Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd 2017, 05:50 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Dear Dave

I've been a fan for a long time..going back to skipping school and listening to Nevermind and even starting up my own band, and continuing to be a musician from performing with the United States Marine Corps, to now being a high school band director. I got a chance to see Foo Fighters when I was stationed in California for one of the KROQ Weenie Roasts 20 years ago and I've been hooked ever since. My kids, 15 and 13, are huge fans and literally listen to your music daily...probably my fault, but they could be listening to douchy electronic garbage...I was super stoked to see that you guys where coming down to Coral Sky in Palm Beach in April, so I figured, what better Christmas gift to give my older kids...and me...but to get tickets for them so we can go as a family. I planned on splurging a little and getting some lower tickets so we could be part of the show...but fucking Ticketmaster/LiveNation. I waited for 10a to come along for like 20 min, in hopes that I could get on there right away and get the tickets we were looking to get...but these bullshit secondary ticket sales places bought up those seats. I immediately went to the secondary market and and they are already...at like 10:05 at 3X+ face value...WTF! Something has to be done about this. I was fully expecting to and pay $500 for 4 tickets (Face Value $91 a piece and then charges, and for my wife and I who are teachers, that's already a lot, but...we are too excited to see you guys to not go!), which would now cost me over $1000...
I know there are a lot of people that say, "cry me a river" over this, but fuck, I've waited a long time to see you guys and these bullshit ticket assholes buy up everything. Anyways, We will be there...I bought lawn seats...which was all that was left at 1 min deep into the ticket sale...but man, something needs to get done about this. My kids are going to be so excited when they open that gift on Christmas..they have no clue...and will surely be something that they remember forever.

~Josh
Old November 3rd 2017, 06:30 PM
The Boss

Default Re: Dear Dave

We are killing the tickets that the bots and resellers buy. If you keep trying you might be able to get tickets. Just saying.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 3rd 2017, 08:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
We are killing the tickets that the bots and resellers buy. If you keep trying you might be able to get tickets. Just saying.
Yeah, but it's too late. I don't have that kind of money. I wanted to make sure that I got ant tickets. Just sucks..was looking forward to being a little closer to the performance.

Something really needs to be done about this. It's awful that this is even aloud..I got my lawn tickets already...I don't have the money to go and by a second set of 4 tickets. I am just saying, it's messed up...just wanted to give my kids the best possible experience.
Old November 3rd 2017, 08:33 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Your kids will have a great time, regardless of the seats.