Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th 2017, 09:52 AM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Deluxe C&G Package Arrivals

The UK store emailed out last night (to me anyway) about the lack of a bag.

They copy/pasted the one that folk who ordered from the US store got.
Old September 20th 2017, 10:01 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

So the black on black vinyl is coming with some people's deluxe bundles but not others?

Damn, my record is getting less and less exclusive

Old September 20th 2017, 01:38 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
So the black on black vinyl is coming with some people's deluxe bundles but not others?

Damn, my record is getting less and less exclusive
Wonder why the BoB is being sent out as part of the bundle. Did they run out of the standard version? Is it just to say sorry about the lack of flight bag??

I just got the standard version of the vinyl in my bundle. Is it only UK people who are getting the BoB vinyl in the bundle??
Old September 20th 2017, 02:12 PM
Everywhere But Home

OMG i finally just got an email from FF looks like my bundle shipped YESTERDAY and with the camping chair! LOL. UGHGHGGHGHGHGHG it looks like they did finally give me a free digital download.
Old September 20th 2017, 02:19 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Wonder why the BoB is being sent out as part of the bundle. Did they run out of the standard version? Is it just to say sorry about the lack of flight bag??

I just got the standard version of the vinyl in my bundle. Is it only UK people who are getting the BoB vinyl in the bundle??
Many questions! I wouldn't have thought they'd have run out of standard, particularly as the BoB was supposed to be a one run only. Did they print x amount for the Merchbar orders and then another, say 300 for bundles and the pub store/02 merch store? It just seems weird in that sense - it would make marginally more sense if they had both been sold by the store, or both by Merchbar. We know that the BoB has been available in the UK. If it's a sorry for the bags, then I would guess it's a second pressing because we were all getting our shipping emails by the time they were notifying about the bag so the run would have been completed?

Old September 20th 2017, 02:41 PM
Everywhere But Home

US people getting the black vinyl too instead of the reg!
Old September 20th 2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I just got the standard vinyl......my understanding was that the BoB vinyl was a limited item of a single production run which was purchased separately from the bundles but now it appears it is being randomly sent out in the bundle. I don't know how they decided who would get a standard vinyl and who would get the limited edition. Probably totally random
Old September 20th 2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Many questions! I wouldn't have thought they'd have run out of standard, particularly as the BoB was supposed to be a one run only. Did they print x amount for the Merchbar orders and then another, say 300 for bundles and the pub store/02 merch store? It just seems weird in that sense - it would make marginally more sense if they had both been sold by the store, or both by Merchbar. We know that the BoB has been available in the UK. If it's a sorry for the bags, then I would guess it's a second pressing because we were all getting our shipping emails by the time they were notifying about the bag so the run would have been completed?
When the BoB went up for sale it was worded to lead me to believe it was ONLY available through that one outlet, that it was a very limited run and was not available as part of the bundles. I get that makes sense to make it available at pop up stores as a special item but to randomly send out as part of some bundles and not others is a bit galling.
Old September 20th 2017, 04:25 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Ha ha...not quite so "limited edition" then
Old September 20th 2017, 05:46 PM
Everywhere But Home

yes, some getting it in bundle, some not. I didnt end up ordering vinyl bundle i think, cause I ordered cd one. haha first world problems.my friend ordered the black one when the limited came out but she got it too in bundle and now she needs to get a regular vinyl and I may take her other black. now she needs a cd too. could have gotten during the wait. sheesh!
Old September 20th 2017, 07:41 PM
I'll Stick Around

Got my BoB order yesterday and my deluxe bundle today (standard vinyl in mine). Hurricane Irma really delayed all these packages in my area. The dolls took a little bit of pulling to get them out, but they're all intact and look great. I do get the feeling that they shouldn't be handled too much, so best decide how you want them displayed and just leave them like that.

About the BoB, does anyone agree that it doesn't look like the picture they used in the sale? I haven't taken mine out of the wrapper yet, but that original pic really made it seem like it would look like a very thin box set vs a regular sleeve.

For reference: https://www.merchbar.com/rock-altern...and-gold-vinyl
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Little Rock AR
5/20/11 Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Duluth GA
9/21/12 Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 NYE Las Vegas NV
4/25/18 Tampa FL
4/26/18 West Palm Beach FL
4/28/18 Atlanta GA
9/1/18 Seattle WA
5/15/19 New Orleans LA
5/16/19 New Orleans LA
Old September 20th 2017, 09:38 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
About the BoB, does anyone agree that it doesn't look like the picture they used in the sale? I haven't taken mine out of the wrapper yet, but that original pic really made it seem like it would look like a very thin box set vs a regular sleeve.

For reference: https://www.merchbar.com/rock-altern...and-gold-vinyl
I agree. It's not at all what I expected. Also, the etching is described as "unique" but it's the same as the regular vinyl.
Old September 21st 2017, 05:09 AM

I received my bundle yesterday. Everything's fine (even the nesting dolls). The record is the regular one but it doesn't matter since I had also purchased the BoB one (which should arrive today or tomorrow).
Old September 21st 2017, 10:31 AM

mine got picked up yesterday evening from the collection office.

got the normal vinyl, everything is really good quality - the dolls are a bit hard to open as someone else said but look nice... saying that I really have nowhere to put them
Old September 21st 2017, 10:37 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicode70 View Post
Same situation here. I would gladly purchase your leather Journal. please PM.
Someone is selling off their deluxe package in parts - no dolls but most of the rest - here is the journal, bit steep at $55, though accepting offers. And a premium is kinda logical - no other way to buy JUST one part, nor any way to reorder from the store now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332386163388
Old September 21st 2017, 11:07 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
My thoughts:

There will have been ONE BOB pressing. The number will have gone out to the plant at some point to make X copies.

The way the Merchbar orders were shut down in a matter of days (7-10 approx) means it's almost impossible the number sent to the printing plant was based on JUST Merchbar orders - there would have been no time to print the diff covers.

Plus they had to have already had a plan to have them IN the UK for O2 bundles AND Foo Arms merch sales.

SO:

There looks to be no UK pressing vinyl version of BOB - prob then all US pressed and printed. One run done in July/August my guess. Shipped through One Nation channels to Merchbar & ON US & ON UK. On shipped to be ready for Arms & O2 concert pickup.

First announced for Merchbar with a big percentage available. When that percent was gone they closed up the ordering, BUT there were dedicated leftovers that are held for defects etc. IF they had more than enough spares, BUT nowhere near enough to cover ALL those channels AND reopen sales anywhere else, THEN they start to quietly give them away to the dedicated fans at random via their deluxe orders, and are able to do it in BOTH the US and the UK at once...

The main point here is there was one run and done of X copies. It's just like a Record Store Day limited release. 2000, 3000 copies. Doesn't matter how you get one, it doesn't actually make it any less rare because I dont believe there is any possible way these arent all ONE printing - there simply hasn't been time to do more - they are just going out in various ways based on availability and strategy until they are all gone.
Old September 21st 2017, 11:18 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterMC View Post
I agree. It's not at all what I expected. Also, the etching is described as "unique" but it's the same as the regular vinyl.
ONE vinyl pressing with unique etching. SAME vinyl pressing in both editions. DIFFERENT cover making the BOB special.

Crappy wording on Merchbar that simply COPIED the FF store wording on the etching is at fault here. But then they prob got that from One Nation so likely not even their fault.

MB wouldn't even have HAD copies when the sale went live, and quite definitely the artwork showing a thick lustre black cover with hard ridge gatefold seem and shiny gold printing was all an artists mock up.

Which is pretty sad because that looked 10x more awesome than the shipped LP.
Old September 21st 2017, 03:19 PM
keep on Grohling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Someone is selling off their deluxe package in parts - no dolls but most of the rest - here is the journal, bit steep at $55, though accepting offers. And a premium is kinda logical - no other way to buy JUST one part, nor any way to reorder from the store now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332386163388
Thank you for the heads up, but it's way over the price i am willing to pay for it...
03 july 2017 Accord hotel Arena; Paris

instagram: https://instagram.com/Vinycode70/
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/user/Nicode70
Old September 21st 2017, 03:53 PM

Having thought about it I am definitely willing to let the dolls go if anyone is interested in having them? PM me and will work out a fair price for them.
Old September 21st 2017, 04:00 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Having thought about it I am definitely willing to let the dolls go if anyone is interested in having them? PM me and will work out a fair price for them.
Considering the cost of the set and totting up the value of everything, what's a fair price?
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012