Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old November 27th 2014, 12:48 PM
Frank_M Frank_M is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

We saw people get tickets right before the HOBNOLA show.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old November 27th 2014, 02:45 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 25,000
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I get it. Sorry about your mom. Seattle is an amazing town. I know people that hung out at the LA show and managed to get tickets.




I am truly sad for you and your household.

The same thing happened in NOLA. Two of the people in our group had an extra ticket and gave them to 2 guys who flew in from Florida & NY without tickets. They got rail with us. HOB released additional tickets about 15 minutes before the doors opened. If you are already in town, you might get lucky.
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old November 28th 2014, 05:01 PM
KathyJak KathyJak is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 48
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

To everyone going tonight enjoy every second of the incredible experience that's awaiting you! Much luck to those without tickets...I witnessed three get theirs minutes before doors opened for the NOLA show (although it was a different scenario with sales via Live Nation).

I have yet to lose the crazy concert high from last Friday! So excited for you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old November 28th 2014, 07:21 PM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJak View Post
To everyone going tonight enjoy every second of the incredible experience that's awaiting you! Much luck to those without tickets...I witnessed three get theirs minutes before doors opened for the NOLA show (although it was a different scenario with sales via Live Nation).

I have yet to lose the crazy concert high from last Friday! So excited for you!!!

Thanks! I can't wait! This event (plus a win from the Seahawks) are making for a perfect weekend. I hope others on the board were able to make it as well. I still can't believe this is happening!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old November 28th 2014, 08:53 PM
Jill's Avatar
Jill Jill is offline
The Boss
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: California
Posts: 21,620
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanst98036 View Post
Thanks! I can't wait! This event (plus a win from the Seahawks) are making for a perfect weekend. I hope others on the board were able to make it as well. I still can't believe this is happening!
Richard Sherman is a jackass. Have fun! lol
__________________
My email: click me

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old November 28th 2014, 09:09 PM
hopey hopey is offline
it goes oh oh oh
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: West Seattle
Posts: 30
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

I am totally psyched about tonight! We are planning to line up early so we can get a good spot in the bar seating -- I am a short person (5' 2") so if I try to stand on the main floor, I won't be able to see a thing.

A good friend of mine who has close contact with the folks running Sub Pop records said he heard there would be a set by the Screaming Trees tonight! I'm hoping the Wilson sisters show up too.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old November 28th 2014, 09:14 PM
ipslim ipslim is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 173
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Shiiiiiiiiiiit - even though I live in London and there was absolutely no way I'd have been able to make it over I love seattle (I go there with work every year or so) and really feel like I'm missing out on this one.

Should be a good one kids :-)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old November 28th 2014, 09:30 PM
KathyJak KathyJak is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 48
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopey View Post
I am totally psyched about tonight! We are planning to line up early so we can get a good spot in the bar seating -- I am a short person (5' 2") so if I try to stand on the main floor, I won't be able to see a thing.

A good friend of mine who has close contact with the folks running Sub Pop records said he heard there would be a set by the Screaming Trees tonight! I'm hoping the Wilson sisters show up too.
Hope you get a great spot! Totally understand...I'm 5'3 (if I stand up reeeaaaly tall) and my husband is 6'5 which creates a dilemma at shows with me not being able to see and/or my husband blocking others view. We were one of the first 10 people in at HOB and found a perfect spot next to the sound board. I had two steps to stand on behind hubby (bonus was nobody pressing behind me so there was a little airflow, very little...it was HOT in there that night!).
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old November 28th 2014, 09:51 PM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Richard Sherman is a jackass. Have fun! lol

Haha, thanks Jill. That post game reporter tried to bait Sherman and Wilson into talking crap about the Niners. They chose not to. Class acts.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old November 28th 2014, 10:41 PM
Knoxy's Avatar
Knoxy Knoxy is offline
Yawn.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rent free in your head.
Posts: 23,512
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Have fun everyone!
__________________
Originally Posted by Drunkz Emma_Jayne
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old November 28th 2014, 11:36 PM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Anybody lucky enough to nab a flyer off the wall the other day? They only had around 10 hanging up but the first few in line for tickets (including myself) were able to grab some. I'm sure they will have more flyers hanging around tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old November 29th 2014, 12:31 AM
JohnnyPark JohnnyPark is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
The same thing happened in NOLA. Two of the people in our group had an extra ticket and gave them to 2 guys who flew in from Florida & NY without tickets. They got rail with us. HOB released additional tickets about 15 minutes before the doors opened. If you are already in town, you might get lucky.
Woo hoo. Just arrived in Seattle after a 34 hour trip from South Africa. Here is hoping I get lucky with a ticket. Otherwise I will be hanging out outside enjoying then vibe. Wish me luck.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old November 29th 2014, 04:51 AM
FooMe FooMe is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPark View Post
Woo hoo. Just arrived in Seattle after a 34 hour trip from South Africa. Here is hoping I get lucky with a ticket. Otherwise I will be hanging out outside enjoying then vibe. Wish me luck.
I hope you get in!! I was tempted to head down to Seattle from Victoria but I thought crossing the border on Black Friday might be madness...

SO excited for everyone who's going. You must be getting pretty stoked right about now
__________________
_______________________________________
2008-Mar-30 - Vancouver, BC (Pacific Coliseum)
2011-Oct-27 - Calgary, AB (Saddledome)
2015-Aug-13 - Calgary, AB (Saddledome)
2015-Sept-12 - George, WA (The Gorge)
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old November 29th 2014, 08:57 AM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Oh my god! My face was just melted off! So much off the first album played.

Opened with Winnebago!!!!

Dave also stated that he was going to play a song they used to close with.

I was up front and yelled "Exhausted?!"

He looked right at me with a grin "Yeeah".
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old November 29th 2014, 09:02 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,781
Eek! Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Winnebago?!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old November 29th 2014, 09:14 AM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Off the top of my head:

Winnebago
Feast and the Famine
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Rope
Pretender
My Hero
Hey JP
Monkey Wrench
Congregation
Walk
Cold Day in the sun
In the Clear
I'll Stick Around
Big Me
Something From Nothing
These Days
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Miss you (Rolling Stones)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Breakdown (Tom Petty)
*Butch comes out and requests that Dave plays Subterranean (No Ben Gibbard)
Under Pressure
All My Life
This Is A Call
Weenie Beenie
Best Of You
Exhausted
Everlong
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old November 29th 2014, 09:32 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,781
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

so no Subterranean ?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old November 29th 2014, 09:34 AM
seanst98036's Avatar
seanst98036 seanst98036 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 601
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

They played it after Butch came on stage but Dave originally wasn't going to play it.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old November 29th 2014, 09:42 AM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,427
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

That's a long set list! Wish I could of been there!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old November 29th 2014, 10:01 AM
Weenie Beenie Boy's Avatar
Weenie Beenie Boy Weenie Beenie Boy is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 26
Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanst98036 View Post
Off the top of my head:

Winnebago
Feast and the Famine
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Rope
Pretender
My Hero
Hey JP
Monkey Wrench
Congregation
Walk
Cold Day in the sun
In the Clear
I'll Stick Around
Big Me
Something From Nothing
These Days
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Miss you (Rolling Stones)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Breakdown (Tom Petty)
*Butch comes out and requests that Dave plays Subterranean (No Ben Gibbard)
Under Pressure
All My Life
This Is A Call
Weenie Beenie
Best Of You
Exhausted
Everlong
You forgot: Stiff Competition (Cheap Trick cover)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.