Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > FooFighters.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old September 6th 2014, 01:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees

When you order something from the store off foofighters.com do they charge you right away or do they wait until the items are shipped?
Old September 6th 2014, 01:27 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaFoo View Post
When you order something from the store off foofighters.com do they charge you right away or do they wait until the items are shipped?
You are charged straight away.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old September 7th 2014, 10:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
You are charged straight away.
Thanks for the info.
Old September 10th 2014, 01:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs down Re: New Foo Store - Shipping fees

WTF!!! I went to preorder the shirt & cd package for my son. $20.00 FOR SHIPPING? Fify bucks for a cd and T-shirt? Sorry guys, that's a ripoff. I'm old enough that I've been buying albums since the very early 70's and I've been a supporter (& buyer) of everything Foo since the first album was released. I think though that I might just pass on this one. Love ya guys but I can only show my discontent by witholding my dollars.
Old October 27th 2014, 02:50 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Posting another plus on the store I found out today:
Ordered some t-shirts and forgot to login to my account before checkout.
Store obviously tracks who you are by email and when I logged in AFTER it was all done and dusted the order was sitting paid and unfulfilled in my order history. That's kinda nice
Old October 27th 2014, 03:14 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFan58 View Post
WTF!!! I went to preorder the shirt & cd package for my son. $20.00 FOR SHIPPING? Fify bucks for a cd and T-shirt? Sorry guys, that's a ripoff. I'm old enough that I've been buying albums since the very early 70's and I've been a supporter (& buyer) of everything Foo since the first album was released. I think though that I might just pass on this one. Love ya guys but I can only show my discontent by witholding my dollars.
We are the message board. You should email the store if you really want them to have the feedback. Just saying...

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old October 27th 2014, 03:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Shipping fees are ridiculous. $8.99 for a T-shirt? $18.95 for a Sonic bundle? Not only that, it won't let me combine my two orders to maybe save on shipping. It seems Firebrand separated the Sonic Hwy preorder bundles from the rest of the merch, forcing you to get two different shipments. What a ripoff.
Yes, I also plan to email Firebrand but ultimately the Foos decision to go with this company was a bad one for the fans.
Old October 27th 2014, 05:59 PM
The Boss

Well I don't think it's that far off price wise. Postage costs a lot now. How much do you think it should be for a t-shirt?

I know if I buy a t-shirt online from a department store it's about $6.00 to my house and they have a local distributor.

Curious...

Old October 28th 2014, 12:22 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Well I don't think it's that far off price wise. Postage costs a lot now. How much do you think it should be for a t-shirt?

I know if I buy a t-shirt online from a department store it's about $6.00 to my house and they have a local distributor.

Curious...
Well by my estimate Firebrand across the board are making 33-50 % profit on the shipping.

It must be remembered that with the volume the store is doing there will be SUBSTANTIAL discounts in the actual cost to them for postage, and in return they are charging SUBSTANTIALLY more than any individual can buy postage for any given shipment themselves direct online with USPS.

So yes of course that is postage AND HANDLING, but it's an awfully high handling charge. I am without question within months from the old store to the new paying 25% more for international postage. Costs have no risen that much. But worse than that is the fact the MORE I buy in ONE order combined, the WORSE the difference between old and new stores gets.

Exact example:
One T-Shirt to NZ Old store $15.55
One T-Shirt to NZ New Store $20.75
USPS online $7.00 First Class International (giving a generous 200g / 7oz for the shirt and shipping it in an envelope exactly as the store does).

Three T-Shirts to NZ Old Store $22.00
Three T-Shirts to NZ New Store $36.35
USPS online $15.77 First Class International (giving a generous 600g / 210z for the shirts and shipping it in an envelope exactly as the store does).

So at LEAST 140 percent markup on the shipping cost ranging to 200 percent.

Also if I had added say a sticker set to either of the above, the old store would NOT have increased shipping at all. Its just a sticker set and weighs nothing, there's room in a padded bag etc it's easy. Not the new store - whack up goes the price as though I was buying another t-shirt.

I wont go into bigger items it just gets more preposterous the way the pricing gets hiked. It really is quite annoying, and I'm sure just puts many people off. With the exclusives through the store only the fans are held by the proverbial s and squeezed tightly - there is no choice but to pay WHATEVER the store might decide to charge.

I have to agree, try as I do to post some of the GOOD things with the bad, it has NOT been a good change for the bands fans.
Old October 28th 2014, 01:16 AM
Stiff Competition

I think people are getting spoiled with the free shipping sites like Amazon, Target.com, etc.

Honestly? I just ordered two Chicago shirts for friends who were there, and got two DC Black Cat shirts for me and my son, who were there (not that it matters, they're cool designs, so anybody has every right to enjoy them!). I initially considered the shipping as being high, but realized that I'd pay the $26-$28 per shirt if there was free shipping, so it works...at least I can justify it to myself.

There are bigger problems in this world right now than arguing about whether basic Capitalism is fair or not.
Old October 28th 2014, 11:37 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatthes View Post
I think people are getting spoiled with the free shipping sites like Amazon, Target.com, etc.

Honestly? I just ordered two Chicago shirts for friends who were there, and got two DC Black Cat shirts for me and my son, who were there (not that it matters, they're cool designs, so anybody has every right to enjoy them!). I initially considered the shipping as being high, but realized that I'd pay the $26-$28 per shirt if there was free shipping, so it works...at least I can justify it to myself.

There are bigger problems in this world right now than arguing about whether basic Capitalism is fair or not.
You've bought a couple of T-Shirts. My total in the last 3 months is over $1200 US. When I can see and prove that I've pissed more than $200 into Firebrands hands for putting stuff into envelopes I have every right to point it out, especially when it is WAY more than the previous cost.

Nobody complained about the old store's shipping prices. They were higher than actual cost but that is capitalism, this is upsetting people as it is SO much higher than cost.

How you can justify what you would be paying if there was free shipping is a logic I don't follow - it wasn't an option, there was an actual cost and another as a shipping charge, and you chose to pay the total. If the shipping was actually 50% higher than cost, you chose to ignore it, and big whoop you're in the States it was only $8 or whatever. Try and work the same logic when the shipping cost staring you in the face is $80 and you know it will cost $30 to send.
Old October 29th 2014, 01:02 AM
Stiff Competition

Well, you either you want the stuff, or you don't. If that's the only available option and you don't like it, just don't buy it.
Old October 29th 2014, 01:40 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatthes View Post
Well, you either you want the stuff, or you don't. If that's the only available option and you don't like it, just don't buy it.
That pretty much says it all.

Old October 30th 2014, 01:27 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
That pretty much says it all.
You yourself asked a "how much should it be question" so I tried to help by giving a literal scenario of actual cost to me versus actual provable REAL cost right now online. All facts.

It then got replied to with what I find to be a rather negative comment implying the band just really wouldn't care if they lost all the people like me that spend large amounts of money at the store. I cant understand why anyone would agree with that.

I guess we'll see when the quieter times start again after the tour is all done next year.
Old October 30th 2014, 04:07 AM
The Boss

I don't agree with high shipping prices. My agreement is that you don't have to buy stuff through the site.

I don't want you guys unhappy but it is what it is and complaining to me does nothing. I have no say and they will keep it in mind when we look at our sellers again. Fairly sure we entered an agreement with them. If there customer service is better then the last one it's almost worth the money. They stank.

Old November 11th 2014, 11:19 PM
Looking for a dime and found a quarter

I agree with you there, Jill.

My mother in law buys me Foo merch every year for Christmas and she had a really tough go 2 or 3 years ago. The year right after that, though, everything was great.

I hate bitching, so sorry that i kicked this off. I did email the store as well. The shipping on a tshirt is a bit high. And there are no options for people like me that would almost always buy enough stuff to get the free shipping on big orders.

The customer service has been somewhat shaky/rude. It just feels to me (not that i would actually know) like they are over whelmed. Which is good that we are all buying the stuff!!

The actual ordering process has been simplified tremendously though. I think the interface is great (trying to add some positivity )
Closed Thread