Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 26th 2011, 04:40 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Open letter to Foo Fighters, LollapaloozaBr, Producers and Sponsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Oh dear. Yeah, the whole point of an open letter is you post it openly and let whoever see's it, read it. If you directly send it to someone it's not really an open letter anymore.
I know, Stud; But I send it to Gus directly because I just wanted his opinion on the subject. I do not want him to make something happen. we all know that he does not have that power. Relax.
Old November 26th 2011, 04:43 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Open letter to Foo Fighters, LollapaloozaBr, Producers and Sponsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
let's be grateful and have a great show, shall we?
OF COURSE!!! That was always the spirit. We'll give them the best show of this tour. And you will participate by reading and spreading our flash-mobs.
Old November 26th 2011, 04:54 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Silva View Post
boo hoo. I just send in a NOT offensive act. He's smart enough to read or not the letter. You people always make a lot of case where there isn't. Many even before reading jumped to conclusions and many media outlets and fans understand the real reason for the letter. Some still can not see and I understand.Even Gus. I forgive them.

Felipe: Read the letter again. I'm sure you don't understood either.
like Simon said: an open letter is not an open letter anymore when you actually send it to the people you want to reach. you want to be taken seriously? fair enough, do it right then, drop the "open letter" thing and be honest about it. you will not be taken seriously if you do it wrong and with a really badly written text, both on fact check and grammar. there's nothing to do with understanding it or not, the whole attitude is just plain wrong. you guys like to do that, to be the first on everything and just rush it all regardless of revision or just simple thinking over things. Gus' reaction just proves my point, he's angry at your completely wrong behaviour and you will be just arrogant to say that a professional working with some of the greatest bands in the business, probably longer than you even dreamed about learning to speak is wrong at his reaction. he knows what he sees, he knows how to respond accordingly and I'm truly sorry but I trust a well lived professional a lot more than a fan that doesn't know what he's doing.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old November 26th 2011, 05:18 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
like Simon said: an open letter is not an open letter anymore when you actually send it to the people you want to reach. you want to be taken seriously? fair enough, do it right then, drop the "open letter" thing and be honest about it. you will not be taken seriously if you do it wrong and with a really badly written text, both on fact check and grammar. there's nothing to do with understanding it or not, the whole attitude is just plain wrong. you guys like to do that, to be the first on everything and just rush it all regardless of revision or just simple thinking over things. Gus' reaction just proves my point, he's angry at your completely wrong behaviour and you will be just arrogant to say that a professional working with some of the greatest bands in the business, probably longer than you even dreamed about learning to speak is wrong at his reaction. he knows what he sees, he knows how to respond accordingly and I'm truly sorry but I trust a well lived professional a lot more than a fan that doesn't know what he's doing.
You can trust who you want. The letter was made and anyone can read it, understandin or not. About Gus reaction. I totally understand, because I see how he was and is plagued by fans every single day. I respect his attitude. I was never against or snapped. Since you follow me, I will inform you as soon as I saw your answer, I replied apologetically that the tweet was somewhat rude. I have no problem in recognizing a mistake, my friend.
Old November 26th 2011, 05:22 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
You can trust who you want. The letter was made and anyone can read it, understandin or not. About Gus reaction. I totally understand, because I see how he was and is plagued by fans every single day. I respect his attitude. I was never against or snapped. Since you follow me, I will inform you as soon as I saw your answer, I replied apologetically that the tweet was somewhat rude. I have no problem in recognizing a mistake, my friend.
already made my point, take it as you wish, I'll just ignore this subject from now on, buy my ticket when it becomes available and enjoy the show I waited the most in my entire life.

just for the record, I do not follow you, I found your tweet when trying to find out why Gus said that.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old November 26th 2011, 05:26 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
already made my point, take it as you wish, I'll just ignore this subject from now on, buy my ticket when it becomes available and enjoy the show I waited the most in my entire life.

just for the record, I do not follow you, I found your tweet when trying to find out why Gus said that.
THAT!!!!!!!!!!!Just buy your ticket and enjoy the show. We have a lot of surprises for them. Get ready!! \o/
Old November 26th 2011, 10:39 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
THAT!!!!!!!!!!!Just buy your ticket and enjoy the show. We have a lot of surprises for them. Get ready!! \o/
Try not to do something silly at the show as well.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 26th 2011, 11:19 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Try not to do something silly at the show as well.
hahahaahahahaha Ok, man!
Old November 26th 2011, 05:45 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Gus need to relax. He lives traveling. Making a silly comparison: the cat from my grandmother lived "locked" in the house and dont have sex. And that neither acted Gus.

I understand he's upset. But he should ignore certain things and respond to things with more calmness and humility. I've never seen dave answer this way to anyone ... (Looks that people should disturb him a lot!)
Old November 26th 2011, 05:52 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivefake View Post
Gus need to relax. He lives traveling. Making a silly comparison: the cat from my grandmother lived "locked" in the house and dont have sex. And that neither acted Gus.

I understand he's upset. But he should ignore certain things and respond to things with more calmness and humility. I've never seen dave answer this way to anyone ... (Looks that people should disturb him a lot!)
That is Gus' personal twitter account. It's not his "Hi I'm the FF manager, send me your queries and requests" account. That message may have been harsh but he obviously gets lots of similar messages from fans and it tipped him over the edge. It's basically a message to people to stop bugging him.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 26th 2011, 05:54 PM
I'll Stick Around

Vou responder pois este post se refere a brasileiros e um desavença.

Felipe meu caro, concordo contigo em partes e concordo com o Astor em partes.
Acho que eu já tive motivos suficientes para discutir com os dois. mas desta vez é diferente. Não entendo o fato de você justificar que há um show na Argentina mais barato e que se caso queira é só ir pra lá. Isso não é bem o que podemos chamar de "nacionalismo". De fato, muitas pessoas falam que só somo um povo nacionalista em tempos de futebol. Digo por mim. Independente disso eu defendo os interesse comuns que acho que são a maioria dos brasileiros e que são fãs da banda: MAIS SHOWS NA NOSSA TERRA!

Independente de brigas e dos desentendimentos, respeito a sua opnião. Mas sua justificativa é SURREAL. Claro que se não tivessemos um show aqui, teríamos que ir pra lá, pra Argentina pais dos quais somos "rivais" mas adoraria conhecer independente de qualquer coisa. Mas o que mais pesa e que assim como eu, muitos outros fãs gostariam de apreciar a banda com uma maior frequencia no nosso país com os nossos amigos.

Não sei se mandando uma mensagem pro Gus isso vai ajudar ou mudar alguma coisa. Nem mesmo pra alguém uma esfera "superior". Mesmo assim, acho louvavel a atitude de quem tem a coragem de dar a cara a tapa aqui no forum , no twiter e no facebook e elabora meios mirabolantes mesmo que "inválidos" pra tentar mudar a situação.

Você deveria entender isso .. mais do que ninguem.
Old November 26th 2011, 05:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
That is Gus' personal twitter account. It's not his "Hi I'm the FF manager, send me your queries and requests" account. That message may have been harsh but he obviously gets lots of similar messages from fans and it tipped him over the edge. It's basically a message to people to stop bugging him.
I agree!!

But ... well, as anyone who receives numerous messages on twitter he should: either ignore or delete your account.

One thing is fact: He should be a little calm with their answers.

No one here is forced to wonder quietly and carry a scream in your ear.

Last edited by Deivefake : November 26th 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old November 26th 2011, 09:45 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
I agree!!

Butt ... well, as anyone who receives numerous messages on twitter he should: either ignore or delete your account.

One thing is fact: He should be a little calm with their answers.

No one here is forced to wonder quietly and carry a scream in your ear.
I love the spirit of the young,
though they may not always have the best actions and make mistakes,
it's a wonder how they always are right

It's alright. Just keep posting to private accounts to yer hearts content.

Cheers
:>
Old November 26th 2011, 11:43 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Não entendo o fato de você justificar que há um show na Argentina mais barato e que se caso queira é só ir pra lá. Isso não é bem o que podemos chamar de "nacionalismo".
parei de ler aí.
Old November 26th 2011, 11:53 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

They really do have a shitload of fans in Brazil. I defy any of you to name one Brazilian who does not love them. For real.
Old November 27th 2011, 12:08 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
They really do have a shitload of fans in Brazil. I defy any of you to name one Brazilian who does not love them. For real.
[2]
Old November 27th 2011, 04:14 AM
The Boss

Oh cool, I was wondering who it was that pissed off Gus when I saw that on Facebook.

Fantastic.
Old November 27th 2011, 04:47 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Oh cool, I was wondering who it was that pissed off Gus when I saw that on Facebook.

Fantastic.
Yeah, welcome to the party and five long months of this.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 27th 2011, 05:23 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Yeah, welcome to the party and five long months of this.
EDIT - not to worry, it's just a small group on that, the huge majority is excited as I am and I cannot wait to finally see them live again. least I want is having anyone close to the band bothered just because of a handful of people, I'm sure the band will have a great time and so will the fans, especially after waiting for so long.

Last edited by Felipe. : November 27th 2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old November 27th 2011, 05:31 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I think it was F'ing awesome to see the Wrath of Gus! I can't wait for him one day to post on twitter "One more stupid request and the band will not perform tonight."