Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 7th 2014, 07:41 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

Stick around Jen
Old December 7th 2014, 07:58 PM
This is a blackout...

Default Re: NYC Irving Plaza Show - Lineup times, General discussion {threads merged}

^ K

PS/ Clarification: Jackie was remunerated for her courtesy, via her fair and non-profiteering terms.
Old December 7th 2014, 08:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I took my son - we've been going to concerts together since I realized he wanted to (age 10)
We live near NYC, so we get a lot of chances. This was by far the best show I've ever seen (he agrees)
I'm really sorry for those who missed it.
We'll see you at Citi, RFK, and Wrigley.

Thanks Jill!!
You provide a great service - and to think that it's for free...
Old December 7th 2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTbacker View Post
I took my son - we've been going to concerts together since I realized he wanted to (age 10)
We live near NYC, so we get a lot of chances. This was by far the best show I've ever seen (he agrees)

Thanks Jill!!
I'm so happy for you! I wondered what happened to you and your son after you won the contest.
Old December 7th 2014, 09:17 PM
Yo.

A bunch of people asked that I post my video of I am a River to YouTube so I did...Enjoy! http://youtu.be/uZ1xEPWsuAU
Old December 7th 2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
A bunch of people asked that I post my video of I am a River to YouTube so I did...Enjoy! http://youtu.be/uZ1xEPWsuAU
Thanks. It's better than 99.9% of the other concert videos posted there--it's good to have some high-quality ones out there.
Old December 7th 2014, 10:19 PM
The Boss

Oof.

that's all i got.
Old December 7th 2014, 10:44 PM

Ha. I was thinking about Tim on the Ban the Bots presale day. Thinking that even when Jill got frustrated she was still so nice to people. Thinking I wonder what Tim would have done to all the people who bitched?
Old December 8th 2014, 02:25 AM
Da doo doo doo, da dah dah dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensomniac View Post
Hi everyone,

Twenty year FF fan here; but I am shy on fan forums as I had a bad experience with another band forum a few years ago.

Nothing new/valuable to add about the IP CF, but I created an account on the off chance that #42 Jackie will read this.

FWIW and given the shit-uation, I have mad respect for most of this fanbase right now. The majority of Foo fans I interacted that day were the most respectful, down to earth, game-face-on but NOT entitled folk I've met in any of my 'professional concert obsessing' experiences all over the US.

I was online at 1030a Friday morning and missed a wristband by about 50 people (who, as has been stated, weren't necessarily in front of me earlier than the wristband distro, shit happens). But I did everything I could, trying all the other clusterfucked lines after too, social media, craigslist (though I puked a little in my mouth every text I sent to those sellers), and I never left the vicinity all day.

A selfless, thoughtful person, a connection made that day in the first line, led me to Jackie who slept out the night before. Jackie gave me her plus one. She was so awesome, as were her friends, and we were all so emotional and grateful, it was...just such a testament to the best side of humanity. Which, given current NYC (world?) events, is easy to question right now. Thirty hours later and I am still recovering, but concert comas are the greatest gifts. Thanks #42 Jackie. I am eternally grateful - it was one of the most incredible nights of my life. ~ Jen
That.is.awesome.
Old December 8th 2014, 02:28 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTbacker View Post

Thanks Jill!!
Glad you had fun!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old December 8th 2014, 02:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

I'm glad this thread took a turn to the positive. It sounds like an awesome show!
Rochester, NY 7/28/08 l Chicago, IL 8/7/11 l Phoenix, AZ 10/16/11 l Boston, MA 11/16/11 l New Orleans, LA 5/6/12 l New York, NY 9/29/12 l Richmond, VA 9/17/14 l Washington DC 7/4/15 l Boston, MA 7/18/2015 l Boston, MA 7/19/2015
Old December 8th 2014, 06:48 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
The début of I am a River that I shot last night. The ending is the best. Evah.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...27974030053 5

(Sorry I can't get the hyperlink button to work)
That is some seriously bad-ass video there, Thanks for sharing!
Virgin Megastore Times sq. NY 4-25-96, Roseland Ballroom,NY 11-6-97, 3-28-98,Hammerstein Ballroom NY 7-3-03, Madison Square Garden 2-19-08, Ed Sullivan Theater NY " Live on Letterman" 4-12-11, Izod Center NJ 9-26-11, (Sound City Players) Hammerstein Ballroom NY 2-13-13, Ed Sullivan theater NY (HBO Sonic Highways Premiere) 10-14-14, Irving Plaza NY 12-5-14 , Citi Field 7-15-15 , 7-16-15
Old December 8th 2014, 11:13 AM
Ready on your mark

Couldn't win tickets to Irving Plaza? You could blame Louis CK.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old December 8th 2014, 01:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

It's astonishing to me that some people are still complaining.

All that aside, it was a brilliant time, and as many have said in past replies, the camaraderie between people in the line was really fantastic. I can guarantee you all that 90% of the wristbands went to "real fans" (whatever that means). Secondly, sometimes you just can't give up hope. My friend's husband was desperate to go. After we got wristbands he said I don't care if it looks dire, I'm going to board the dog, come down and see what happens. He waited around in the rain while we waited to get in, locked eyes with a woman a couple of people in front of us who had an extra plus one and he made it in with the rest of us. He never doubted that he would get tickets. Sometimes you have to work for it, and if you're lucky enough it'll all work out. Complaining gets you nowhere. We've all been shut out of shows we've wanted to get into before. You can't win them all.
Old December 8th 2014, 06:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Can we note that they tried multiple ways to get tickets in the hands of the fans? We definitely have to appreciate that even though not one was absolutely perfect. I just hope that they take only the best of these ticket policy ideas and run with it. The beat the bots presale event was a hit, as was buying a few days before. If there were a suggestion box, I'd put that in there. Lol

And not to get back into the negative stuff but I just want people to understand: The NYC policy didn't work not because it was initially a bad idea but because it was a perfect storm of fuckery and most of those were ignored (highest populated city and central transit hub for the entire north east, inept and tactless venue staff with their hands tied, day-of distribution, last show, major protest march a block away, apartment and hostel building across the street and out-of-towner fans thinking they can tailgate in the middle of a city... I mean the list goes on).

But in the end, FF staff were magical and found the most fair option given the situation.
Old December 8th 2014, 06:47 PM
Everywhere But Home

annnd the first thing BB says to me at the show "See, no riot"

smh!!!
Old December 8th 2014, 07:52 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

I'm still on fucking cloud 9. Even after a week of long days exploring NYC, long nights of concerts, events, and waiting in the rain.

My feet are wrecked, I'm tired as all hell, and I Just want to be home.

The show Friday is the highlight of my week. Sitting in JFK reflecting on all the people I've met, whose kindness and generosity made my week what it was.

Sending heart eyes to all concerned.
Old December 8th 2014, 08:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Missed the show?

Here is the whole thing, uncut and unedited..

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...6192326/ac9d66
Old December 8th 2014, 08:31 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutsideFoo View Post
Missed the show?

Here is the whole thing, uncut and unedited..

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...6192326/ac9d66
Which broadcast is this, the first live one or the immediate re-broadcast?

EDIT: Ok it's mono, so it's the original broadcast.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : December 8th 2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old December 8th 2014, 09:46 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Which broadcast is this, the first live one or the immediate re-broadcast?

EDIT: Ok it's mono, so it's the original broadcast.

What's the deal with the two files? I see the mp3 and a flac file?