Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 22nd 2018, 06:47 PM
Navy Chief, Navy Pride

Smile Question for Photographers

Hi all!

Foo Fighters is coming to blow the roof off Little Caesar's Arena on Oct 15th. Already have tickets, so this isn't an ask for that.

As photographers, who did you start with when contacting people at the venue to gain permission to take pics with your gear? I know a few people that work there, but no-one seems to be able to point me in the right direction so far.

I'm not looking to get paid, just looking to take some kick ass photos. I'm not a pro (yet), just an old Senior Chief looking to have fun with the wife and a couple of friends at the show. If I can take pics on something other than an iPhone, even better. Not looking to bring in a ton of gear. I'm using a Canon 80D, 18-135 USM and a 100-400 for lenses.

Here's a link to my SumgMug album, if you're interested in how I'm learning photography n stuff :-)
https://leesmith.smugmug.com/

Thanks, and have a great day!

Lee

Last edited by Lee Smith : September 22nd 2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added link
Old September 22nd 2018, 07:33 PM
Team Pat

Default Re: Question for Photographers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Smith View Post
Hi all!

Foo Fighters is coming to blow the roof off Little Caesar's Arena on Oct 15th. Already have tickets, so this isn't an ask for that.

As photographers, who did you start with when contacting people at the venue to gain permission to take pics with your gear? I know a few people that work there, but no-one seems to be able to point me in the right direction so far.

I'm not looking to get paid, just looking to take some kick ass photos. I'm not a pro (yet), just an old Senior Chief looking to have fun with the wife and a couple of friends at the show. If I can take pics on something other than an iPhone, even better. Not looking to bring in a ton of gear. I'm using a Canon 80D, 18-135 USM and a 100-400 for lenses.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Lee
Can't help you there, but I know some people take in cameras without detachable lenses and take amazing pics. I'm happy with my pics from a Samsung S9+ on the rail. Normally they only let photogs in for the first 3 songs.

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul

Upcoming:
2/2/19 Atlanta
2/15/19 New Orleans
2/16/19 New Orleans
5/17/19 Sonic Temple Festival
Old September 22nd 2018, 08:34 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Default Re: Question for Photographers

You will need a press pass to take photos from the photography pit and usually you will need to be working for a media outlet or be a freelance photographer - itís not usual for venues to allow photography from the photo pit for personal use unless they know the band personally.

I regularly shoot my photos from the rail but as Disbet points out you cannot use a camera with detachable lens so I invested in a very good compact camera for this purpose.

Hope that helps and have fun at the show.