have a standby
Yes
Old December 5th 2014, 11:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Please let me know what they tell you. Trying to find a sitter for my kids so i can get down there and hopefully get in with this standby wristband!
Old December 5th 2014, 11:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The people who got wristbands bought tickets, or do they go in with their plus one just with the wristband?

Found someone selling but I'm always a bit concerned with buying tickets from people. He said he has two tickets.

Just wondering if I should risk buying these, hope he doesn't just take off with my cash. lol

Last edited by wall232 : December 5th 2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:41 PM
Visiting is pretty...

They should get out a flatbed truck and play for the people outside.
Old December 5th 2014, 11:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall232 View Post
The people who got wristbands bought tickets, or do they go in with their plus one just with the wristband?

Found someone selling but I'm always a bit concerned with buying tickets from people. He said he has two tickets.

Just wondering if I should risk buying these, hope he doesn't just take off with my cash. lol
Heading over to meet the guy now, please let me know if tickets were sold and that you didn't have to go right into the venue after buying them. Thanks!
Old December 6th 2014, 12:01 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfriend_in_a_coma View Post
They should get out a flatbed truck and play for the people outside.
Or a play a show for everyone on this board tomorrow at Iriving Plaza. Lol. I'm only half kidding. I see on the FB thread that Irving Plaza is saying it was the bands call to hand out wrist bands when they did.

No, you can't make everyone happy. You had to know seats would be limited, but there is a way to give everyone a fair shot at tickets based on the rules. Box office tickets could have gone on sale 30 minutes after the show was announced. A lottery could have been held, etc. it's not fun to see the bad blood that has developed between the fans and the band over this.
Old December 6th 2014, 01:05 AM

i'm in. they just started the movie. crying.