Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd 2016, 12:52 AM
I'm a page torn from a broken spine

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

It was hard to find. I made an alert via eBay app. that let me know anytime something from RFK or 20th Anniversary was posted on eBay. The alerts did get annoying but it worked out in the end. Just a thought.
Old March 2nd 2016, 01:04 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
I'm literally searching everything I can think of to do with it to see if there are any listed.

No go so far
I forgot about this but there's a guy on Facebook that's looking to trade his. I posted my mis-numbered version in the silkscreen group and he commented. I'll send him a PM and see if he still has it.

Old March 2nd 2016, 03:48 PM
Have you found your way around

nice ones. will search them up later.

My ice cream mountain variant turned up today.
Old March 3rd 2016, 02:40 AM
Visiting is pretty...

From the July 4th show, I have the joker and lineup poster. Still looking for the other two
Old March 3rd 2016, 02:40 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattYoung1 View Post
I thought I was done with the 20th Anniversary posters as well. I also scored the RFK Joker poster two weeks back off of eBay! Great find!

thanks and thats awesome you scored one as well. Did you buy the one that was framed?
Old March 4th 2016, 01:06 AM

Nope this one wasn't framed. I paid 100$ for it. No rain damage, which is a plus.. considering the show that day!
Old March 4th 2016, 07:59 PM

its annoying that none of the ones that have previously listed are showing up on the uk ebay site, I'm having to do the searching on the dot com site.

makes it slightly slower but am sure will get one at some point.
Old March 5th 2016, 05:09 PM

Now I just need the Morning Breath Poster from the show at RFK. Keeping my eye open. Let a few go on eBay in the past and kicking myself for it.
Old March 5th 2016, 07:13 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Now I just need the Morning Breath Poster from the show at RFK. Keeping my eye open. Let a few go on eBay in the past and kicking myself for it.
That was the one DC poster I was able to buy while i was there and it was from the DC pop up store. I remember there being a big stack of them at the check out counter. At the time I didn't realize how rare these would eventually become. There were 300 printed but out of all the 2015 tour show posters, I can say I've seen these the least on eBay. I've seen way more joker cards and money shots. My guess is most people held onto these because of the names listed. It's pretty cool when u can say " I was in DC for 4th of July, saw the Foos, the reveal of Dave's throne and oh yeah... This list of other people performed as well" Good times

Last edited by Foo_R_U : March 5th 2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old March 6th 2016, 01:42 AM

Really? Didn't even know these were sold at the Pop Up Shop. I waited in line the first day it opened. The posters hadn't arrived and they took a list of names. I went back in the day of the show and got my Dave poster. That is so awesome. Love that poster. Thanks for sharing!
Old March 8th 2016, 02:22 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Really? Didn't even know these were sold at the Pop Up Shop. I waited in line the first day it opened. The posters hadn't arrived and they took a list of names. I went back in the day of the show and got my Dave poster. That is so awesome. Love that poster. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Thats awesome you were able to get the Dave poster! I went to the pop up shop on Friday, the day before the show. Medium rare was long gone but I got 3 shirts and the RFK lineup poster. At the time, I thought the RFK lineup was the exclusive pop up shop poster considering it was the only one there. Then the next day I saw the Dave poster on ebay and flipped out

Pics from the DC Union Station Pop Up Shop

RFK Lineup poster displayed on the wall in the background

Last edited by Foo_R_U : March 8th 2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old March 10th 2016, 01:21 AM

That is why I didn't return to the pop up shop. I figured the Dave poster was the only one. I checked eBay on my drive back to Michigan from DC and others popped up! Couldn't believe it.

Last edited by MattYoung1 : March 10th 2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old March 11th 2016, 09:50 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
That is why I didn't return to the pop up shop. I figured the Dave poster was the only one. I checked eBay on my drive back to Michigan from DC and others popped up! Couldn't believe it.
Yeah they staggered the releases at each pop-up to help stop the scalpers buying everything at the start. And at many of the gigs they had different posters at different merch tents/sites. You had to be pretty persistent to get everything, and at the start nobody knew either the strategy or the fact there would be two to four posters.

Of course the band could have just printed 2000 of each and said whatever, let's just make the money. But no, they got them artist signed where possible, limited the numbers to make them special, and added that bit of strategy to try and let fans get at least something worth keeping. I know which method I prefer.
Old March 13th 2016, 01:24 AM

I like how they kept most of the scalpers out of the mix by staggering the releases. It is the complete opposite with Pearl Jam posters and merch.

Last edited by MattYoung1 : March 13th 2016 at 05:27 AM.
Old March 15th 2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
That was the one DC poster I was able to buy while i was there and it was from the DC pop up store. I remember there being a big stack of them at the check out counter. At the time I didn't realize how rare these would eventually become. There were 300 printed but out of all the 2015 tour show posters, I can say I've seen these the least on eBay. I've seen way more joker cards and money shots. My guess is most people held onto these because of the names listed. It's pretty cool when u can say " I was in DC for 4th of July, saw the Foos, the reveal of Dave's throne and oh yeah... This list of other people performed as well" Good times

I don't believe Morning Breath ever released an artist edition of this poster, did he?

Last edited by MattYoung1 : March 15th 2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old March 15th 2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I don't believe Morning Breath ever released an artist edition of this poster, did he?
not as far as I'm aware.

the search goes on for the simkins one for me.
Old March 15th 2016, 06:39 PM

I have been keeping an eye on expressobeans website for you.
Old March 16th 2016, 08:48 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
not as far as I'm aware.

the search goes on for the simkins one for me.
I'm on the lookout for you as well. The guy Facebook finally responded back saying he decided to keep it but I'm sure one will pop up on eBay soon.
Old March 17th 2016, 08:21 PM

I would hope so. There was a foil emek (slightly damaged) LA poster (i think it was that gig) on ebay with a buy now of $80, bidding went up to $50 and then someone bought it. Was half interested but really, if I wanted it would have snapped it up as soon as I'd seen it.

Not seen too much of interest though recently.
Old March 17th 2016, 10:15 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
I would hope so. There was a foil emek (slightly damaged) LA poster (i think it was that gig) on ebay with a buy now of $80, bidding went up to $50 and then someone bought it. Was half interested but really, if I wanted it would have snapped it up as soon as I'd seen it.

Not seen too much of interest though recently.
You're correct, it was LA sonic highway foil. Pretty sure it was an AE edition of only 20 because it's signed, numbered, doodled & embossed. I bid $56 on it but reserve wasn't met. The damage was roughly the size of the quarter placed beside it and framing wouldn't cover that unless you didn't care about EMEKs sig, numbering & doodle. I came very close to using buy it now but I couldn't get past the damage.

Side note: That's the same seller that sold me the EMEK wrigley AE foil 20/25. She lives in Portland, Oregon area which is where EMEK is based and she sells EMEK AE foils fairly often. She must have a very nice connection

Last edited by Foo_R_U : March 18th 2016 at 05:30 PM.