Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd 2012, 02:11 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Pretty sure this a complete Million $ Demo minus vox

Anyone pretending having a full length song out of this demo is a fu***ng liar. Period.

I asked to every single people who was saying something like "yeah i've got full songs of it lololz" on Youtube, Facebook, tons of forums (including this postboard), and NO ONE EVER answered me in months.

I give up my quest of finding this rare stuff, it's just not out there (yet), that's all !

Last edited by Pierre26 : May 2nd 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old May 2nd 2012, 02:12 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Yeah there is a Come Back clip, it's not as common as the others. It was mostly the intro from what I remember.
Yeah it had a little bit of verse too.

If you want to hear the million dollar recording of "The One" it can be heard from 38:30(ish) mins right here: http://www.novamov.com/video/4deab0f516341

it sounds like midi drums (possibly if they were protooling it?) The lyrics are a little mixed up and the harmonies are louder in the mix in the chorus.

Interesting to hear. I remember watching the movie thinking it sounded weird some time ago so thought i'd look it up. Have you made any contact with the guy claiming to have them earlier in this thread?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -

Last edited by Kevthedrummer : May 2nd 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 2nd 2012, 02:24 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre26 View Post
Anyone pretending having a full length song out of this demo is a fu***ng liar. Period.

I asked to every single people who was saying something like "yeah i've got full songs of it lololz" on Youtube, Facebook, tons of forums (including this postboard), and NO ONE EVER answered me in months.

I give up my quest of finding this rare stuff, it's just not out there (yet), that's all !
Just because nobody answered you doesn't mean they don't have it, it usually means they can't share it with you. I know for a fact some of it is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
Yeah it had a little bit of verse too.

If you want to hear the million dollar recording of "The One" it can be heard from 38:30(ish) mins right here: http://www.novamov.com/video/4deab0f516341

it sounds like midi drums (possibly if they were protooling it?) The lyrics are a little mixed up and the harmonies are louder in the mix in the chorus.

Interesting to hear. I remember watching the movie thinking it sounded weird some time ago so thought i'd look it up. Have you made any contact with the guy claiming to have them earlier in this thread?
Interesting, never watched the movie before. As far as I know the released version of 'The One' is from the very first session 1x1 session and is technically already a MDD, so this version must be an early unfinished version from that first session. I think the mixed up lyrics are edited to match the scene though, rather than being like that originally.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 2nd 2012, 03:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Pierre..

Choose one of the songs, and a part of the song which has not been released in any way and i will prove you wrong with a 10 second clip
Old May 2nd 2012, 03:15 PM
Visiting is pretty...

but as Studmore said, don't expect me to send you the full versions because I and I expect anyone else that has them is under strict instruction not to.
Old May 2nd 2012, 03:48 PM
The Boss

Yeah, I'd leak it myself if there was any remote way I could get away with it.

I've heard of 3 people (assuming Percy isn't one of them and I just don't remember em) having it independent of each other, a few people getting a handful of the songs from one of those sources and a few people that got the full thing.

I wish it would get out but I can't really condone or encourage that, for reasons I should hope would be obvious.

Oh and there is no "million dollar demo" version of The One. The slight variation of it in the movie is the work of the film's music editor solely for the film itself. It might've been pre-mastering (though I doubt it) but the track the band sent the film's producers is what's on the soundtrack/the single/the unreleased version of One By One.
Old May 2nd 2012, 03:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm actually smashing my head on my keyboard after reading the last 2 posts of you guys...

Last edited by Pierre26 : May 2nd 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 2nd 2012, 04:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

You are probably right mate, and apologies
I did come on trying to find some info on them on the sly but I'll personally shut up about it now!
Old May 2nd 2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post

I've heard of 3 people (assuming Percy isn't one of them and I just don't remember em) having it independent of each other, a few people getting a handful of the songs from one of those sources and a few people that got the full thing.

I wish it would get out but I can't really condone or encourage that, for reasons I should hope would be obvious.

Oh and there is no "million dollar demo" version of The One. The slight variation of it in the movie is the work of the film's music editor solely for the film itself. It might've been pre-mastering (though I doubt it) but the track the band sent the film's producers is what's on the soundtrack/the single/the unreleased version of One By One.
Did you watch the clip 38:30 mins in on this? http://www.novamov.com/video/4deab0f516341 - you can't tell me that is the same version of the song? Even the way Dave sings the melody is slightly different if the lines were swapped in edit...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old May 2nd 2012, 04:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

I love this board! We are so nerdy... Dave is right! We're discussing the MDD like they were the Basement Tapes! (rest in peace, Levon.) I'm surprised they never got bootlegged in full. Its good that the people who have them have kept them from going allover the place, save for You Tube clips.

It would be cool to have a box set with this stuff, if even a couple or tracks only. Critics always hate box sets. They think they are overdone for diehard fanboys. It's true! So if we get a box set with the MDD inside we better get all the other goodies too! lol... six cd's sounds about right..
Actually my fave box set is the Crosby Stills and Nash one. It's all singles, album tracks, alternate versions, unreleased songs, and solo and duo stuff all together in chronological order. That is the best way to do it IMO.
It could the greatest hits, best album tracks, choice b-sides, and demos all in order with detailed liner notes decorated with unreleased photos. Sounds good to me!
Old May 2nd 2012, 07:21 PM
The Boss

Those clips actually came because someone at the record label fucked up, not from a bootlegger. A common practice was to flood napster-like sites with bad downloads...clips, loops etc

It was never a bootlegger, it was the record label and whoever was doing it just made em from the wrong disc
Old May 3rd 2012, 02:00 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Interesting, never watched the movie before. As far as I know the released version of 'The One' is from the very first session 1x1 session and is technically already a MDD, so this version must be an early unfinished version from that first session. I think the mixed up lyrics are edited to match the scene though, rather than being like that originally.
I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but I distinctly remember the opening lines being "One more time for old time sake, everyone makes one mistake." The lines can't be inverted from the original, or else the verse vocal melody would be messed up. I'd thought the production sounded a bit different, too, but I can't remember for sure, it's been so long.

EDIT: I tried to check out Kev's link, but it won't work on the computer I'm using right now.

Last edited by OldFooFan : May 3rd 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old May 3rd 2012, 06:21 AM
Between the handshake and the f***

I'm just happy to know that someone claims to have a copy of the Million Dollar Demos, so I still have the chance to hear them before I die!

I used to visit this board when RCA leaked those clips, loved the songs and was so disappointed with the final mix in the album. Those fuzzy guitars, loud vocals and flat drums just ruined the album for me!

I remeber listening a different mix of All my Life in the "digital street team" site, with a slight different intro and reverb in the chorus. I still have it somewhere. It was sort of "half-million dollar demo".

A private message would make my day.
Old May 3rd 2012, 01:55 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mime View Post
Hey guys, I have something you don't.

Oh, no, you can't have it, lol.

But I have something you don't, just so you know.

... So damn annoying. It'd be better if the people who say they have it just didn't say anything at all.
Too farken right.

All these end up getting released in the end anyway, so why not just share them now, rather than wait till the Foos fade away before sharing "10 seconds".

People's own Illuminati groups (rolls eyes).
Old May 3rd 2012, 02:00 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callimnate View Post
Too farken right.

All these end up getting released in the end anyway, so why not just share them now, rather than wait till the Foos fade away before sharing "10 seconds".

People's own Illuminati groups (rolls eyes).
It's about respecting the band, if they don't want them leaking it would be rude, as a fan, to do that. Although I agree with Mimes point, that's why I don't post about all the rare shit I'm hoarding.

Joking, of course.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 3rd 2012, 06:29 PM
Never knowing who to believe

I saw it Studley - even before I clicked on it (just to confirm).

stu.

Officially the first of the 86,000 into Wembley Stadium - Saturday 7th June 2008

Member of FFPB 5-a-side Championship title winning side - Hyde Park - 8th June 2008

Winner of FFPB Penalty shoot-out - Hyde Park - 8th June 2008
Old May 3rd 2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
that's why I don't post about all the rare shit I'm hoarding.
I was about to laugh about this, then I saw it. haha, Touche.

Last edited by scotty_31 : May 3rd 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old May 3rd 2012, 09:40 PM
The Sidekick

But was it a double bluff?

It wasn't. I've got diddly squat.

--
Old May 4th 2012, 08:07 PM

Haha, subliminal messages. I would never use them myself...

ASSRAPE ME!

edit ... damn, that didn't work too well - what did i do wrong?
Old May 4th 2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Wow, great info to know that it is even out there, even if by a few. You know what that means, you can leak it & get away w/ it by claiming it was one of the other select few...