Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 31st 2018, 07:23 AM
Fooper!

Default Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Yeah Gate A is right next door. Im thinking they are smart enough to know people in GA dont really want to be holding an arm full of merch so there's less point putting up an entire tent next to them lol.

What's odd is there is nothing for gate D South Stand.

I will be wandering about somewhere after mid day - I suspect the merch tents MAY actually open before 2pm. If they do I have a chance to race back to my motel, otherwise posters are gonna be out even if I see them.
Whatcha buy?!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old January 31st 2018, 07:21 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Whatcha buy?!
I'm forecasting for Saturday

I was there
Old January 31st 2018, 07:26 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo. View Post
It's not even Aus owned any more :
"The number one Australian beer, not owned by, made by nor drunk by Australians... Good Call"

Quote:
Pre-ordered a 6 pack of Foo Town from Cherry for home delivery.
And now have a slab on hold at my local Dan Murphy's

Last night was the first time I watched from a little further back (by the sound tent) rather than the front row.
I always used to assume Shifty's mic was turned down intentionally. Turns out sound is just a bit shit in front of the stage
I also never realised how good the light show is. Only took me 12 shows
If you get to drink them and have a spare empty you are prepared to send across the ditch I'd be very grateful.

I may end up a bit further back than the front myself this time - I have been first 8 rows in all my 13 14 or whatever it is now. I watched a few videos taken from the back where they used a a few different stages of zoom throughout, and it was pretty cool getting to around that level where the whole stage in in view and clear without having to turn your head like you do up front. Im guessing that is probably somewhere around jor a bit in front of the sound tent. Course I will probably end up row 5 as usual

I was there

Last edited by FooZealand : January 31st 2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old January 31st 2018, 07:54 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
I always used to assume Shifty's mic was turned down intentionally. Turns out sound is just a bit shit in front of the stage
I also never realised how good the light show is. Only took me 12 shows
I have always assumed the same with Shifty's mic Then at one show the sound must have been better as I could actually hear his harmonies in Everlong and damn they were good.

I never get to see the light show either - sometimes doing rail is not the best place to be - but saw some photos last week and it looked amazing.
Old January 31st 2018, 10:57 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I finally got merch info Kiwis...

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting in touch.

There will be external merch stands open from 2pm at Gates A, B & C.

Kind regards

Michelle – Auckland Stadiums

More today from TicketMaster - times we all knew but major changes are

*max bag size is 200mm x 200mm x 300mm
*express lane for no bag for GA
*cameras can not have greater than 4cm lense diameter
*100% smoke free venue

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4.00pm - Gates open
5.40pm - Support act, Ayn Randy
6.30pm - Support act, Weezer
8.00pm - Foo Fighters

*Bags must not exceed 200mm x 300mm x 200mm.Strict security measures including wanding, pat downs and full bag searches will be in place. Express lanes will be available for patrons not carrying bags. To avoid delays at the gate, please have bags open and ready for search or if not essential, leave bags at home.

SMOKING
Mt Smart Stadium is a totally SMOKE-FREE zone. Patrons must NOT smoke within Stadium grounds – this includes use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers. If you wish to smoke, you can be scanned out at the gate and scanned back in. Please retain your ticket for re-entry.

UPPER EAST STAND, LOWER EAST STAND & EAST STAND LOUNGE TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate C off Beasley Avenue.

LOWER SOUTH STAND TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate D off Beasley Avenue.

UPPER SOUTH STAND TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate S off Maurice Road.

WEST STAND (COLIN KAY STAND) + CORPORATE SUITE TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate A off Maurice Road.

FIELD GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate F off Maurice Road.

WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TICKET HOLDERS
Enter through Gate B on the west side of the Stadium (adjacent Maurice Road) or Gate C off Beasley Avenue.

I was there
Old January 31st 2018, 11:16 PM
Ready on your mark

Express lanes for no bags is a new one. That really shitted off people who'd been in line from sunrise, the way newcomers strolled right on in ahead of them. The inconsistency between venues' security checks was irritating as well - ie. Brisbane allowing me to hold open my bag and sight approval being enough, as opposed to Sydney requiring me to pull everything out of my bag, then put it all back in again, thus slowing me right down.

Sydney's GA process was an actual clusterfuck - I don't know if anyone's mentioned the issue with the wrong wristbands yet.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old February 1st 2018, 01:42 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Express lanes for no bags is a new one. That really shitted off people who'd been in line from sunrise, the way newcomers strolled right on in ahead of them. The inconsistency between venues' security checks was irritating as well - ie. Brisbane allowing me to hold open my bag and sight approval being enough, as opposed to Sydney requiring me to pull everything out of my bag, then put it all back in again, thus slowing me right down.

Sydney's GA process was an actual clusterfuck - I don't know if anyone's mentioned the issue with the wrong wristbands yet.
That's what i suspected could end up the end result of the fast lane... its not GA now it's GA 1 and GA 2 - and you have to be aware where you are queuing - and they in turn have to split the line into two queues - so you can be sure there's a fuck up just begging to happen there.

I will now go bagless and not take my bum bag in at all - unless I do actual decide screw it Im gonna hang back this time.

And a hard no on the wrong wristband issue - not seen that mentioned anywhere - though to be truly fair I've not been looking that hard at Sydney news as this week has been so busy.

I know in the past I've stood in queues waiting to go through and watched inconsistencies between actual checkers in the way they applied rules - so I definitely treat every venue as unknown. The band can control some things I'm sure, but each venue then applies them and adds more crap.

Still nobody really wants to be blown up....

I was there
Old February 1st 2018, 01:46 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I finally got merch info Kiwis...

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting in touch.

There will be external merch stands open from 2pm at Gates A, B & C.

Kind regards

Michelle – Auckland Stadiums

Hi there

Apologies for the delay - the merch stands outside the venue will open around 2.00pm this Saturday

Kind Regards
Frontier Touring NZ

Well that's that confirmed then lol - same story from both sides of the event. At least it's good to know they are sharing the same information and hey both replied too.

I was there
Old February 1st 2018, 03:07 AM
Ready on your mark

Brisbane continues to be the well-oiled machine when it comes to crowd control and queue management. There were even staff who got on with us so well last time that they got put on to work again for this tour! They clearly explained the process, provided shade, misting fans etc., and gave ample time between security checks and doors opening. That's the city we look forward to each time and it sets the tone for a great night.

Sydney started out promising with a fun head of security named Gina who was helpful to everyone, but then when the doors opened, it was a hot mess. Besides making people empty bags/satchels themselves and then put it all back in again (as opposed to being satisfied with sight checks like Brisbane), they only divided the queues for wanding a few minutes before opening time, then once some people finally reached the barrier, they were turned back because staff had been giving out the wrong wristbands. This turned out being handy for people like me who'd been held back at entry point because it meant I could stroll up to the barrier a little easier, but I felt for everyone else who'd lined up with me just to have that last kick in the guts. Security guys down the front were also on a gross power trip and refusing to hand out water, even after people made complaints. Upper venue staff even tweeted me to say that's not on and barely a minute later, security miraculously found a tank, but it didn't last long. People were collapsing left and right.

Adelaide herded us into specific queues ready for opening, but a few minutes before showtime, staff decided they'd rather only deal with two queues instead - so, of course, some people who'd been there since 5am were moved back as they had to join an existing line. A lot of people made noise about it and the attitude was, "It won't get you inside any faster". Just unnecessarily rude. That said, they did let about six people into their own personal queue because they complained that had 'medical conditions' yet those six people full bolted right for the corner barrier...

Having said all that, it's a venue issue, not a band/management issue. When you do the whole queueing thing numerous times, you expect a certain standard and consistency. Aussie stadiums really can't be new to all this.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com

Last edited by matineeidyll : February 1st 2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old February 1st 2018, 12:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
It's usually the forty-something bogans lit to the gills before they even left the house who are starting shit and hollering for FF to stick to the hits.
100% this! I had some hammered troll next to me yelling to her friend about how her job was going and her weekend plans all the way through Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners at the Brisbane show the other night... We were about 10m from Dave and I swear he could hear her. Embarrassing.

Then he started playing Blackbird, which she recognised and duly started swaying along to. Classic.

I blame Triple M.

- 28/01/2003 Gold Coast Big Day Out
- 28/11/2005 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 01/12/2005 Sydney Superdome
- 03/10/2006 Sydney Opera House
- 29/04/2008 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 27/03/2011 Brisbane Riverstage
- 10/12/2011 Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
- 24/02/2015 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- 25/01/2018 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Old February 1st 2018, 08:48 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
{SNIP} Having said all that, it's a venue issue, not a band/management issue. When you do the whole queueing thing numerous times, you expect a certain standard and consistency. Aussie stadiums really can't be new to all this.
Yeah that was several great sets of decisions making right there. And they totally are venue decisions and we've had at least out share over this side of the Tasman much the same. You'd think they would learn but staff change and the security companies they hire change too. Add rule changes and last minute over reactions and it can get utterly fucked very quickly.

Still - there's nothing surer to spell utter fucking queue catastrophe than...

WEATHER

Auckland rainfall forecast for Saturday 3rd Feb

8am 0.0mm
10am 0.9mm
12pm 4.0mm
2pm 5.5mm
4pm 22.8mm
6pm 7.1mm
8pm 0.0mm
10pm 0.4mm

Oh man - this is gonna be fun! ... and the zeros in there are suspect too - several reports have hourly chance of rain at 80% plus EVERY hour to midnight

And look at the timing of that huge downpour - RIGHT UP TO AND THRU GATES OPEN!

Auckland had up to 40mm of rain yesterday as a tropical cyclone passes NZ. Thankfully we've had bugger all rain all January - so fingers the ground holds up OK and it doesn't become a mud bath.

I was there
Old February 1st 2018, 10:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Is anyone confident of a last minute Auckland Town Hall show?
Auckland Supertop 05-12-05
Sydney Opera House Acoustic 2006
Brisbane Entertainment Centre 29-04-08
Brisbane Entertainment Centre 30-04-08
Auckland Vector Arena 05-05-08
Auckland Vector Arena 06-05-08
Auckland Town Hall 22-03-11
Auckland Western Springs 2012
Christchurch AMI Stadium 18-02-2015
Auckland Mount Smart Stadium 21-02-2015

TCV Wellington and Auckland 2010
Old February 1st 2018, 10:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzprobot View Post
Is anyone confident of a last minute Auckland Town Hall show?
Utterly zero chance of it happening tonight - The Stranglers are playing there.

I very much doubt they will hang about after 6 gigs to play it Monday or Tuesday, they will want to get home before South America.

In my opinion if it was going to happen it would have been last night. And it seems unlikely they will just pop up anywhere else as it wouldn't be the same AND they haven't done any secret gigs in Australia.

And finally I'm pretty sure right now Dave is taking a bit of extra care of his voice - as there's a lot of year left.

I was there
Old February 1st 2018, 11:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Yeah, I agree. There has been longer than normal gaps between shows on this leg.
Auckland Supertop 05-12-05
Sydney Opera House Acoustic 2006
Brisbane Entertainment Centre 29-04-08
Brisbane Entertainment Centre 30-04-08
Auckland Vector Arena 05-05-08
Auckland Vector Arena 06-05-08
Auckland Town Hall 22-03-11
Auckland Western Springs 2012
Christchurch AMI Stadium 18-02-2015
Auckland Mount Smart Stadium 21-02-2015

TCV Wellington and Auckland 2010
Old February 2nd 2018, 07:26 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Yeah that was several great sets of decisions making right there. And they totally are venue decisions and we've had at least out share over this side of the Tasman much the same. You'd think they would learn but staff change and the security companies they hire change too. Add rule changes and last minute over reactions and it can get utterly fucked very quickly.

Still - there's nothing surer to spell utter fucking queue catastrophe than...

WEATHER

Auckland rainfall forecast for Saturday 3rd Feb

8am 0.0mm
10am 0.9mm
12pm 4.0mm
2pm 5.5mm
4pm 22.8mm
6pm 7.1mm
8pm 0.0mm
10pm 0.4mm

Oh man - this is gonna be fun! ... and the zeros in there are suspect too - several reports have hourly chance of rain at 80% plus EVERY hour to midnight

And look at the timing of that huge downpour - RIGHT UP TO AND THRU GATES OPEN!

Auckland had up to 40mm of rain yesterday as a tropical cyclone passes NZ. Thankfully we've had bugger all rain all January - so fingers the ground holds up OK and it doesn't become a mud bath.
Just bought emergency poncho (plus two spares for other early arrivals), one square meal bars and water from the warehouse. Preparing for a mammoth day waiting tomorrow!
Old February 3rd 2018, 01:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Cool Re: Australia & New Zealand Tour 2018

My boyfriend and I are really excited about today's concert as we just arrived to New Zealand from Colombia and are celebrating our anniversary with the Foo Fighters concert! Fuck yeah!!!
Old February 3rd 2018, 04:27 PM

Auckland gig review (kinda): Auckland was an amazing gig, albeit a wet one, with it pissing down the whole night! I queued from 9am and was 7th at the gate - others were there from 5am! When they finally let us onto the ground, I sprinted and made it to the corner barrier spot on the right - so lucky! Punk band, Ayn Randy, were fun and really appreciated by the crowd. Weezer were in fine form, with lots of fans in the mosh pit.

When Dave and the boys came on, we were cold and soaking wet, but they kept us pretty warm most of the night. It was one of those gigs where both the crowd and the band just went “fuck the rain, let’s go nuts!” Out of the 6 times I’ve seen the band, I rate it the best gig, closely followed by the 2008 Auckland concert where Dave face planted the stage during Monkey Wrench.

It was a good set list, and thankfully Dave ditched playing Blackbird in favour of keeping us warmer. I’d made a sign requesting Wattershed as an encore song, and wrote on the sign that they’ve never played it in NZ (thank Simon’s website for that bit of info) - I held the sign up at the start of These Days and saw Dave mouth “oh, really?!” (in the middle of singing the verse!) about it, and I was certain they were gonna do it, but no luck - we got Wheels again, which was a bit of a let down - Wattershed would have made us way warmer, but I guess they haven’t played it since the Cheese and Grain gig, so it would have been a bit rough in front of 40,000 (especially with a lot of first-timers there). The gap before the encore dragged on waaay too long, and we got pretty cold waiting.

Highlights for the night? - The whole band and crowd having a great night, especially Taylor - he was smashing it. Getting to hear Chris sing Under My Wheels, Detroit Rock City with Rivers was awesome and seeing him and Chris playing lead side by side was great. I was pleased to see Let It Die back in, which Dave dedicated to us old school fans. Sunday Rain, with Dave changing the lyrics to “Saturday Rain”, much to Pat’s amusement (I’ll try to post video of that today). Only down points for me was Wheels, mostly because I was certain Dave was going to play Wattershed, and after the gig having Yeti throw me a drumstick directly, after I called his name out, only to have some young fucker snatch it out of my hand and bolt away with it - but I guess it’s a battle in the mosh pit. Overall, it was fantastic night.

Last edited by Rockhoundnz : February 3rd 2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old February 3rd 2018, 05:17 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhoundnz View Post
Auckland gig review (kinda): Auckland was an amazing gig, albeit a wet one, with it pissing down the whole night! I queued from 9am and was 7th at the gate - others were there from 5am! When they finally let us onto the ground, I sprinted and made it to the corner barrier spot on the right - so lucky! Punk band, Ayn Randy, were fun and really appreciated by the crowd. Weezer were in fine form, with lots of fans in the mosh pit.

When Dave and the boys came on, we were cold and soaking wet, but they kept us pretty warm most of the night. It was one of those gigs where both the crowd and the band just went “fuck the rain, let’s go nuts!” Out of the 6 times I’ve seen the band, I rate it the best gig, closely followed by the 2008 Auckland concert where Dave face planted the stage during Monkey Wrench.

It was a good set list, and thankfully Dave ditched playing Blackbird in favour of keeping us warmer. I’d made a sign requesting Wattershed as an encore song, and wrote on the sign that they’ve never played it in NZ (thank Simon’s website for that bit of info) - I held the sign up at the start of These Days and saw Dave mouth “oh, really?!” (in the middle of singing the verse!) about it, and I was certain they were gonna do it, but no luck - we got Wheels again, which was a bit of a let down - Wattershed would have made us way warmer, but I guess they haven’t played it since the Cheese and Grain gig, so it would have been a bit rough in front of 40,000 (especially with a lot of first-timers there). The gap before the encore dragged on waaay too long, and we got pretty cold waiting.

Highlights for the night? - The whole band and crowd having a great night, especially Taylor - he was smashing it. Getting to hear Chris sing Under My Wheels, Detroit Rock City with Rivers was awesome and seeing him and Chris playing lead side by side was great. I was pleased to see Let It Die back in, which Dave dedicated to us old school fans. Sunday Rain, with Dave changing the lyrics to “Saturday Rain”, much to Pat’s amusement (I’ll try to post video of that today). Only down points for me was Wheels, mostly because I was certain Dave was going to play Wattershed, and after the gig having Yeti throw me a drumstick directly, after I called his name out, only to have some young fucker snatch it out of my hand and bolt away with it - but I guess it’s a battle in the mosh pit. Overall, it was fantastic night.
Sadly I've seen that happen so many times - I'm so fed up with all that shit that I don't even wait around for the road crew to hand out stuff anymore.

Glad you had a great time despite the rain and you got a bit of Duran Duran so I hear.....awesome!!!
Old February 3rd 2018, 07:26 PM

Sunday Rain (Saturday Rain) - https://youtu.be/gCQcSRABl18
Old February 3rd 2018, 07:59 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Sadly I've seen that happen so many times - I'm so fed up with all that shit that I don't even wait around for the road crew to hand out stuff anymore.

Glad you had a great time despite the rain and you got a bit of Duran Duran so I hear.....awesome!!!
Unfortunately I’m too short to catch shit at shows! Everyone else seems to be able to catch stuff apart from me!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012