Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 20th 2017, 01:08 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Default Re: Uk tour tickets already on resale sites for £300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolittle View Post
I feel if it was Ilegal, the touts will break that law. Alot of money to be made. And they would probably just get a slap on the wrist
Oh they will, for sure. I'm under no illusions that anything will work 100%, they're that determined. But anything that will help to cut it down will help/

Old October 20th 2017, 01:12 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Dave Grohl- please do something about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
It can be done, up to a certain venue size, can be difficult when you have 80,000 people descending on the doorstep.
Yep. U2's done it for two tours in their GA section (which amounts to somewhere in the thousands for each show). I think they've rarely, if ever, check that the ID matches the name on the card.

It can work better for smaller venues, for sure. But if they're not even checking the ID each time for certain acts or shows, then what's the point really?
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old October 20th 2017, 01:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
Oh they will, for sure. I'm under no illusions that anything will work 100%, they're that determined. But anything that will help to cut it down will help/
Yes will be greeted with open doors. Just wish the solution to all this would be done sooner rather than later. Realy feel for people with not alot of money that cant get the tickets to see there favourite bands.

These people that buy and sell tickets are heartless twats.
Milton Keynes Bowl 2011
Reading Festival 2012
Manchester - Old Trafford 2015
Lollapalooza - Berlin 2017
London - o2 Arena 2017
Manchester City Stadium 2018
London Stadium 2018
Reading Festival 2019
Glasgow 2019
Old October 20th 2017, 01:30 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolittle View Post
Yes will be greeted with open doors. Just wish the solution to all this would be done sooner rather than later. Realy feel for people with not alot of money that cant get the tickets to see there favourite bands.

These people that buy and sell tickets are heartless twats.
The only way to hurt them is in their wallets by cancelling the tickets block booked - it really can't be difficult to find large numbers of tickets delivered to PO Boxes, Lockers, or the same building (removing the house number).

If the ID checks can be done it would also help, but I think the previous technique would wipe out the majority of them. Photo ID to match the name of the seller.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old October 20th 2017, 01:38 PM
How Do You Do

'Supply and demand'...touts creating the need for a demand in the first place.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old October 20th 2017, 01:48 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Correct but if nobody ever met the demand the supply would go away. But of course that won't happen because fans desperate to see shows will keep buying the tout tickets, and of course you can't blame them.

That's really the only answer that we the fans can contribute to though. Don't buy tout tickets, they go unsold, eventually they stop buying them.

Won't happen though, as I say.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old October 20th 2017, 01:50 PM
Did it free the feelings in your spine?

Default Re: Dave Grohl- please do something about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveprime2004 View Post
Dave Grohl- YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLEASE! 1. Bought the new album ( retail) no code therefore could not go on pre-sale! 2. been life-long fans and bought EVERY album you've made. 3. been to see you live in the UK previously ( thankfully). 4. Only 2 gigs in the UK?. 5. wanted 4 tickets to celebrate a special birthday 5. went on line at 9am - blocked out by all the touts and re-sellers - no standing tickets available! 6. within 30 minutes tickets for Manchester for sale at c£500! and c£1000 for London on stub hub! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT ALL YOUR GENUINE FANS HERE IN THE UK?
SUGGESTIONS:
1. Make tickets named.
2. Put on more gigs/locations

#foofighters #dgrohldaily #sweetparamania @dgrohldaily @sweetparamania
...I Preordered the new album but as I bought it through Amazon didn't get a presale code. I still managed to get a ticket on Tuesday. By lunchtime the code was floating around on the internet pretty easy to find AND there were still tickets up until the end of the day (I checked, I was considering buying another ticket for the Saturday)

So not having a presale code is no excuse to get antsy, also... mailing list presale? Surely if you're a genuine fan you're on the mailing list for this exact reason?

But I do agree with you on one thing, more needs to be done about touts but i'm pretty certain that's more a management thing than something that Dave Grohl can fix with his magical fingers.
London Stadium - 22/06/2018

Last.fm; lambchop_x
Old October 20th 2017, 01:57 PM
How Do You Do

With tickets to shows like this, people are extremely emotionally attached to the artist that they do get desperate if they can't get a ticket initially, so they're definitely being taken advantage of.

But it's a cycle, how did it begin? Who saw that first opportunity to take advantage of desperate fans?

"Lets snap up as many tickets as possible, it'll be harder for people to buy them so they have no choice but to come to us. It'll pay for my new car!"

Bastards

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old October 20th 2017, 02:01 PM
The Sidekick

Well no doubt, but that's just the way of the world unfortunately. I'm sure it's been the same way since rocks and shells were used as currency.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old October 20th 2017, 04:46 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Angry tickets sales in england

come on guys isnt it about time you did something about the touts and rip off merchants who snap up the tickets befors real fans and then post them for sale minutes later for three times the price.Ticket master are taking the p**** they sold out within minutes and are advertising on their sister site get me in the same tickets at rediculous prices. Please help us real fans who just cant afford to pay the hyped prices of resold tickets.
Old October 20th 2017, 05:17 PM
One of these days I'll chase you down

Default Re: Dave Grohl- please do something about this? (Ticket grievances/tout issues thread

Call me dumb but I thought all tickets were e-tickets that have your name on them and ID needs to be provided?
Old October 20th 2017, 06:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Dave Grohl- please do something about this? (Ticket grievances/tout issues thread

I watched a program months ago on how touts get round the photo id thing including e-tickets, e-tickets same as printed btw. still has the barcode.

Anyway. the tout walks and will q with there customer until they get to the check in, then they show there id for there buyer, the buyer walks thru check in, Then the tout simply walks back out to meet the next person and so on.

There is nothing on the ticket that says the person that purchased the ticket has to go in (watch the gig) This is the loop hole.

like i said before. make tickets like football match tickets. each ticket had your member id.

Its not a bands problem.

Its the whole system, the people above, organizers and ticket company's need to invest. But this means they have to spend time and money. what do they care, they sell all there tickets.
Milton Keynes Bowl 2011
Reading Festival 2012
Manchester - Old Trafford 2015
Lollapalooza - Berlin 2017
London - o2 Arena 2017
Manchester City Stadium 2018
London Stadium 2018
Reading Festival 2019
Glasgow 2019

Last edited by dolittle : October 20th 2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old October 20th 2017, 06:50 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I am sorry but these tickets were still available this afternoon. Most of us had bought ours Tuesday or Wednesday. There were lots available.
Old October 20th 2017, 06:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Also it does not matter that people are asking £300. They probably won't sell at that price. Ultimately if no one buys at enflated prices then the touts will have to sell lower. Until it's made illegal then I don't know what the fuss is all about. A fair majority of people selling at a profit are not professional touts. They are people who will buy an extra ticket to sell and offset the cost of their purchase. I don't see anything wrong in that. Everyone has bought something and sold it for a profit. I do think it's wrong however for ticket agents leaving like ticketmaster to be allowed to sell 3rd party tickets. They probably make more commission on those sales than the original sales. That does stink

Last edited by sunshinewelly : October 20th 2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old October 20th 2017, 06:52 PM
One of these days I'll chase you down

Was there even an option to buy paper tickets from the Gigs & Tours website?
I only saw the option for e-tickets.
Old October 20th 2017, 06:54 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTenToes View Post
Was there even an option to buy paper tickets from the Gigs & Tours website?
I only saw the option for e-tickets.
Seems to be etickets only with gigs and tours. I looked for info on Ticketmaster and it was etickets only there too. Pity. Was hoping for a nice picture ticket the same as Wembley.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old October 20th 2017, 08:42 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTenToes View Post
Call me dumb but I thought all tickets were e-tickets that have your name on them and ID needs to be provided?
no one checks IDs, it's too many people.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old October 20th 2017, 09:08 PM
How Do You Do

http://foofighters.twickets.co.uk/

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old October 21st 2017, 12:47 AM
Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo

Ticket touts are are people you used to see outside of venues many moons ago...
This is corporate deception...
Ticketmaster, viagogo, seatwave etc. AND the promoters are all in on this.
You think your everyday run of the mill tout is capable of buying tickets quicker than you, the genuine fan, are?
It's ticketmaster, gigsandtours, live nation etc that are doing the shady deals with the promoters...
What they're doing is not illegal...
As posted elsewhere - https://youtu.be/WWlnL8drSdw
Old October 21st 2017, 07:47 AM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
It can be done, up to a certain venue size, can be difficult when you have 80,000 people descending on the doorstep.
Plenty of sporting events in the US do credit card only entry for 80,000 capacity stadia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Not at all. There's 60 million people in the UK and 3 shows. Even if every person at each show was different, that's still, what, 200,000 people tops? Once you take out corporate folks and the people who will do multiple shows and there's probably closer to 100,000 different punters. And that's not including people who might come from Europe etc for a show.

I'm not suggesting that touts aren't making the problem worse, but there's a reason this happens with the likes of the Foos and not with the likes of, say, Dropkick Murphys.