Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 9th 2011, 01:25 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Sydney Tonight! 8/12

Took my 2 sons to their first of what will turn out to be many Foo Fighters concerts, they loved it, and so did I. The sound was a bit muffled when Dave was talking but you'd expect that when 47,000 people are all screaming back at him. Sorry to hear about the people who got hurt in the mosh and had sounds issues at the back. Good to see fellow Newcastle travellers at the F3 maccas at 1am Best rock show on earth, support acts only added to the great show, very entertaining, Thank you Foo Fighters.
Old December 9th 2011, 01:26 AM
Grave Rohl

I'm with Lara on this one. I just won't go to Sydney unless its exceptional circumstances.
Old December 9th 2011, 01:59 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo. View Post
I'm with Lara on this one. I just won't go to Sydney unless its exceptional circumstances.
If it wasn't my closest capital city I would say 'fuck it' as well. Some of the guys here are just douchebags. They don't give a damn about anyone except themselves and some of them go out of their way to push in and try to hurt you to get you to move. I've seen this behaviour at much smaller shows too so it's not just arena/stadium behaviour.

Lucky for me I can take a beating. I won't ever give those bastards the satisfaction of kicking me out of the mosh, even though I'll admit I came close last night. Once I got pushed so hard I ended up on the barrier I knew I'd be ok though.

A big FUCK YOU to Sydney guys who don't give a shit. A big THANK YOU to the guys in Melbourne who do.

P.S. Melbourne security was the best, then Adelaide, then Sydney.
Mine URL | BookFace | Tumblr | Last.fm
Old December 9th 2011, 02:04 AM
Grave Rohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by modtang View Post

P.S. Melbourne security was the best, then Adelaide, then Sydney.
That guy in Melbourne was the greatest security I've ever, ever had at any show ever.
Old December 9th 2011, 02:08 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo. View Post
That guy in Melbourne was the greatest security I've ever, ever had at any show ever.
I've never had anyone look out for me like that, and I've never been hugged by a security guard before. They were called ACG Security. I feel like writing them a letter and telling them how great their guys were.
Old December 9th 2011, 02:19 AM
Grave Rohl

I'm pretty sure his reg number was 020. I think I might just do that
Old December 9th 2011, 02:36 AM
Visiting is pretty...

The point is you shouldnt have to put up with this shit.Some dickhead pushed my misses in the back last night.She can also stand up for herself but what low life piece of shit picks on a woman.? Luckily for him I didnt see it..

Fortunately I explained that any repeat of his actions would mean him leaving immediately via an "unorthodox" exit,which did the trick.Wasnt so interested in pushing me,funnily enough.!!

I,ve just had it with Sydney crowds.Either drunk and over excited morons,or souless posers who just want to sit on their arses for 2+ hours..I just dont get it..

Maybe next time I,ll shout the family a trip to Melbourne and go and see the Foo,s amongst real rock fans..
Old December 9th 2011, 03:01 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo,ed Off View Post
Maybe next time I,ll shout the family a trip to Melbourne and go and see the Foo,s amongst real rock fans..
You won't regret that. The shows were still rough but not "Hey, let's push and punch people for fun" rough like it was in Sydney.
Old December 9th 2011, 06:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I think some people will never be happy, they will always find something to complain about.
I was in bay 34 in the 3rd row. Sound was good. I have heard them sound better but still no complaints.
The only thing to complain about is that it will be about 3 years until they are back again.
Old December 9th 2011, 07:48 AM
I'll Stick Around

*Thanks myself for choosing to sell the Sydney ticket and went to Adelaide instead*

There will be idiots at every concert, but you all seemed to have got the lot of them in one hit.
The only consellation I can give myself is that I found a rail and hung on to it for all 3 shows I went to. I was not in the thick of things, I was on the edge, but I did see some shoving and stuff from where I was.
So all you Sydneysiders will have to come to Melbourne next time, and see how we have fun. (Even the tram ride back was hilarious. Sardines in a can).
Old December 9th 2011, 11:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

WOW its hard to believe I was at the same concert! Honestly I dont feel like we had such bad seats anymore. The sound was amazing where we were, up high in the stands on the left hand side just offline to the stage. Most around us were fantastic and having fun. Not many wanted to stand up and there were a few issues with people getting annoyed but there were heaps around us on crutches with broken legs, ankles, knees, including my husband. Everyone was helping each other get up and down the stairs and having a laugh. A couple left early in front of us so I was able to step down into their seats and stand up for a dance as hubby was happy to peer around me. The couple behind us, the bloke had a broken ankle so it was the right thing to do to sit down but I was jigging and singing up a storm. The drunks were a pain and several times fell across us and would come down and just stand in front of us so we couldnt see. I was pissed off with the continuous stream of people coming up and down for drinks cause we couldnt stand up. But then the idiot who tried to start a mosh pit of his own in the stands...bloody nora! That aside...my heart and soul was in it and I went along for the ride with the band. The view of the crowd was amazing and from what I could see they were moving! There was some wild moshing going down....wouldn't have survived that so glad to be crusty and forty something and in the shitty seats...but not so shitty seats as it seems now! Sorry to hear the disappointment but I was utterly blown away! Maybe I am just too easy to please... or just besotted!
Old December 10th 2011, 06:02 AM
Visiting is pretty...

All these people going up the front then complaining about getting knocked around in the mosh pit seems a bit of a lame whinge. What'd you expect It didn't look any different to any other Foo's gig I've been to anywhere else in the world since 1998. If you can't handle it the move back out of the way.

I for one was in GA on the LHS near the runway about 2/3 of the way between the stage and the sound tent and everyone was really cool and looking out for each other when a couple of the surges (which happen in every city) came through.

Sound was great too but I imagine it would have been terrible in the cheap seats but then again they are the cheap seats for a reason!
Old December 10th 2011, 02:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Well said re GA ^ However it wasn't the cheap seats that had the sound problem the speakers in the back far right corner (of stage) were delayed and sometimes muffled in sound. They were not in sync with the speakers up the front. It was terrible, especially at These Days, when it was most obvious. I wanted to beat the sound engineers silly for not checking/noticing. Maybe they couldn't do anything about it by then. Who knows.

Other than the sound issue the show was brilliant as always. Tenacious D, were awesome, love the music, however I did cover my sons ears for one or two..of their songs, he sung along to kickapoo, which is not all that clean either Clean it up alittle Jack!

Dave Grohl is a ** Rock Legend, can't wait till they 'come back' and play 'Aurora'.