Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 7th 2014, 12:00 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
You can share the link above! I have it open for the time being.
Thank you!!!
I know some frown on video taping shows and sharing them on social media but, seriously, isn't bringing music into people's lives what it's all about?!!! There is NO way my friend could ever get to one of these shows so to be able to share these videos is so special.
Old December 7th 2014, 12:08 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

For someone who has seen the FF on every tour since the Colour and the Shape at least once and every arena show in the NYC area since IYH this was a special show for me. The camaraderie on the line was amazing. I'm 41 and my legs are killing me today but it was all so worth it. We met so many cool people on the line (including MJ and the New Zealand guy). 95% of the people on the line were legit FF fans and 100% were super cool. I've seen the FF in Roseland and Hammerstein and the Supper Club in the old days a bunch of times. The difference between this show and those old shows are the quality of the musicianship and the catalog the foo now have. The band was so tight last night. I felt like I was 23 again at roseland but without the mosh pits. Thankful for that because my wife who is a huge FF fan as well wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. It was truly the concert of a life time for us and the fact they played I'll stick around, Hey JP and five songs off of WL made it an all time great show for the wife and I. Can't wait for RFK and citi field. I'm hoping they play MSG again next winter too!!! Congrats to all that experienced the show of a lifetime.

Last edited by snooplives : December 7th 2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old December 7th 2014, 01:14 AM
Fuck it all, I came from nothing

What an amazing night. I got in line at around 1:30 am, and it was fricken COLD. Thankfully the people ahead of me were great, and I made some new Foo friends. The atmosphere got pretty tense once 9-10 am rolled around and the Irving plaza representative (who we loving referred to as "Pony Tail") let us know that we're not actually on a line, and that if we stayed here we would not be able to get tickets. Naturally, no one moved. Honestly, would you? It's so easy to say "Just follow the rules" without thinking of how that 3pm start actually would be possible without some kind of line forming beforehand. If they decided to stick to that, and have several THOUSAND people wait on the opposite side of the street in a mob and then play a game of Frogger at 3pm, people would definitely get hurt. The only way you can tell someone that a line "starts" at a certain time is if it's not first come first serve, simple as that.

The show was so fucking good. I seriously got chills during the SH episode when Dave said, "this lead us to the greatest city in the world..." and the crowd LOST IT. The set was super tight, it was clear that the boys were at the top of their game. Stoked to hear HJP and the premiere of I am a River. In the end, I hobbled over to a cab and slept for 12 hours, missing the flight I had today. Do I regret it? No fucking way.

https://m.facebook.com/saraluke/albu...03215532933870

___________________________________live.
Old December 7th 2014, 02:10 AM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJak View Post
Thank you!!!
I know some frown on video taping shows and sharing them on social media but, seriously, isn't bringing music into people's lives what it's all about?!!! There is NO way my friend could ever get to one of these shows so to be able to share these videos is so special.
This is the first and only video that we I've ever taken. I'm there for face melting rock, not to hang on mg phone. I'd like to think that because I play by the rules, Dave gave ms that extra love at the end of this video.
Old December 7th 2014, 03:29 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
The début of I am a River that I shot last night. The ending is the best. Evah.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...27974030053 5

(Sorry I can't get the hyperlink button to work)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for sharing this.
Love love love it!
Old December 7th 2014, 04:14 AM
These are my famous last words

Quote:

What did he do at the end? Not sure if it's because my computer's old or what, but every time I get to the middle of the video, it freezes up.
Old December 7th 2014, 10:06 AM
Ready on your mark

These are some of the best live Foo photos I have ever seen. And i've seen plenty.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old December 7th 2014, 11:11 AM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
What did he do at the end? Not sure if it's because my computer's old or what, but every time I get to the middle of the video, it freezes up.
He finished the song with his foot up right on the amp directly in front of me. With a head toss at the very end...awesome.
Old December 7th 2014, 01:27 PM
You'll never know, am I selling you out?

Show sounds like it was a great time, glad everyone who got in enjoyed it! Shows like that are a really special thing.

Looking forward to Fenway and Citifield next summer.
Old December 7th 2014, 03:40 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

Thanks for posting the video. I've never been able to get up close so your video was pretty amazing.
Old December 7th 2014, 03:54 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiRSq View Post
Thanks for posting the video. I've never been able to get up close so your video was pretty amazing.
You are welcome. Glad that you enjoyed!!
Old December 7th 2014, 04:37 PM
Ubiquitous member

Can I get practical/technical/personal for a moment?

For those of you who stood in line (whether you got in or didn't), how did it work when you needed a drink, some food, had to use the bathroom?

I've never done what you did before. The closest thing to it (for me) was when I lined up at the Irwin Center in Austin back in the early 80s for concert tickets. But I was there only a few hours.
Old December 7th 2014, 04:39 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Eric View Post
Can I get practical/technical/personal for a moment?

For those of you who stood in line (whether you got in or didn't), how did it work when you needed a drink, some food, had to use the bathroom?

I've never done what you did before. The closest thing to it (for me) was when I lined up at the Irwin Center in Austin back in the early 80s for concert tickets. But I was there only a few hours.
You make friends with the people close to you in line. Locals tell you where the closest X is bathroom, Starbucks etc. They hold your place in line.
Old December 7th 2014, 04:43 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
You make friends with the people close to you in line. Locals tell you where the closest X is bathroom, Starbucks etc. They hold your place in line.
I also pace my fluid intake during the day & eat and use the restroom before entry. Once I'm at the rail I don't leave.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old December 7th 2014, 04:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

What a show. I'm loving reading this thread and reliving those moments and all the pre-show anxiety and camaraderie.

My reality-hitting moment was leaning on the stage during that hour wait, rethinking my life ("why hadn't I eaten? Why didn't I sleep? Was not drinking enough water a good idea or not? Is this headache really happenning right now?!") - but then the lights went out and everyone lit up and screamed when the HBO screen came up - and then Dave's voice-over calling my home the "best city in the world!" Everyone went nuts. Another moment for me was of course "I Am A River" and seeing them smile (esp. Nate) as we all sang along. LOUDLY. What a cathartic moment. That washed away all the grime of that cold and wet pavement I tried to sleep on all night, and the IP staff not knowing how to maintain order, and all the people calling us jerks for having foresight (sorry/notsorry) - and it reinforced that feeling of camaraderie I felt reconnecting with friends from all over and meeting a slew of new amazing people. Foo people are crazy but good people.
I can't thank them enough for this show.

Anyone else still recovering?

---
Edit to answer previous Q:
Locate nearest Starbucks, bar, CVS/Walgreens/grocery.
Make friends
Make friends with locals
Join in on conversations (helps pass time)
Pace yourself
Leggings/long johns, extra socks, layers - not bulky items.
Take care of each other, but take care of yourself
Feel free to bring your shit, but if you don't have anywhere to put your shit, don't bring your shit.
IF you need a bag, pocket-wallet or backpacks over totes/shoulder bags.

Last edited by violetcloud : December 7th 2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old December 7th 2014, 04:46 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetcloud View Post
What a show. I'm loving reading this thread and reliving it and all the pre-show anxiety and camaraderie.

My reality-hitting moment was leaning on the stage during that hour wait, rethinking my life ("why hadn't I eaten? Why didn't I sleep? Was not drinking enough water a good idea or not? Is this headache really happenning right now?!") - but then the lights went out and everyone lit up and screamed when the HBO screen came up - and then Dave's voice-over calling my home the "best city in the world!" Everyone went nuts. Another moment for me was of course "I Am A River" and seeing them smile (esp. Nate) as we all sang along. LOUDLY. What a cathartic moment. That washed away all the grime of that cold and wet pavement I tried to sleep on all night, and the IP staff not knowing how to maintain order, and all the people calling us jerks for having foresight (sorry/notsorry) - and it reinforced that feeling of camaraderie I felt reconnecting with friends from all over and meeting a slew of new amazing people. Foo people are crazy but good people.
I can't thank them enough for this show.

Anyone else still recovering?

*raises hand*
Old December 7th 2014, 06:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
had you taken even just 20 minutes to read, even skim this thread, you would've gotten up at 5am and gotten down there, or not tried at all. But you didn't read, didn't look at the venues Facebook page, or Twitter account.
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute failure on others.
Is that how this works now? A band puts out an announcement on their website, you read it and think, "that's probably a lie, let me read through some forum to find out the real story." That's messed up.
Old December 7th 2014, 07:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameCEA View Post
Is that how this works now? A band puts out an announcement on their website, you read it and think, "that's probably a lie, let me read through some forum to find out the real story." That's messed up.
Based upon results, yes.

WBB
Old December 7th 2014, 07:01 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameCEA View Post
If we plan on going to a new restaurant, I Google it, went to Busch Gardens last weekend, Googled it for coupons, I went to NYC two years ago, I Googled MoMA to find out hours and I found out that after 4pm on Fridays, it was free.

There isn't much I don't do some small amount of research on. I wasn't a Boy Scout but I'm always prepared.
Old December 7th 2014, 07:25 PM
This is a blackout...

Hi everyone,

Twenty year FF fan here; but I am shy on fan forums as I had a bad experience with another band forum a few years ago.

Nothing new/valuable to add about the IP CF, but I created an account on the off chance that #42 Jackie will read this.

FWIW and given the shit-uation, I have mad respect for most of this fanbase right now. The majority of Foo fans I interacted that day were the most respectful, down to earth, game-face-on but NOT entitled folk I've met in any of my 'professional concert obsessing' experiences all over the US.

I was online at 1030a Friday morning and missed a wristband by about 50 people (who, as has been stated, weren't necessarily in front of me earlier than the wristband distro, shit happens). But I did everything I could, trying all the other clusterfucked lines after too, social media, craigslist (though I puked a little in my mouth every text I sent to those sellers), and I never left the vicinity all day.

A selfless, thoughtful person, a connection made that day in the first line, led me to Jackie who slept out the night before. Jackie gave me her plus one. She was so awesome, as were her friends, and we were all so emotional and grateful, it was...just such a testament to the best side of humanity. Which, given current NYC (world?) events, is easy to question right now. Thirty hours later and I am still recovering, but concert comas are the greatest gifts. Thanks #42 Jackie. I am eternally grateful - it was one of the most incredible nights of my life. ~ Jen