Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd 2019, 10:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Thank You Ian!

Some of you may know me form a couple of shows on the East Coast of the USA. Long story short, I had met Ian at a show at the 930 club in DC, spoke to him about my dad who I had be reconnecting with at the time (through music), he gave me his cell number telling me to text him next time I attended a show. Fast forward to the show in Richmond at the National and a dear friend gives me two tickets. I take my dad (in his late 80s at the timer). When we got there we saw Ian at load in. I took dad over and introduced them. They spent the next 1 to 2 hours talking about Europe, history, WWII, and really seemed to enjoy having a conversation with each other. Ian was very kind to spend so much time out of his busy tour day to talk with dad.

This past July dad passed away at 92 years old. A few weeks later I sent a text to Ian to thank him for that memory. Today I got a text from him telling me that it was his honor to spend that time with dad and a pleasure to speak with him.

Ian is a great guy and I will always be in his debt for the memory he gave me.

If you ever read this, thank you very much sir.
Old September 25th 2019, 02:24 PM
Everywhere But Home

Default Re: Thank You Ian!

That is a great story! Ian is the best! I love him.

And I was at that 9:30 club show too. (actually all of the FF and FF related 9:30 club shows for the past 19 years lol)
Old September 25th 2019, 03:20 PM
The Sidekick

Ian Beveridge is who David is referring to, for those not aware. He's been working alongside Dave as a live monitor engineer since the Nirvana days, came over to Foo Fighters with him and has been there ever since. Top bloke.

Dave has referenced him a few times on stage, one show in 2005 he sang "Ian B is tasty, Ian B is good, when he drinks he turns into the Jekyll monster" as replacement lyrics in 'This Is A Call'.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old September 25th 2019, 07:44 PM
Never knowing who to believe

*deletes text to Melly*

But nice story.
Old September 25th 2019, 07:51 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
*deletes text to Melly*

But nice story.
Oh, sure, message HER....
Old September 26th 2019, 05:38 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Oh, sure, message HER....
I don't want her to get the impression I am messaging/using you to get to the cats.
Old October 2nd 2019, 08:55 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
Some of you may know me form a couple of shows on the East Coast of the USA. Long story short, I had met Ian at a show at the 930 club in DC, spoke to him about my dad who I had be reconnecting with at the time (through music), he gave me his cell number telling me to text him next time I attended a show. Fast forward to the show in Richmond at the National and a dear friend gives me two tickets. I take my dad (in his late 80s at the timer). When we got there we saw Ian at load in. I took dad over and introduced them. They spent the next 1 to 2 hours talking about Europe, history, WWII, and really seemed to enjoy having a conversation with each other. Ian was very kind to spend so much spanish dictionary time out of his busy tour day to talk with dad.

This past July dad passed away at 92 years old. A few weeks later I sent a text to Ian to thank him for that memory. Today I got a text from him telling me that it was his honor to spend that time with dad and a pleasure to speak with him.

Ian is a great guy and I will always be in his debt for the memory he gave me.

If you ever read this, thank you very much sir.
That is a great story!