Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 25th 2018, 04:29 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default How to buy Ticket Legitimately???

Wanted to vent my frustrations. I logged on to Ticketmaster exactly at 11am, when the tickets went on sale to the general public, to purchase tickets to the Little Cesars Arena show in Detroit on 10/15/18. The best available seats were nose bleeds 20 rows up. How is this possible???? Sick of these scam websites buying all the tickets its not right and should be illegal. How do you even buy seats anymore unless they are an e-ticket and god knows who the hell it is coming from and if its even legitmate

I know the band turned away ticket holders in London and I agree with their policy, however when you cannot even obtain tickets legitimately how do you even go to the show?
Old January 25th 2018, 04:33 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: How to buy Ticket Legitimately???

I'm seeing solid lower level seats near the stage pop up for the St. Paul gig via their venue presale now, which is the second one overall.

From my prior experience, sometimes it pays to be patient with these and keep up with all the sales to see what comes up. It varies, but decent options are usually there each time.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old January 25th 2018, 04:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I feel you. Was on, locked and loaded for today's Detroit onsale. Page loaded just fine, and everything was pretty much gone.

I went to StubHub, etc. and tickets in the lower are going for upwards of $400.
Old January 25th 2018, 04:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I found some other sites like:
www.foofighterstour.com
and
http://littlecaesars.arenadetroit.co...hoCjlkQAvD_BwE

I just dont know if these are legit? Prices are better than stubhub but again they are E-Tickets and not sure who they are registered under and if they will be accepted based on the Foo Fighters ticket policy they exercised in London.
Old January 25th 2018, 04:57 PM

The UK policy is different from the US shows unless the venue or band explicitly said something for it. As for those other sites, I would suggest trying the general sale through the Ticketmaster site, or whoever the official ticket handler is, on Friday to see if something better pops up then, if you didn't have luck in the fan newsletter or venue presales.
Old January 25th 2018, 05:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I had no trouble for Kansas city great seats right next to stage!
Old January 25th 2018, 07:48 PM
The Boss

There is an art to online sales. For seats it is a little more difficult especially if you are buying for multiple people. General Admission is a little easier if you look for singles.

For seats, you need to be patient. A lot of people will hold tickets and them let them go or their sale is cancelled for some reason and tickets come back online. You usually need to be patient and keep trying.

Places like StubHub and more reputable as far as third party sellers and I know Ticketmaster is in on the game too if you can't find tickets. A lot of people will not be able to go and try and sell them here and also on some of the Facebook places but buyer beware. I'm sorry you didn't get tickets during the General Sale.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old January 26th 2018, 01:28 AM
Visiting is pretty...

You really must be joking. An art? Maybe if the sale was legit in the first place.

This was a flat-out scam. Have you seen the Twitter feed? Ticketmaster froze in error as soon as tickets went on sale; when it came up a couple minutes later, everything was gone. Some art. Some coincidence. Joe and Jane General Public never had a chance at those tickets.

Is there seriously nothing you can do to prevent this?

Enjoy the sellout with a half empty arena.
Old January 26th 2018, 01:55 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlizardking View Post
You really must be joking. An art? Maybe if the sale was legit in the first place.

This was a flat-out scam. Have you seen the Twitter feed? Ticketmaster froze in error as soon as tickets went on sale; when it came up a couple minutes later, everything was gone. Some art. Some coincidence. Joe and Jane General Public never had a chance at those tickets.

Is there seriously nothing you can do to prevent this?

Enjoy the sellout with a half empty arena.
The capacity of the arena is around 15,000 depending on configuration. The state of Michigan has a population of almost 10 million. Now obviously I don't know how many of those are Foo Fans, but I'd wager a lot more than 15,000. Not to mention the people in neighbouring states.

Yes, scalpers got some of the tickets but Joe and Jane public got most of them. It's just there were far more Joe's and Jane's than there were tickets. There aren't 7500 scalper tickets, more like a few hundred.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old January 26th 2018, 02:34 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The capacity of the arena is around 15,000 depending on configuration. The state of Michigan has a population of almost 10 million. Now obviously I don't know how many of those are Foo Fans, but I'd wager a lot more than 15,000. Not to mention the people in neighbouring states.

Yes, scalpers got some of the tickets but Joe and Jane public got most of them. It's just there were far more Joe's and Jane's than there were tickets. There aren't 7500 scalper tickets, more like a few hundred.
Exactly - more people wanting tickets than there are tickets. I got tickets and a lot of people I know got tickets - yes the scalpers probably got some but us regular people got the majority. There is no scam.

And Jill is right there is kind of an art to it - the TM system/site is pretty poor and it does take quite a bit of patience to get tickets - I must have pressed refresh a hundred times before I managed to pull up a GA ticket.

And as to all those tickets on resale sites - some of those are just 'speculative' tickets as in there isn't actually a ticket to sell but if someone 'buys' it the seller is committed to getting you a ticket. I'm really not sure how that can be allowed - to sell something that you don't actually have - but there are several resale tickets with that statement.

If I were to buy from resale I would always go for instant download so that you know you have the ticket.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : January 26th 2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old January 26th 2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Exactly - more people wanting tickets than there are tickets.

But the TM system/site is pretty poor and it does take quite a bit of patience to get tickets - I must have pressed refresh a hundred times before I managed to pull up a GA ticket.
Right on. The sheer demand is going to be there in any case. This isn’t some indie pop band trying to sell out First Avenue or the 930 Club. If it were, I think most people would be happy with whatever they got and have it come up pretty much right away.

The TM site is indeed a bit of a mess at times. But like Jill said, you kind of find out over time that there is a sort of art to trying it for yourself. On top of that, a lot of it is probably going to involve a bit of luck too. Anyone who goes in thinking they can just refresh at 10 am on the dot and have their tickets come up right away… well, that’s just not going to be the case most of the time for the bigger bands (although the Verified Fan thing has given me something close to that for those types of acts in recent times). Sometimes it’s going to involve a lot of refreshing, trying the mobile app or doing a second/third tab if it’s allowed. If you get shut out or nothing comes up, you might try closing the browser and reopening it so it goes back to the original screen. And if you’re trying for seats, it’s always possible something better might pop up later too, whether in the same sale when another batch is released or someone releases those tickets from their cart, or in the venue and general sales. Either way, you’re playing the odds each time and it’s better to go in thinking what your best and worst choices would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
And as to all those tickets on resale sites - some of those are just 'speculative' tickets as in there isn't actually a ticket to sell but if someone 'buys' it the seller is committed to getting you a ticket. I'm really not sure how that can be allowed - to sell something that you don't actually have - but there are several resale tickets with that statement.

If I were to buy from resale I would always go for instant download so that you know you have the ticket.
There are ways to go about the secondary market without breaking the bank. The only thing I’d recommend from prior experience is to be smart about it. In the recent past, I’ve only used two websites… the Ticketmaster reseller’s website or StubHub. I’ve never had a bad experience with either where a ticket didn’t go through, and StubHub evens offers some sort of phone number in case something goes wrong at the venue.

I also wouldn’t bother buying a ticket right away. Like you said, a lot of the listings are speculative unless they’re already in hand via PDF. Some tickets also probably have a pretty healthy mark-up on them in hopes that they can make more if a few people aren’t patient enough.

My suggestion: wait a bit and bookmark the show(s) on the TM site or StubHub that you want to go to. Then keep going back every other day or few and see what’s listed for what you’re interested in. The prices can fluctuate… and a lot of times, you’ll even find a ticket below or at sale price from someone who’s not able to go or just trying to get rid of one and get most of their money back. I’ve lucked into a few situations where a ticket popped up at a good price for GA or a decent seat, and I sometimes even paid a fraction of the sale price (not always, but it has happened) or something within that range, give or take a few dollars.

Then if you’re really patient or doing something last minute, keep an eye on the regular Ticketmaster page for the show or StubHub in the days or hours leading up to a show. There are usually “ticket drops” of some sort where the venue releases some tickets they held onto at the last minute, some of which can actually be very good seats or a few GAs. Most people on StubHub will also be lowering their prices in the days leading up to a show as well. Plus, if you actually live in the city and have access to a printer, you can pretty much watch StubHub or the TM resller’s site like a hawk in the hours before a show until something comes down in a price range you’re comfortable with.

So yeah, it takes a little work, but can be worth it if you know what you want and what you're willing to settle for. I know some people would rather buy tickets for a higher price right away so they don't have to worry about the trouble later, and I understand that too since I've been there. But I can also say that I've also never really regretted waiting, sometimes even until the day or week of a show, to find a decent deal for secondary tickets. It can be done if you play your cards right.

Last edited by trevgreg : January 26th 2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old January 26th 2018, 07:29 PM
The Boss

lol, half sold out. OK then. What Poppy and Simon said. Poppy is a show GURU and travels all the damn time to see this band. If you don't listen to me, definitely listen to her.

The band does tour because they want you to buy tickets, really. They aren't trying to work with the ticket agencies to fuck you over. Dave wouldn't put up with that shit.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old October 8th 2018, 10:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

LOL Re: How to buy Ticket Legitimately???

After traveling to Milwaukee (from St. Augustine, FL ) last summer to see RHCP at Summerfest, I have to say that I got really lucky the day of the show and managed to snag a 13th row seat so close Flea could have spit on me, it PAYS TO WAIT!!! And yes, I am traveling again from Florida to the last show at Excel Energy in St. Paul MN-because it's the last place I saw them and I didn't want to go to an all-day outdoor fiasco closer to home. Plus, I'm 63 and like staying in hotels and sleeping indoors and enjoying the trip and the show. And I want GA tickets! Fuck that sitting down crap! It's Foo Fighters, not Tony Orlando & Dawn, FFS!!!I'll be the purple haired woman in the pit!
Old October 9th 2018, 12:37 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammilee View Post
After traveling to Milwaukee (from St. Augustine, FL ) last summer to see RHCP at Summerfest, I have to say that I got really lucky the day of the show and managed to snag a 13th row seat so close Flea could have spit on me, it PAYS TO WAIT!!! And yes, I am traveling again from Florida to the last show at Excel Energy in St. Paul MN-because it's the last place I saw them and I didn't want to go to an all-day outdoor fiasco closer to home. Plus, I'm 63 and like staying in hotels and sleeping indoors and enjoying the trip and the show. And I want GA tickets! Fuck that sitting down crap! It's Foo Fighters, not Tony Orlando & Dawn, FFS!!!I'll be the purple haired woman in the pit!
“Tony Orlando and Dawn” that’s a solid take,LOL
Old October 9th 2018, 10:58 AM
Right down the drain I go…

Gotta press refresh when its saying sold out