Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old June 17th 2015, 08:41 AM
If it's too loud - you're too old

Default Re: Would there be a chance of reschedule? Even in a year or two?

Sorry to say, but unless they'll find a date within the upcoming months and post that the next few days I doubt they'll make it a reschedule. I think it's rare any "reschedule/postpone" of concerts are done if more than 6-8 months are needed. But hey, you never know - I never heard of any rockband doing a stadium show after the front figure broke his leg, right?

And if they don't reschedule - I'm pretty sure these places will get highest priority on the next European tour. But I do understand there's lots of frustration among those who scored great tickets for these shows...

My guess - from another thread here:

If one read this: http://foofighters.com/operation

From my understanding they have cancelled, not rescheduled or postponed. And for them to honor tickets of course they would really have to reschedule or postpone the existing one. So most likely - it's money back.

Maybe the cancellation status is just because it's hard to find available dates in existing tour that works for both band and stadiums? And I'm guessing some of these places aren't really fit for concerts with fall/winter weather?

But there's a small glimmer of hope in what he continues with after declaring the cancellation:
"We’re doing our best right now to work out a plan, so bear with us. You know we’re good for our word."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Syogk-7E9Q
Old June 17th 2015, 08:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold?

Last edited by howardbeale : June 17th 2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old June 17th 2015, 08:44 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardbeale View Post
Get real?

Well what happens if Gigs and Tours (or other Ticket places) issue information on Friday that card holders will automatically be refunded? It will be a bit late then - I hope we get other options, but we may not.
Yes. Get real. Take your issue up with gigs and tours, not here. If you know ANYTHING about this band, you will know they will do their best for their fans.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old June 17th 2015, 08:45 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
I don't care when, as long as there are. I can wait. Seriously, if replacements are announced I'll be one happy camper!

My wife is going away for the weekend with some mates of her's. We'd arranged for my Mum to have our daughters stay at her's for that weekend.
Now my Mum wants me to go over and stay too. It's going to be irritating as hell, cause she'll ask me if I'm disappointed about it EVERY TEN SECONDS.
It's going to be SO annoying!
Me and the Wife were taking our 18 yr old Daughter and 15 year old Son to their first FF gig on Saturday, having arranged for the 2 youngest kids to stay at my Mum&Dad's. When I broke the news that the gig was off, my youngest 2 piped up and said that didn't mean their weekend had to be cancelled and they were still going to stay at my parents!!!

Funnily enough I had left it late to book a Hotel near the stadium and they were like gold dust before the announcement, there seem to be a few spaces now!
Old June 17th 2015, 08:48 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Last edited by howardbeale : June 17th 2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old June 17th 2015, 09:28 AM
Like, ya know !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
I don't care when, as long as there are. I can wait. Seriously, if replacements are announced I'll be one happy camper!

My wife is going away for the weekend with some mates of her's. We'd arranged for my Mum to have our daughters stay at her's for that weekend.
Now my Mum wants me to go over and stay too. It's going to be irritating as hell, cause she'll ask me if I'm disappointed about it EVERY TEN SECONDS.
It's going to be SO annoying!
Fuck me, have you regressed back to being a 12 year old girl. Get a grip MAN
Old June 17th 2015, 09:33 AM
fightingfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
Dave will need a lot of rehab. I'd say the US tour is in doubt also at present, I can't see anything happening this year. How great though to get a personal statement from Dave as opposed to a generic statement by management that most bands would have done.

And as for the dude with the petition - get real buddy. Wait for the announcement before you start the campaign.

The one thing you know about this band is that:

a) they genuinely care about their fans
b) the love playing live
c) they love the UK

So they will be back. When? Speculation. But they will be.

In Dave we trust.
A F*#KING petition!??? Seriously, you'll never get a FF fan to sign a f*@king petition. Hard core fans know Dave is good for his word and never backs down on a promise. He has brought the very definition of integrity to this business. He has NEVER given fans reason to doubt his intentions or his word. What ever winds up happening, believe me it is MUCH harder on him than any fan. Show some love and send healing thoughts his way…& know that whatever he has to do it's because he HAS to do it…for the long term plans of the band. He knows he can't be short sighted to make a few people happy & possibly end his career early because he didn't take the time to heal. Give love, not threats.
Old June 17th 2015, 09:35 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardbeale View Post
Get real?

Well what happens if Gigs and Tours (or other Ticket places) issue information on Friday that card holders will automatically be refunded? It will be a bit late then - I hope we get other options, but we may not.
Then you will get a refund.I dont want to go through ticket stress again either but nothing to be done if that's the case.
Old June 17th 2015, 09:35 AM
How Do You Do

Cool Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold?

people love making petitions these days

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 17th 2015, 10:03 AM
my tits are also out for Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
people love making petitions these days
I'm going to start a petition to ban petitions. Can I count on your support?
Old June 17th 2015, 10:10 AM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T. View Post
I'm going to start a petition to ban petitions. Can I count on your support?
this is blowing my mind man

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 17th 2015, 10:11 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Last edited by howardbeale : June 20th 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:13 AM
Visiting is pretty...

the below is taken from the Wembley website, so doesnt look good for honouring tickets, F>ck F>ck and Double F>ck I F>cking hate Ticketmaster and really dont want to go through that Sh!t again.

A further announcement will be made on Friday to advise ticket purchasers of the process for refunding of tickets and to report any other available information. Tickets purchasers will be contacted directly where possible and information will also be released on all available channels. Please await that release as the point of purchase will have no further information at this time.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:18 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Hi,

my problem is that I've bought the ticket on Viagogo and for almost double price... I have the tickets now, but how will this work? Will I get back the money (guess only the original price of the ticket). Or somebody else will get it (the guy I've bought the ticket from)
Old June 17th 2015, 10:20 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szigig81 View Post
Hi,

my problem is that I've bought the ticket on Viagogo and for almost double price... I have the tickets now, but how will this work? Will I get back the money (guess only the original price of the ticket). Or somebody else will get it (the guy I've bought the ticket from)
Viagogo should give you a full refund.Email or tweet them?
Old June 17th 2015, 10:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Viagogo should give you a full refund.Email or tweet them?
thanks! But if they reschedule the gig, usually the original tickets is ok right?
Old June 17th 2015, 10:32 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szigig81 View Post
thanks! But if they reschedule the gig, usually the original tickets is ok right?
Usually.See what the announcement is Friday before making any decisions.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:33 AM
I'll Stick Around

I hope they do honor tickets already bought as my first thought is always the people who have bought off a tout. Some touts don't always play ball and yes I know you shouldn't be buying off touts but touts are still around trying to rip off proper fans.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:41 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Threads merged and moved. General talk about injury > Gen Foo, Chatter about gigs specifically > Tour Talk.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:48 AM
Grohl for President!

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Looking at the Foos schedule through Aug to Nov there’s not much time to fit in four cancelled UK stadium shows, that’s if DG is fit enough to carry on in Aug which I’d say is still questionable.

Couple that with the fact that Wembley rarely, if ever, allow concerts during the winter months due to the possible damage to the pitch and the amount of sport that’s played there (from Sept onwards there’s England football matches, NFL matches, rugby World Cup matches, etc) I’d say its almost impossible that the shows will get rescheduled this year. It’ll be next summer IMO….just a case of whether our tickets will be honoured for a show that far away. Sure hope so as I don’t want to go through the stress of trying to get tickets all over again!