Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > FooFighters.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old April 27th 2005, 07:28 PM
Never knowing who to believe

Oh Brian.. really.
As I recall about a year ago someone solicited my advice on a certain project. Professing, and I'm forgetting exact details I'm sure, something along the lines of.. "the utmost respect for Native American culture." How's that going for ya Cinn?

"I'm a big Native-hating racist!" Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl
"I'll remember not to step on your toes again, your highness." Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl

Please do.
Thanks,
-L
Old April 27th 2005, 07:37 PM
Banned

I was bored. I think I'll go eat now...
Old April 27th 2005, 09:18 PM
It's never ending

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Chris:
I have personally run two different boards for the past three years. I'm admin, and I have 3 mods that work for me.

I can't believe the heavy moderating here, though. In the short time I've been here, I've had 3 threads either moved or closed in *very* short order. Rather than take a new user by the hand and politely informing him about where his post should have gone, they were just closed or moved. That's bad moderating. Ed, I know you've run FF sites over the years. Who are these clowns moderating for you?

Obviously the mods here like to play the power game so I'm outta here. What's more, your board software sucks big time, and your hosting is terribly slow.

To complain about vbulletin is ridiculous. It only shows what you know about board software. Example, in the (essentially useless) forum "Public Warnings", Jill could have saved time by not just banning the username(s), but the IP address of the offender, thus preventing them from creating more nicknames and joining the board once again.

Bottom line is, you guys need to lighten up. A lot. If you want to populate this place with under 15 kids, then maybe you're doing the right thing. However, if you want anyone who's half mature to hang out at FF... ease up. Seriously.

I'll be very surprised if I'm not banned and this thread either closed, moved, or most likely deleted by the time I visit again later. It will only prove my points above. I haven't broken any rules by posting this. Just my opinions.

I'm actually a good guy, but I don't (and nobody should) have to put up with high-school silliness.

Cheers.
You're gay. Fuck off.
Old April 27th 2005, 10:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Mods... thanks for the replies. I probably over-reacted, and yeah I posted a couple things to the wrong forums. I guess I may have been quick on the submit. I've since brushed up on the different forums here.

Cheers.
Old April 27th 2005, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Mods... thanks for the replies. I probably over-reacted, and yeah I posted a couple things to the wrong forums. I guess I may have been quick on the submit. I've since brushed up on the different forums here.

Cheers.
But, you're still eeeeevil.
As I recall about a year ago someone solicited my advice on a certain project. Professing, and I'm forgetting exact details I'm sure, something along the lines of.. "the utmost respect for Native American culture." How's that going for ya Cinn?

"I'll remember not to step on your toes again, your highness." Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl

Please do.
Thanks,
-L
Old April 27th 2005, 10:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Ed:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Evil Chris:
I have personally run two different boards for the past three years. I'm admin, and I have 3 mods that work for me.

I can't believe the heavy moderating here, though. In the short time I've been here, I've had 3 threads either moved or closed in *very* short order. Rather than take a new user by the hand and politely informing him about where his post should have gone, they were just closed or moved. That's bad moderating. Ed, I know you've run FF sites over the years. Who are these clowns moderating for you?

Obviously the mods here like to play the power game so I'm outta here. What's more, your board software sucks big time, and your hosting is terribly slow.

To complain about vbulletin is ridiculous. It only shows what you know about board software. Example, in the (essentially useless) forum "Public Warnings", Jill could have saved time by not just banning the username(s), but the IP address of the offender, thus preventing them from creating more nicknames and joining the board once again.

Bottom line is, you guys need to lighten up. A lot. If you want to populate this place with under 15 kids, then maybe you're doing the right thing. However, if you want anyone who's half mature to hang out at FF... ease up. Seriously.

I'll be very surprised if I'm not banned and this thread either closed, moved, or most likely deleted by the time I visit again later. It will only prove my points above. I haven't broken any rules by posting this. Just my opinions.

I'm actually a good guy, but I don't (and nobody should) have to put up with high-school silliness.

Cheers.
You're gay. Fuck off. </font>[/quote]my my... didn't I touch a nerve. LOL
Old April 27th 2005, 10:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

my bad... hehe... thanks for the heads up.
Old April 27th 2005, 10:46 PM
No way back from here

Settle down, Canadian.
Old April 27th 2005, 11:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally posted by Witch:
Settle down, Canadian.
http://www.drawtheline.net/images/neill_steven.jpg

Is this you with Tyler?
Old April 27th 2005, 11:44 PM

Quote:

And now we pause for a brief message from our beloved Sheriff Jilly Biscuit.
*hugs*
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-L

[ 04-27-2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: law0725 ]

Please do.
Thanks,
-L
Old May 7th 2005, 04:00 PM
Handshake and the fuck

haha. smooth, law.

I love this board, the mods do a rather great job. And this thread was a fun read. I kept running out of things to reply with as they were all said but one thing seems to have been missed... Chris... your threads.. were boring...

toodles [img]smile.gif[/img]

WIND UP
Old May 7th 2005, 05:17 PM
No way back from here

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Witch:
Settle down, Canadian.

Is this you with Tyler?
</font>[/quote]Yes. On occaision I like to grow a penis. Just for shits and giggles.