Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 11th 2018, 07:46 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Dave Grohl On Lars Ulrich's Beats One Show

Spot Clean Stains on Converse Shoes

Spot cleaning means dealing with only the part of the shoes that has a stain on it. But, make sure you choose the right cleaning products for various stains and fabric so that spot cleaning will be correctly done without creating any terrible disaster.

Step 1 – Make a Cleaning Mixture

Since Converse shoes are mainly made with canvas, you can use laundry detergent to get rid of dirt and light stains well. Blend ľ cup laundry detergent and 2 cups of warm water in a bowl. Or you can use dish soap, body wash, shampoo or window cleaner in place of using the laundry detergent. Depending on how mud is covered with your shoes, the best thing is to do two batches of the mixture.

Step 2 – Start Cleaning

First of all, take a rag to wipe away the stains. Later, rinse the rag in the clean water. Then soakit in the mixture and clean each shoe. Remember to remove the shoelaces and scrub them as well. Remember to do the same thing for the inside of the shoes. For tougher places such as the rubber parts and the shoes’ soles, you should use an old toothbrush that is dipped into the cleaning mixture.

Step 3 – Wipe Again

Take another clean cloth to get rid of any dirt or mixture residue after scrubbing each shoe. Then look at them and see whether you feel satisfied with the result. If stains and scuffs are still existing, you should try another mixture (we will guide later).

Step 4 – Dry The Shoes

Place the shoes in a warm place with fine air circulation so that they can dry quickly. Putting them outside the sun is a good recommendation; however, if your shoes have a dark color, be careful because the sun can whiten them. In this case, you should use a hair dryer to keep them dry (use the coolsetting only).

In addition, remember to stuff them with newspaper to keep their shape as well as letting the laces dry separately.

Clean Converse Shoes with The Washing Machine

Using the washing machine helps you clean the whole shoes, both inside and out. Make sure you remove and clean the laces and inserts separately.

Step 1 – Pretreat The Shoes

Never put your shoes in the washing machine directly when they’re covered with oil, food or grass stains. The first important thing is to pretreat your shoes with a stain remover that you often use on your clothes. Apply it on the stains and let it saturate for a certain amount of time before washing.

In case your shoes are a deep color, please test the product on a sensitive part of the shoes and see what happens. If it seems to bleach the color, try another.

Step 2 – Start Washing

Put everything in the washable bag to protect your shoes as well as keeping the washing machine from getting beaten during the washing cycle.

Bear in mind to use the gentle cycle and use warm water to release the stains from the shoes. If you’re worried about maintaining the color, utilizing the cold water is okay. And avoid availing the hot water because the heat might liberate the glue that holds the shoes together, making them fall part quicker.

Obviously, you should not wash the shoes with other clothes because they might damage the fabric.

Step 3 – Dry The Shoes

No matter which method you choose, drying the shoes is the same. Just put them in a warm place with good air circulation and dry the laces separately.

Tricks for Treating Annoying Scuffs and Stains

As we said above, dealing with annoying stains and scuffs on the Converse shoes are quite tough if the cleaning mixture is not strong enough. To help you get a deeper clean for them, below are some effective solutions that you should try.

Use the mixture of soda and hydrogen peroxide

Start mixing 1 tablespoon baking soda, Ĺ tablespoon hydrogen peroxide and Ĺ tablespoon of lukewarm water. Dip an old toothbrush into the mixture and then swab dirty spot on the shoes. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes and rinse with clean water. Repeat if the stains remain.

This mixture is known as an active and strong natural cleaning one, especially for the white shoes. In case your shoes are another color, you need to test on a certain part of the shoes to ensure.

Bleach the shoes

Just use this way if your Converse shoes are totally white because bleaching is an effective way to get rid of the toughest stains. Follow the rate of 1 bleach and 5 glasses of water. Then take the old toothbrush and remove the dirt with the bleach mixture. Later, rinse with the clean water and repeat if necessary.

Use rubbing alcohol or magic eraser

If your shoes are covered with ink stains or small scuffs, the rubbing alcohol can treat them well [https://www.footguru.net/how-to-reli...nding-all-day/] Dampen a cotton cloth and wipe the stained areas gently until everything is totally gone. Or you can use nail polish remover to take away nail polish or avail paint thinner to remove paint.

Additionally, the magic eraser is known as a powerful remover to clean grass, oil, food, and other kinds of stains or even scuff marks from the rubber part of the shoes.

Last edited by kingandsoraka : March 26th 2018 at 04:42 AM.
Old March 12th 2018, 09:57 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Dave Grohl On Lars Ulrich's Beats One Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingandsoraka View Post
Dave will be on Lar's Beats One show this Sunday (10th) so do you think we will get a new song played just days away from release?
really? he was on the show just a few months ago, and I'm not seeing anything online
Old March 12th 2018, 05:21 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingandsoraka View Post
Dave will be on Lar's Beats One show this Sunday (10th) so do you think we will get a new song played just days away from release?
Huh? What am I missing? T.Rex song?
Old March 12th 2018, 06:43 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Huh? What am I missing? T.Rex song?
Maybe they mean the new single?
Old March 13th 2018, 05:32 PM

I don't think Dave was even on the Lars show. I googled/youtubed and found nothing.

Wait, who's this kingandsoraka newb guy.
This is weird as a first post. Hmm
Old March 13th 2018, 06:06 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
I don't think Dave was even on the Lars show. I googled/youtubed and found nothing.

Itís Lars Ulrich, the cheeky scamp.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old March 13th 2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Itís Lars Ulrich, the cheeky scamp.
All he's gotta do is ask nicely for us to listen to his show.
Old March 13th 2018, 11:56 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Especially as it was posted the day AFTER he was supposed to appear (I know, I know, time difference....but even so....)