Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 15th 2014, 01:39 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Default Re: Sonic Highways Q&A - All Facts, Comments, Burning Questions & Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Really wish they would do cd singles again,even though if they were just available on the store.
I miss CD singles.

The only thing I really want is for them to sell some of the puzzles through the UK store. I love jigsaws.

Old August 17th 2014, 08:09 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Sonic Highways Q&A - All Facts, Comments, Burning Questions & Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxb View Post
Seriously , the store quotes the Mega bundle wooden box dimensions as 14"x14"x6". Thus, it will loosely fit 9 gate-fold 180gm LP's with ample room to spare....perhaps leaving room for a DVD, other SH promo goodies or even some post album SH vinyl 7" singles
Well it has to be over 12 x 12, but after that we're guessing - simply because that's the EXTERNAL size. If it's padded etc and built into the box lid for example... you might need a Stanley knife to get them in even when it should have been a doddle. I'm with you it looks totally promising - just don't count your eight-shaped chickens

I would LOVE to think there are recordings, live or studio... that will make their way onto 7 inch promo vinyl. I mean 9 albums in one and NO singles? That would be a kick in the (insert place you'd rather not be kicked)

I was there
Old October 21st 2014, 10:34 PM
Always watching, always FUCKING WATCHING

Would someone help me out here...I keep going back and forth between ordering and not ordering all 9 vinyl covers. I already ordered a Mega Bundle, so I'm getting a flag and a puzzle (so the wall decoration is covered).

Why do I want to get all the vinyl covers? Should I? Is a collection of all 9 going to be considered rare in the future? Your guys' thoughts, cuz I just cannot decide.

10.26.02 - Bridge School Benefit
04.18.03 - Universal City
10.28.05 - Oakland
07.14.06 - Berkeley
09.02.06 - Santa Barbara
02.02.08 - Oakland
03.06.08 - Inglewood
06.05.11 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards
02.12.12 - 54th Grammy Awards
01.31.13 - Sound City Players/Premiere
01.10.15 - Dave's Birthday Bash
05.28.17 - BottleRock
10.07.17 - CalJam '17
10.31.17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
12.02.17 - Sacramento
08.26.18 - The Holy Shits
09.12.18 - San Jose
10.06.18 - CalJam '18
Old October 21st 2014, 11:04 PM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
Would someone help me out here...I keep going back and forth between ordering and not ordering all 9 vinyl covers. I already ordered a Mega Bundle, so I'm getting a flag and a puzzle (so the wall decoration is covered).

Why do I want to get all the vinyl covers? Should I? Is a collection of all 9 going to be considered rare in the future? Your guys' thoughts, cuz I just cannot decide.
The vinyl is going to be exactly the same, so the real decision is whether you want to spend $30 each on a picture...

I'm not doing it. Would prefer to spend the bucks on following them to another city to catch a second or third show.
Old October 21st 2014, 11:12 PM
Always watching, always FUCKING WATCHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post
The vinyl is going to be exactly the same.
Exactly. And only because I'm getting the flag AND the puzzle already, I think I'm gonna pass. I have NO idea why it's so tempting though! Haha.

10.26.02 - Bridge School Benefit
04.18.03 - Universal City
10.28.05 - Oakland
07.14.06 - Berkeley
09.02.06 - Santa Barbara
02.02.08 - Oakland
03.06.08 - Inglewood
06.05.11 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards
02.12.12 - 54th Grammy Awards
01.31.13 - Sound City Players/Premiere
01.10.15 - Dave's Birthday Bash
05.28.17 - BottleRock
10.07.17 - CalJam '17
10.31.17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
12.02.17 - Sacramento
08.26.18 - The Holy Shits
09.12.18 - San Jose
10.06.18 - CalJam '18
Old October 21st 2014, 11:17 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
Exactly. And only because I'm getting the flag AND the puzzle already, I think I'm gonna pass. I have NO idea why it's so tempting though! Haha.
Well, I've seen some album covers where the individual parts of it were separated and framed, and they looked pretty cool when put up side by side on the wall.

For example, take someone's use of the U2 album Achtung Baby below. I don't think these were each vinyl editions, but you get the idea...

Album Cover: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...htung_Baby.png

Framed on the Wall:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_tFJ9n1v6aUk/TG...ding%20063.jpg
Old October 22nd 2014, 02:30 AM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

I did it with the 9 singles from RHCP's 'I'm With You' sessions - but that actually came with a wall hanger and looks really cool. But they were only singles, and a fraction of the cost of this.

I'm not saying there's no reason to do it, but it's a lot of cash to splash for a nice wall display if that's your intended use.
Old October 22nd 2014, 08:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

On the value front as far as the future goes, a full set of nine in really nice condition will be worth more than one of nine. How much nobody can say.

The first New Order single Procession came in nine different colours:
http://www.discogs.com/New-Order-Procession/master/3358

What is clear there is that some were definitely rarer than others. The black and red ones can go for crazy money. If they had pressed just one you had it or you didn't but sets like this become collectors items - if you have four you inevitably want the other five, then you may well find one or two or more of them are harder to find, and the price goes up.

Obviously that is a 30 year old set, so time has played a big factor too. You can be sure that you will be able to find them cheaper second hand over the next few years, but unless it's at a record store local to you, shipping will then play a factor as will condition. So if you wanted them all sealed the price will be higher, mint less, don't really care just want the cover - less again etc. If you can get the ones you want together - lower shipping. One by one and it could get pretty expensive. Not saying here the store's shipping price is helping, but right now anyway there is no other option. eBay sellers will probably initially end up able to offer multiple specific sealed copies cheaper than the store though.

For me as a collector it's a no brainer I buy them all and support the band, because one album isn't all the releases and I can't live without having the whole thing. But that's me and I'm not a great example of the average band fan even here when it comes to releases.

But anyway yes there will be value in a whole set. IF they press in any way based on pre-orders, say on the site plus all retail preorders, or even say based those same pre-orders plus "X" units of each, then there will always be a variance and it will show up eventually in the resale price.

All I can say for sure in my head is there will be more Forever covers pressed than anything else, simply because it;s city agnostic and being used by the band already as the common image for stuff - badges, T-Shirts etc. But that alone could make it more valuable simply because it may be the one that everyone that just wants ONE LP wants. Only time is going to tell us how it pans out.

I was there
Old October 23rd 2014, 03:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

And.....................

it's now a moot point. Both stores have STOPPED allowing cover selection as of the last 24 hours. So I imagine they have already set (or met) first press limits on one or more cover variants:

US Store:
** THIS IS A PREORDER ITEM AND WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10th, 2014 **

180 Gram Vinyl in a gatefold sleeve. Vinyl pressed by Pallas

Cover will be randomly selected from the different options or a composite image.
Tracklist

Something From Nothing
The Feast and The Famine
Congregation
What Did I Do?/God As My Witness
Outside
In The Clear
Subterranean
I Am A River

EDIT:
Even on the Mega Set... no cover selection now.

I was there

Last edited by FooZealand : October 23rd 2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old October 23rd 2014, 11:19 AM
The Sidekick

I always thought it was odd that a full image version wasn't already available. Inititally when it very first went on sale I assumed the 'forever' cover was the full cover until I realised it meant the middle piece.

I think you're right, a few months down the line the only copies still available from the factory will be the full images.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old October 25th 2014, 07:06 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Exclamation Re: Sonic Highways Q&A - All Facts, Comments, Burning Questions & Answers

For my Belgian peeps.

You can order the individual covers now from demorgen. 250 each will be pressed. You can choose from ten covers.

https://www.demorgen.be/shop/product...sonic-highways

Sorry guys, only Belgian residents can order.

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old October 29th 2014, 09:38 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Linking in April's reply from the new store on the Mega Box numbers:
http://bbs.foofighters.com/showpost....postcount=5696

"I received an email from customer service about how many mega box sets have been produced and how many are going to be signed by the band.I can kiss the chance of getting a signed one goodbye!

Hi April,
There are 20 that are going to be signed by the band and randomly sent to fans who purchased the mega bundles. Wooden box sets are limited to 2000 worldwide. Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Carly"

I was there
Old October 29th 2014, 09:40 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

20???

Old October 29th 2014, 10:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I always thought it was odd that a full image version wasn't already available. Inititally when it very first went on sale I assumed the 'forever' cover was the full cover until I realised it meant the middle piece.

I think you're right, a few months down the line the only copies still available from the factory will be the full images.
Thought exactly the same thing on the Forever cover as I first looked at the store wording after realising there was a set of nine (for eight cities). When the CD was the full image from the get go it's really actually inevitable that they won't go to the expense long term of repressing all nine covers.

What I'm finding more interesting now is Boy saying there are EU store(s) offering limited selection. I really want to know for sure if it's the same Pallas pressing or if it's being pressed in Germany as well.

I've hedged my bets with a single LP purchase from a big German seller - cheap 20 Euro price and even cheaper 4.50 Euro shipping anywhere in the world. First listing sold out but he has it back up here:
www.ebay.com/itm/381034137717

For me anyway, a cheapish way to at least confirm one way or another and get a start on the next nine if they are din fact different.

I was there
Old October 29th 2014, 10:03 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
20???
Yep - gonna be a heinously expensive exercise getting a rack of nine signed boxes with one LP in each

I was there
Old October 29th 2014, 10:22 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
20???
Hoping Carly picked some random number.😄
Old October 29th 2014, 10:27 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Hoping Carly picked some random number.😄
Hope it wasn't with a dartboard - if she's wrong it could only be lower

I was there
Old October 29th 2014, 10:45 AM
Fooper!

I know next Thursday/Friday we will all be checking emails and retailer accounts for all this different stuff we have all ordered to see if they are preparing for shipment/item sent!
Old October 29th 2014, 11:22 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

I can envision groups of people waiting outside stage doors with these huge boxes in their hands and a sharpie

Old October 29th 2014, 11:31 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
I can envision groups of people waiting outside stage doors with these huge boxes in their hands and a sharpie
Never thought of that! Must buy sharpie...😄