Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 1st 2017, 03:39 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: How We all became mega-fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler00Hex View Post
Hey, wasn't the Skin and Bones show in Auditorium Theatre great? That was the best concert I've ever been to! How was Wrigley Field??
Definitely! Might even be the best show I've ever been to as well. Second row seats and meeting the guys earlier in the day probably contributed to that too!

I was also at the Indianapolis show in 2008, oddly enough. Remember the guitar smashing as well! Also the only show I heard No Way Back at so far, I think.

Wrigley was fine. Rained a bit on and off, but it was an experience waiting with all those people and seeing all the opening bands. Not sure if I'd trade the baseball field for the arena experience, but it was still pretty cool!

My covered head and torso in a blue poncho also made the Chicago Tribune review of the show, which was interesting, haha.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...29-column.html
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old November 3rd 2017, 10:43 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Definitely! Might even be the best show I've ever been to as well. Second row seats and meeting the guys earlier in the day probably contributed to that too!

I was also at the Indianapolis show in 2008, oddly enough. Remember the guitar smashing as well! Also the only show I heard No Way Back at so far, I think.

Wrigley was fine. Rained a bit on and off, but it was an experience waiting with all those people and seeing all the opening bands. Not sure if I'd trade the baseball field for the arena experience, but it was still pretty cool!

My covered head and torso in a blue poncho also made the Chicago Tribune review of the show, which was interesting, haha.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...29-column.html
We've still got our Foo rain ponchos. Wish I'd bought an extra
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2012
Milwaukee, WI Wasting Light Tour 2012
Cubby Bear, Sonic Highways Chicago, 2014
Indianapolis, Sonic Highways IN 2015
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2017
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 4th 2017, 03:35 AM
Ubiquitous member

I liked Nirvana's Nevermind record, but the later stuff just didn't grab me. Then Curt died and I thought, "that's it then".

Then I heard This Is A Call in 1996 on WHFS, the alt-rock station in DC/Baltimore and thought, meh.... it was cool, but I wasnt hugely into it. Then I'll Stick Around was released and I was hooked.

I took that CD to Korea with me in 1997, and in Alaska I became a bigger fan in 1998 when Monkey Wrench, My Hero and Everlong got on the radio. I followed them ever since.

In 2010 my work took me to Seattle on the day the Foos were headlining something called Sasquatch. I should have gone, but I was alone and didn't want to go.

Then, Dave made a cryptic announcement later that year on an awards show and I thought I'd missed my only chance to see them.

After they did Sound City, and the Sonic Highways buzz began to reach a fever pitch, I think that is when I became a Super Fan. I busted ass trying to score tickets to their Austin City Limits taping, but went away empty-handed. Then they played ACL Fest and I saw them live for the first time. Wow!!!! I knew it would not be my last.

I took my wife to see them at Voodoo this year. I really want to see them again, and I may try to hit an arena show somewhere in the USA in 2018 to see the three-hour show.