Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 2nd 2011, 10:30 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Foo Fighters Cassettes

I didn't realise ESP&G had been released on Cassette! or is this fake. Just thought I would post this for all you cassette collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOO-FIGHTERS-ECH...em51911e9d1 7

14/09/2014, 23/06/2018
Old August 31st 2011, 09:15 PM
I'll Stick Around

Ok, sorry for turning this thread into "What's a reasonable price for ..." Q&A again...

I almost did a huuuge mistake and almost paid a ridiculous amount of money for a Learn to Fly 7'' vinyl single (mint)... I was just curious how high that one bidder would go, so I almost had to pay 31GBP for it
Luckily, 30 seconds before the auction ended, that other guy placed another bit.

Long story short, what's an acceptable price for a Learn to Fly single? And how many singles are there anyway, when it comes to singles with a proper sleeve (so excluding jukebox only singles or my hero, or is there actually one with a real printed sleeve?)?
Old September 1st 2011, 08:15 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgm84 View Post
I didn't realise ESP&G had been released on Cassette! or is this fake. Just thought I would post this for all you cassette collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOO-FIGHTERS-ECH...em51911e9d1 7
Real - Indonesian release. Countries with a lot of lower economic population still did cassettes for this and Honor etc. Taiwan was another.

I was there
Old September 1st 2011, 09:39 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektugalo View Post
Long story short, what's an acceptable price for a Learn to Fly single? And how many singles are there anyway, when it comes to singles with a proper sleeve (so excluding jukebox only singles or my hero, or is there actually one with a real printed sleeve?)?
Learn to Fly is one of the rarer 7" releases. Was the last picture sleeve 7" I got, and I paid $20 US for a really mint one, but they have gone for more and less. $50 is just ridiculous (that's 31 pounds). Id go to 30 but it would have to be really nice and you'd have to be a bit impatient even then.

This is the 7 inch list. P/S is picture sleeve, vinyl is black unless otherwise stated. My Hero did have an official 7" release, not a picture sleeve but a special clear sleeve with inserts on red vinyl.

Alban on Discogs has a Long Road To Ruin Test Pressing, I have All My Life as in the list. You can probably remove them from a hunt list - I know there were only 10 made of the one I have so its pretty unlikely to ever come up for sale.

There is also a 7" for The One in a picture sleeve. ONE was made and signed by Dave and given away in a competition in the UK. A board member here owns it. Ten or so test pressings of that were also made. One was known to be owned by a long time collector, nobody has ever stated they have seen others. Otherwise this list is pretty much likely to be it other than other test pressings that probably do exist somewhere.

This Is A Call (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 1995 UK / EU Card 72438-82246-7-3 (CL-753)
This Is A Call (UK 7 Inch Vinyl For Jukebox) 1995 UK / EU Sleeve CL-753
This Is A Call (UK 7 Inch Single Sided Vinyl Promo) 1995 UK Sleeve 7VIN100
I'll Stick Around (UK 7 Inch Red Vinyl) 1995 UK / EU P/S Card 72438-82382-7-4 (CL-757)
For All The Cows (UK 7 Inch Blue Vinyl) 1995 UK P/S Card 72438-82574-7-3 (CL 762)
Big Me (UK 7 Inch White Vinyl) 1996 UK P/S Card 72438-82802-7-3 (CL 768)
Monkey Wrench (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 1997 UK P/S Card 72438-84014-7-0 (CL-788)
Monkey Wrench (US 7 Inch Vinyl For Jukebox) 1997 USA Sleeve 72438-19543-7
Everlong (UK 7 Inch Blue Marble Vinyl) 1997 UK P/S Card 72438-84361-7-5 (CL-792)
My Hero (UK 7 Inch Red Vinyl) 1998 UK Clear Sleeve 72438-85180-7-9 (CL-796)
My Hero (US 7 Inch Vinyl For Jukebox) 1997 USA Sleeve 72438-19865-7
Walking After You (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 1998 UK P/S Card 07559-63828-7-8 (E4100)
Walking After You (US 7 Inch Vinyl For Jukebox) 1998 USA Sleeve 72438-19989-7
Learn To Fly (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 1999 UK / EU P/S Card FOO1
Generator (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2000 UK / EU P/S Card 74321-74618-7
Breakout (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2000 UK / EU P/S Card 74321-79013-7
Next Year (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2000 UK / EU P/S Card 74321-80926-7
Next Year (Italian 7 Inch Vinyl For Jukebox - Backed With Westlife) 2000 ITL Sleeve 74321-82662-7
All My Life (UK 7 Inch Vinyl Numbered Out Of 5000) 2002 UK / EU P/S Card 74321-97315-7
All My Life (EU 7 Inch Vinyl NOT Numbered) 2002 EU P/S Card 74321-97374-7
All My Life (US 7 Inch Vinyl With Session Records Insert & Sticker) 2002 USA P/S Card SES031
All My Life (US 7 Inch Vinyl Erika Records TEST PRESSING) 2002 USA Sleeve SES031
Times Like These (UK 7 Inch Vinyl Numbered Out Of 5000) 2003 UK / EU P/S Card 74321-98955-7
Low (UK 7 Inch Vinyl Numbered Out Of 3000) 2003 UK / EU P/S Card 82876-52256-7
Have It All (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2003 UK / EU P/S Card 82876-56370-7
Best Of You (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2005 UK / EU P/S Card 82876-70121-7
Best Of You (US Promo 7 Inch Vinyl) 2005 USA P/S Card R7-70366-7
DOA (UK 7 Inch Yellow Vinyl) 2005 UK / EU P/S Card 82876-72279-7
Resolve (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2005 UK / EU P/S Card 82876-74965-7
The Pretender (UK 7 Inch Clear Vinyl) 2007 UK / EU P/S Card 88697-13999-7
The Pretender (US Promo 7 Inch Vinyl) 2007 USA P/S Card 88697-16773-7
Long Road To Ruin (UK 7 Inch Vinyl) 2007 UK / EU P/S Card 88697-19036-7
Phighting Phooey At The Reading Festival August 1995 (US 7 Inch Bootleg Vinyl) 2007 USA P/S Card GLR-014

I was there

Last edited by FooZealand : September 1st 2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old September 16th 2011, 03:04 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Learn to Fly is one of the rarer 7" releases. Was the last picture sleeve 7" I got, and I paid $20 US for a really mint one, but they have gone for more and less. $50 is just ridiculous (that's 31 pounds). Id go to 30 but it would have to be really nice and you'd have to be a bit impatient even then.
First of all, thanks a lot for the list.

Funny story; a few days after the auction mentioned in my previous post, I got an email from email saying that the auction winner didn't pay so the offer was passed to the next highest bidder, as in me. Because 31 GBP was rediculously high I didn't take that offer but started to watch the user's ebay account.

Then, a week or so later he made the same offer again and this time I got it for about 20 pounds, which officially qualifies me as a bit impatient ;D
I just hope it is really nice indeed, the auction stated "excellent condition", so we'll see.

So even though this thread doesn't really live up to its title anymore, I am still very grateful for the helpful replies.

On another note: With Learn to Fly I have all the Foo Fighters Vinyls with printed sleeves except for Walking After You and Times Like These (and the jukebox and bootleg releases).
My collection is slowly but steadily growing and thanks to the helpful advice in this thread probably much cheaper than without ;D
Old September 16th 2011, 09:04 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
First of all, thanks a lot for the list.

Funny story; a few days after the auction mentioned in my previous post, I got an email from email saying that the auction winner didn't pay so the offer was passed to the next highest bidder, as in me. Because 31 GBP was rediculously high I didn't take that offer but started to watch the user's ebay account.

Then, a week or so later he made the same offer again and this time I got it for about 20 pounds, which officially qualifies me as a bit impatient ;D
I just hope it is really nice indeed, the auction stated "excellent condition", so we'll see.

So even though this thread doesn't really live up to its title anymore, I am still very grateful for the helpful replies.

On another note: With Learn to Fly I have all the Foo Fighters Vinyls with printed sleeves except for Walking After You and Times Like These (and the jukebox and bootleg releases).
My collection is slowly but steadily growing and thanks to the helpful advice in this thread probably much cheaper than without ;D
Don't worry about the thread changing focus, the board here is for collectors and so long as we are helping each other out with collections I don't think it makes much difference

I like little stories like that - I've had a few along similar lines. One counter offer I had back on an item said more or less, look I wont go lower than this (x amount) but I see you but a lot of Foo stuff and I'm sorting out quite a lot of things I'm going to sell, buy this and I'll work out some good prices on anything else you might want, I'd like my stuff to go to a good collector. So I thought oh well its only $5 or so more than I had offered. It was the red One By One Norwegian CD.

So anyway after a couple of emails I find out he was best friends with an ex roadie for the band in the US and I ended up getting almost every US promo I needed in one go, some US tapes, and an Australian Promo CD I'd never heard of called Down In The Dark. It since turns out the CD is probably the rarest silver pressed CD ever made. The song Down In The Park was released on the Songs in the Key of X soundtrack and got miss-spelt on the promo which was apparently then withdrawn. The story he got was the band were sent some of the copies and the roadie got one and passed it on to him.

So anyway the bottom line is it always pays to talk to people - the worst thing that can happen is you get told no, or sorry, sometimes you simply luck out

20 pounds was a good price to say yes to - fingers crossed it turns out to be as good as it looked in the auction. And your collection is coming along nicely. People say I have a vinyl fixation and its true I do a bit. But I started out ignoring the records altogether, then heard TCATS on a nice system one day about 6 years ago and just couldn't believe how full it sounded, and I kicked myself that I'd never thought they were worth it. And so I got the addiction to get them all and I've never regretted it.

Glad to have helped out - let us know how the record is when it arrives.

I was there
Old September 23rd 2011, 12:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

Your story is way cooler than mine! I envy you

The package arrived today, at first I was a little bummed out, cause it had a dent at the corner - damn you postal office!
But after opening it I saw that two layers of cardboard protected the sleeve and single quite successfully.

So now I am a proud owner of a 7'' Learn to Fly single in great condition, it looks just great, just a small hint of ringwear at most; more than enough to satisfy my amateur-ish collector's heart
Old September 24th 2011, 04:21 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
more than enough to satisfy my amateur-ish collector's heart
Let's see how long that lasts

Really glad it arrived safely - god I so wish everyone would package like that, that one extra layer makes all the difference.

I was there