Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th 2017, 12:38 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Cool Where has this forum been?

I've been a fan since 2005 (don't blame me, I was in HS at the time)

And I've never had an avenue to interact much with may other Foo fans. Outside of Reddit which I frequent on a daily basis.

Anyways. It's nice to be here. I'll be bookmarking this page.

I've collected quite a few Foo items in my day and will be sure to post them here ever so often.

I also shared this link recently via the reddit page and I thought I'd share it here also so you guys know that I'm really a fan. It was from this past weekend's trip to CalJam and a few pics I snapped in the museum.... *edit* looks like I can't share the link because I'm new so maybe some other day but I titled it "A few things from the FF museum i enjoyed" on the FF subreddit if anyone is curious.

Oh! And can I meet the Foo Fighters? lol jk. I read that disclaimer. I know that meeting them is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if you're going to meet Dave or anyone from the band you better be at the right place at the right time.
Old October 11th 2017, 12:54 AM
The finder of things...

Default Re: Where has this forum been?

Hey there. I'm new around these parts myself although it's only recently I became a big fan.
Old October 11th 2017, 03:29 AM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Hope you enjoyed CalJam - I was there and had a great time. Dave was out and about in the grounds on Friday night - for me that definitely was being in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to the post board!!
Old October 11th 2017, 08:19 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Hello
Old October 11th 2017, 08:52 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder_Cheddar View Post
I've been a fan since 2005 (don't blame me, I was in HS at the time)

And I've never had an avenue to interact much with may other Foo fans. Outside of Reddit which I frequent on a daily basis.

Anyways. It's nice to be here. I'll be bookmarking this page.

I've collected quite a few Foo items in my day and will be sure to post them here ever so often.

I also shared this link recently via the reddit page and I thought I'd share it here also so you guys know that I'm really a fan. It was from this past weekend's trip to CalJam and a few pics I snapped in the museum.... *edit* looks like I can't share the link because I'm new so maybe some other day but I titled it "A few things from the FF museum i enjoyed" on the FF subreddit if anyone is curious.

Oh! And can I meet the Foo Fighters? lol jk. I read that disclaimer. I know that meeting them is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if you're going to meet Dave or anyone from the band you better be at the right place at the right time.

Eddie Vedder -> Eder Cheddar -> Eat A Cheddar -> Foo Cheese Riders...

I'm liking this new user rather a lot

Welcome

NB:20 posts I believe and the linking bullshit goes away - it's there to stop robot Vedders highjacking the Foo Fighters

Last edited by FooZealand : October 11th 2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old October 11th 2017, 08:54 AM
The Sidekick

Forum has been waiting here for you, Everlong.

Welcome!

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old October 11th 2017, 10:11 AM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Forum has been waiting here for you, Everlong.

Welcome!
Groan.

Welcome, cheeseman.
Old October 11th 2017, 02:07 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Welcome I am kind of in the same boat as you made an account on the forum a few years back but there isn't always an obvious link on the Foos official site so I just kinda forgot about it and am just now really interacting
Old October 11th 2017, 06:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Eddie Vedder -> Eder Cheddar -> Eat A Cheddar -> Foo Cheese Riders...

I'm liking this new user rather a lot

Welcome

NB:20 posts I believe and the linking bullshit goes away - it's there to stop robot Vedders highjacking the Foo Fighters
Thanks for the info! I'll make sure to work my way to the 20 mark. And I lol'd at the Eddie Vedder comment. I get that quite a bit with my name.
Old October 11th 2017, 07:44 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Dave was out and about in the grounds on Friday night - for me that definitely was being in the right place at the right time
Tell me more!
Old October 11th 2017, 08:08 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Tell me more!
I don't want to speak for someone else but he was out and about taking photos with fans on Friday.

The premise of CalJam was people were able to camp on Friday night and check out a few bands at night. Dave just so happened to be wandering around like some wise sage with a funny straw hat checking out the bands as well.

I wish I could post links (SOON!) but there is an Instagram account called "foofighterstream" that does a VERY good job at finding fan uploaded pics and videos and shares them via there.

If you look a little bit you can spot people who ran into a wild Dave Grohl wandering the fairgrounds on Friday night and the day of the festival.

Last edited by Eder_Cheddar : October 11th 2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old October 11th 2017, 08:37 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyzyl View Post
Welcome I am kind of in the same boat as you made an account on the forum a few years back but there isn't always an obvious link on the Foos official site so I just kinda forgot about it and am just now really interacting
I’m pretty sure there wasn’t even a link to here on the website for a loooong time.

Quote:
I don't want to speak for someone else but he was out and about taking photos with fans on Friday.

The premise of CalJam was people were able to camp on Friday night and check out a few bands at night. Dave just so happened to be wandering around like some wise sage with a funny straw hat checking out the bands as well.

I wish I could post links (SOON!) but there is an Instagram account called "foofighterstream" that does a VERY good job at finding fan uploaded pics and videos and shares them via there.

If you look a little but you can spot people who ran into a wild Dave Grohl wandering the fairgrounds on Friday night and the day of the festival.
Here ya go http://instagram.com/foofightersteam
Old October 11th 2017, 11:00 PM
Ready on your mark

It was weird because the band pays for the forum but for a good while, unless you knew it was here or Googled, it was sort of tucked away in a corner. Maybe part it was the rise of social media and the way that that became the main platform for communication and fan chat, but this forum's still got its place and its charm, I reckon
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old October 12th 2017, 12:37 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
It was weird because the band pays for the forum but for a good while, unless you knew it was here or Googled, it was sort of tucked away in a corner. Maybe part it was the rise of social media and the way that that became the main platform for communication and fan chat, but this forum's still got its place and its charm, I reckon
Yeah it's weird. If it weren't for the fact that I was looking for something in the store I would have never guessed this forum existed.

I saw a post from the moderator and some guy e-mailing her his resume, so I would think that the mods just want to avoid any avenue of the rabid fans out there.

So luckily I found this place and have another avenue to discuss all things Foo Fighters.
Old October 12th 2017, 01:52 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
I saw a post from the moderator and some guy e-mailing her his resume, so I would think that the mods just want to avoid any avenue of the rabid fans out there.
If you look at some of our join dates in our headers you'll see some of us have been here for a long time, while rabid senseless fans are annoying and the disclaimer threads address this, this postboard was more forgotten than hidden on purpose, it's still up because there's people using it but it's not a lot and doesn't serve the band as much as social media, for a long time there wasn't even a link on the official website, we had to access this place through its dedicated url.

new people discover it on every new album cycle but the ones who stay are mostly the old timers, new people will naturally go to newer formats, this board BBS system is the same for over 10 years, it's counter intuitive, dated but the people are worth it.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old October 12th 2017, 10:33 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe. View Post
new people discover it on every new album cycle but the ones who stay are mostly the old timers, new people will naturally go to newer formats, this board BBS system is the same for over 10 years, it's counter intuitive, dated but the people are worth it.
Let's face it - many of us are in our 40's and probably even older. My Space and other wow sites have come and gone in the time the board has existed in various formats. And I read this thing for something close to ten years before I even joined. Right now for instance I see 69 viewing the general thread alone and only 12 members online on the whole board. As you say it deff has its place.
Old October 12th 2017, 11:38 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe. View Post
If you look at some of our join dates in our headers you'll see some of us have been here for a long time, while rabid senseless fans are annoying and the disclaimer threads address this, this postboard was more forgotten than hidden on purpose, it's still up because there's people using it but it's not a lot and doesn't serve the band as much as social media, for a long time there wasn't even a link on the official website, we had to access this place through its dedicated url.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Let's face it - many of us are in our 40's and probably even older. My Space and other wow sites have come and gone in the time the board has existed in various formats. And I read this thing for something close to ten years before I even joined. Right now for instance I see 69 viewing the general thread alone and only 12 members online on the whole board. As you say it deff has its place.
I can see how every album would attract newer fans. I'm really not a rabid fan. Again, I've been a full-fledged fan since 2005 (shit. Where does time go) but before that loved their hits. I've seen the Foos/Dave several times over.

I'm just here to enjoy and absorb anything about the Foos that I wouldn't normally now about. i.e. A thread post about Chris Shiflett and his take on the new album, etc.

And yeah, this forum does have a very old look and feel to it. I'm no stranger to forums that look like this. I'm not here to talk directly to Dave or anyone closely associated to him.

I really just wanna partake in a different avenue that I haven't in the past.

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can.
Old October 13th 2017, 09:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I can see how every album would attract newer fans. I'm really not a rabid fan. Again, I've been a full-fledged fan since 2005 (shit. Where does time go) but before that loved their hits. I've seen the Foos/Dave several times over.

I'm just here to enjoy and absorb anything about the Foos that I wouldn't normally now about. i.e. A thread post about Chris Shiflett and his take on the new album, etc.

And yeah, this forum does have a very old look and feel to it. I'm no stranger to forums that look like this. I'm not here to talk directly to Dave or anyone closely associated to him.

I really just wanna partake in a different avenue that I haven't in the past.

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can.
Nothing to "not mind you " over - more like not mind us lol - people like me are pretty stuck in our ways, habits and resources. It's almost a thing to watch the band (same age as me) evolve and use new shit to remind myself how it's important to keep learning and following younger people as well as knowing.

Check out the Pocketwatch edits too if you haven't already - that's where all this (Dave moving on from Nirvana) really started.
http://forum.foofighters.com/showpos...9&postcount=74
Old October 13th 2017, 04:27 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Hey there! Welcome.
Old October 18th 2017, 12:26 PM
Have you found your way around

Good for you that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Hope you enjoyed CalJam - I was there and had a great time. Dave was out and about in the grounds on Friday night - for me that definitely was being in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to the post board!!
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2012
Milwaukee, WI Wasting Light Tour 2012
Cubby Bear, Sonic Highways Chicago, 2014
Indianapolis, Sonic Highways IN 2015
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2017
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2