Default Retrospective Day with The Foo Fighters Music

Started my day with Walk as the IV was inserted for another round of leukemia treatment as symptoms have returned after chemo last year.

I was moved watching as Dave genuinely cared about his mom, his cousin, his influences and the crowd, at the Wrigley Field show. All of this while he and the rest of the band put on the greatest show I can remember (I've seen historically great bands like Rush, Van Halen, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Metallica, Tom Petty, Joan Jett and influences like The Replacements, Cheap Trick, Naked Raygun, Bob Mould/Sugar/Husker Du, The Meat Puppets, and dozens of other Punk/Rock/Pop shows). It was the best show I have ever seen, because FF wanted to put on a great show for everyone who could be there. They care, they are emotionally invested in their music, their families, their influences and their fans.

That commitment takes a catalog of great songs with a history of great performances and elevates FF to greatest band I have seen in my lifetime. I thought about it as I chose my songs to take me out of the reality of the day and into a different perspective. I also chose my end of day songs with my daughters (one was with me at Wrigley) to try to show what they could accomplish with belief in themselves, tons of hard work and maybe most importantly a genuine interest and caring about the people in their lives. They may not reach thousands of people in a 3 hour concert, but they interact with many every day - they can make a difference if they care.

I finished the day at home with my girls and we listened to Nevermind 20th anniversary vinyl and the debut Foo Fighters vinyl as the wrapup. I can't express how much music has enriched my relationship with my family, I feel like Dave did when talking about the last 20 years with FF, I think he put it as "I'm a pussy" during the Wrigley Field show. I feel a bit like that now. With that admission, I hope others share their connections made and relationships enriched on this thread.

I've got treatment planned over the next 4 months and would love to read about other fan's experiences on my road to recovery.

Thank you Foo Fighters and thank you fans who choose to share their "I'm a pussy" moments with friends and family.