Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:36 PM
Disbet's Avatar
Disbet Disbet is offline
Team Pat
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Middle of nowhere, Indiana
Posts: 713
Default Memphis and Nashville

Who all is going to Memphis and Nashville?
__________________

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
2019 Atlanta

Upcoming:
5/15/19 New Orleans
5/16/19 New Orleans
5/19/19 Sonic Temple Festival
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 4th 2018, 01:17 AM
Tourettes2400's Avatar
Tourettes2400 Tourettes2400 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 46
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Nashville tomorrow night! I can't wait! The reschedule kind of disappointed me so I haven't been very excited about it until this week. But I am ready now!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 5th 2018, 07:00 AM
Disbet's Avatar
Disbet Disbet is offline
Team Pat
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Middle of nowhere, Indiana
Posts: 713
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourettes2400 View Post
Nashville tomorrow night! I can't wait! The reschedule kind of disappointed me so I haven't been very excited about it until this week. But I am ready now!
The show tonight was awesome! Lil Fonzie was great too.

Time to recuperate after this week now.
__________________

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
2019 Atlanta

Upcoming:
5/15/19 New Orleans
5/16/19 New Orleans
5/19/19 Sonic Temple Festival
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 6th 2018, 06:18 PM
Angiey1974 Angiey1974 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

I loved the concert in Nashville!!! The Foo Fighters rocked the hell out of The Bridgestone Arena. Lil Fonzie was awesome. Let's see if one day he plays for Rush as Dave Grohl says!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 7th 2018, 09:42 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,211
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiey1974 View Post
I loved the concert in Nashville!!! The Foo Fighters rocked the hell out of The Bridgestone Arena. Lil Fonzie was awesome. Let's see if one day he plays for Rush as Dave Grohl says!
Little Fonzie spoiled the show - the '1 minute' Dave gave him turned into over 5 and Taylor couldn't get him to get off the kit. The father had no respect for the band - despite Shifty and Rami asking the father to wind things up he continued to wander all over the stage recording on his phone.

Because of this Shifty's cover of Under My Wheels got cut and Dave was so fed up he has said no more fans on stage to jam with the band.

Having been to 8 foo shows in 3 weeks I could see how it sucked the atmosphere from the show.....and it sucked.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 7th 2018, 09:58 PM
Disbet's Avatar
Disbet Disbet is offline
Team Pat
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Middle of nowhere, Indiana
Posts: 713
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Little Fonzie spoiled the show - the '1 minute' Dave gave him turned into over 5 and Taylor couldn't get him to get off the kit. The father had no respect for the band - despite Shifty and Rami asking the father to wind things up he continued to wander all over the stage recording on his phone.

Because of this Shifty's cover of Under My Wheels got cut and Dave was so fed up he has said no more fans on stage to jam with the band.

Having been to 8 foo shows in 3 weeks I could see how it sucked the atmosphere from the show.....and it sucked.
Yeah. He was really good drummer for the first minute or two, then it dragged on. And why did no one stop him from approaching Dave afterward? It seemed like the kid wanted to play guitar too. At first, I thought it was great. But, now that it's been a few days and I've rewatched the videos, I'm kind of pissed about it. I really like Shifty singing, and the dad disrespected everyone there. After the show, they were hanging out at the entrance acting like celebrities too.

I'm ok with not seeing fans on stage. It seems like it's almost every show lately. I know it was 2 out of 3 last week. I'm there to see the Foo. I'd much rather have White Limo, Let it Die or Enough Space with the screen down as opposed to fans on stage.
__________________

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
2019 Atlanta

Upcoming:
5/15/19 New Orleans
5/16/19 New Orleans
5/19/19 Sonic Temple Festival
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 7th 2018, 10:11 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,211
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbet View Post
Yeah. He was really good drummer for the first minute or two, then it dragged on. And why did no one stop him from approaching Dave afterward? It seemed like the kid wanted to play guitar too. At first, I thought it was great. But, now that it's been a few days and I've rewatched the videos, I'm kind of pissed about it. I really like Shifty singing, and the dad disrespected everyone there. After the show, they were hanging out at the entrance acting like celebrities too.

I'm ok with not seeing fans on stage. It seems like it's almost every show lately. I know it was 2 out of 3 last week. I'm there to see the Foo. I'd much rather have White Limo, Let it Die or Enough Space with the screen down as opposed to fans on stage.
Yes - the kid wanted to play guitar too. You could tell Dave was pissed because he didn't ask the kids name. To be fair it was probably wasn't the kids fault - I'm sure he had been coached by his father on what to do - but it totally ruined the flow and vibe of the show. I saw so many signs asking to play drums/guitar that I'm glad Dave doesn't want to do it any more.....I pay to see Foo not some random ass person.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 7th 2018, 10:23 PM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 8,885
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbet View Post
Yeah. He was really good drummer for the first minute or two, then it dragged on. And why did no one stop him from approaching Dave afterward? It seemed like the kid wanted to play guitar too. At first, I thought it was great. But, now that it's been a few days and I've rewatched the videos, I'm kind of pissed about it. I really like Shifty singing, and the dad disrespected everyone there. After the show, they were hanging out at the entrance acting like celebrities too.

I'm ok with not seeing fans on stage. It seems like it's almost every show lately. I know it was 2 out of 3 last week. I'm there to see the Foo. I'd much rather have White Limo, Let it Die or Enough Space with the screen down as opposed to fans on stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Yes - the kid wanted to play guitar too. You could tell Dave was pissed because he didn't ask the kids name. To be fair it was probably wasn't the kids fault - I'm sure he had been coached by his father on what to do - but it totally ruined the flow and vibe of the show. I saw so many signs asking to play drums/guitar that I'm glad Dave doesn't want to do it any more.....I pay to see Foo not some random ass person.
Amen!

I thought I was the only one. I even hate sing-alongs that go on for too long. I spend a fortune travelling across Europe to see Foos. FOOS that is.
__________________
I don't even have any good skills.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 7th 2018, 10:26 PM
matineeidyll's Avatar
matineeidyll matineeidyll is offline
Ready on your mark
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

See, I said this and got cussed out because every man and his dog wants to take a sign now. What ought to be a special, unique experience is no longer so if it happens at every show and becomes an expected 'audience participation' part of the set. They're not a Vegas cabaret act.
__________________
"I've always been a slob. But you can be a slob with style." - Pat Smear

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.