Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 29th 2014, 10:09 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Seattle Sonic Highways Show?

Oh yeah that one too... somewhere after Under Pressure I believe? 32 Songs! 3 1/2 hours! Only guest besides Butch was somebody from DC. Bad Brains member if I'm not mistaken. All the band members from Scream were also in the crowd.
Old November 29th 2014, 10:11 AM
tired of wearing black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanst98036 View Post
Oh my god! My face was just melted off! So much off the first album played.

Opened with Winnebago!!!!

Dave also stated that he was going to play a song they used to close with.

I was up front and yelled "Exhausted?!"

He looked right at me with a grin "Yeeah".
Quote:
Off the top of my head:

Winnebago
Feast and the Famine
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Rope
Pretender
My Hero
Hey JP
Monkey Wrench
Congregation
Walk
Cold Day in the sun
In the Clear
I'll Stick Around
Big Me
Something From Nothing
These Days
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Miss you (Rolling Stones)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Breakdown (Tom Petty)
*Butch comes out and requests that Dave plays Subterranean (No Ben Gibbard)
Under Pressure
All My Life
This Is A Call
Weenie Beenie
Best Of You
Exhausted
Everlong
WOW.
Old November 29th 2014, 02:09 PM
Fuck it all, I came from nothing

Goddamn, Exhausted? So. Jealous.

___________________________________live.
Old November 29th 2014, 02:12 PM
The Sidekick

That is a nice setlist, and I guess a hint of what to expect in the way of S/T being played on the 20th anniversary. What I expected really, just the songs they still like.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 29th 2014, 02:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Off the top of my head:

Winnebago
Feast and the Famine
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Rope
Pretender
My Hero
Hey JP
Monkey Wrench
Congregation
Walk
Cold Day in the sun
In the Clear
I'll Stick Around
Big Me
Something From Nothing
These Days
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Miss you (Rolling Stones)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Breakdown (Tom Petty)
*Butch comes out and requests that Dave plays Subterranean (No Ben Gibbard)
Under Pressure
All My Life
This Is A Call
Weenie Beenie
Best Of You
Exhausted
Everlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiaaaan View Post
WOW.

Wow x2!
Old November 29th 2014, 02:57 PM
Fresh Pot

I remember thinking the same at the UK secret gigs in September. There was a considerable number of songs off S/T played much to the elation of all those in the crowd. Happy for all the lucky folks who got to appreciate
Old November 29th 2014, 05:23 PM
Run for your life with me

They didn't play outside?
Old November 29th 2014, 05:51 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grail72 View Post
They didn't play outside?
They didn't play it in New Orleans either and it was on the set list.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 29th 2014, 05:58 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Haha, thanks Jill. That post game reporter tried to bait Sherman and Wilson into talking crap about the Niners. They chose not to. Class acts.
While he was "shhhhing" the niner crowd? Super classy. Cocky fucker. You know I grew up in Seattle? Went to Inglemoor Highschool in Bothell. I loved Jim Zorn and Steve Largent and the SeaHawks. When they hired Pete Carrol it was all over for me.

You have fun?

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 29th 2014, 06:39 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:
Exhausted
Amazing, just beautiful.
I'm gonna go in youtube to try to find something.

Did the southafrican dude got in? I really hope so, he's crazy!
Old November 29th 2014, 07:33 PM
it goes oh oh oh

I am awake and recovering, my feet are killing me but SO glad we went. I decided I couldn't handle the "mosh pit" in front of the stage, as much as I really would've liked to have been closer to the band. But there was bona fide stage diving as well as crowd surfing at the show, and I'm a little too old for that at this point, haha. Instead I was right next to the sound board, in the raised bar section. Straight-on view over everyone's heads at stage height. Didn't snag a chair but the gal next to me was kind enough to let me stand right next to her. I hope she didn't regret that decision when I went crazy dancing on my favorite songs.

Cool thing about the stage diver? Security was going to throw him out, but Dave got them to bring him back in and give him a second chance. The guy did not try it again.

Dave also did the "walk to the bar" schtick again, but did not get up on top of the bar this time. Tons of people with their phones out filming him getting a Jaegermeister shot. He brought it to the stage, walked up to his mic, got off the stage into the crowd -- waving away a security guy in the process -- and it seemed like he shared the shot with the people in front. Pretty funny.

There were also a couple of guys right up front smoking pot. Toward the end of the show they started deliberately blowing it in Dave's face. Before the band quit for the night, Dave made some comments about "Cheech & Chong down here in front" and seemed genuinely annoyed by it.

Was anyone else unhappy with the quality of the sound? Maybe it was different up front, but from where I was it seemed like the drums were mixed too high -- the snare was *really* sharp -- and my husband observed the sound guy having trouble tweaking Dave's vocals and getting visibly frustrated by it. There were times when I couldn't hear Dave singing at all.

I like the Washington-specific tshirt I got, which included a bonus tag for a free download of the album. They also had poster-size prints of the show flyer. seanst98036, I hope you got one of those.

Still wish I had gotten a little closer to the band, but all in all it was a great experience!
Old November 29th 2014, 07:52 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopey View Post
I am awake and recovering, my feet are killing me but SO glad we went. I decided I couldn't handle the "mosh pit" in front of the stage, as much as I really would've liked to have been closer to the band. But there was bona fide stage diving as well as crowd surfing at the show, and I'm a little too old for that at this point, haha. Instead I was right next to the sound board, in the raised bar section. Straight-on view over everyone's heads at stage height. Didn't snag a chair but the gal next to me was kind enough to let me stand right next to her. I hope she didn't regret that decision when I went crazy dancing on my favorite songs.

Cool thing about the stage diver? Security was going to throw him out, but Dave got them to bring him back in and give him a second chance. The guy did not try it again.

Dave also did the "walk to the bar" schtick again, but did not get up on top of the bar this time. Tons of people with their phones out filming him getting a Jaegermeister shot. He brought it to the stage, walked up to his mic, got off the stage into the crowd -- waving away a security guy in the process -- and it seemed like he shared the shot with the people in front. Pretty funny.

There were also a couple of guys right up front smoking pot. Toward the end of the show they started deliberately blowing it in Dave's face. Before the band quit for the night, Dave made some comments about "Cheech & Chong down here in front" and seemed genuinely annoyed by it.

Was anyone else unhappy with the quality of the sound? Maybe it was different up front, but from where I was it seemed like the drums were mixed too high -- the snare was *really* sharp -- and my husband observed the sound guy having trouble tweaking Dave's vocals and getting visibly frustrated by it. There were times when I couldn't hear Dave singing at all.

I like the Washington-specific tshirt I got, which included a bonus tag for a free download of the album. They also had poster-size prints of the show flyer. seanst98036, I hope you got one of those.

Still wish I had gotten a little closer to the band, but all in all it was a great experience!
Nice write up. Two points, however. There was no stage diving. Stage diving is when a fan gets on stage, turns around and makes a dive back into the audience. He just crowd surfed and was plopped on stage and led off by security, who intended to throw him out of the venue until Dave stepped in.

Second, Dave was not annoyed by the pot smoking. Dave had that guy moved to the front row BECAUSE he was smoking. I was right at the front and Dave most certainly wasn't annoyed.

The sound was very good right up front. No issues at all.

WBB
Old November 29th 2014, 07:55 PM

Hopey, that Washington Shirt is badass. I got one for myself as well. Then my brother in law stripped it from my shoulders as I was making my way up front and so I thought I had lost it for the night. Haha.

I ended up getting a 11x14 version of that flyer off the door when buying tickets the other day but that super sized version was tempting!

I agree the sound of the guitars had overpowered Dave's voice quite a bit and it really shows in some video clips I took. It's a little disappointing because that venue is usually associated with great sound. Maybe the mixing sounded a little better in back though? It probably didn't help that I was standing directly in front of those heavy set hanging speakers for the majority of the show too.

Last edited by seanst98036 : November 29th 2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old November 29th 2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
While he was "shhhhing" the niner crowd? Super classy. Cocky fucker. You know I grew up in Seattle? Went to Inglemoor Highschool in Bothell. I loved Jim Zorn and Steve Largent and the SeaHawks. When they hired Pete Carrol it was all over for me.

You have fun?

Yeah Sherman can get a little cocky. He was just "Shhhhing" all the haters though. I can understand the hate for him being similar to why I don't like Kaepernick or Jim Harbaugh. I don't quite understand the Pete Carroll hate though. Other than his college "cheating" days, he seems like one of the most likeable coaches in NFL.

Oh, and I had a BLAST! Tell Dave and gang thanks for rocking our faces off! Haha. This was definitely the best show out of the 8+ times I've seen them live and that is saying a lot. They never disappoint.
Old November 29th 2014, 08:20 PM
Screams in silence

Quote:

You have fun?
Pete Carrol's success is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
Old November 29th 2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Amazing, just beautiful.
I'm gonna go in youtube to try to find something.

Did the southafrican dude got in? I really hope so, he's crazy!
I normally don't like to do this at shows, but so much awesomeness was being put out on stage I couldn't resist. As soon as Dave confirmed Exhausted was the upcoming song they were going to play I whipped out my phone with excitememt. Then for some reason my recorder wouldn't work. Not sure why since I have about 13gb of free space on my phone. So all I got was the opening riff. I'm sure the band doesn't appreciate people recording their stuff anyways so it was probably for the best.

Edit: I didn't see any South African people in the crowd, but I do know comedian Jeff Ross was there!

Last edited by seanst98036 : November 29th 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old November 29th 2014, 09:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

Ugh, so jealous! Dying to hear Exhausted live. I hope I have a shot at tickets for NY next week.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Little Rock AR
5/20/11 Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Duluth GA
9/21/12 Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 NYE Las Vegas NV
4/25/18 Tampa FL
4/26/18 West Palm Beach FL
4/28/18 Atlanta GA
9/1/18 Seattle WA
5/15/19 New Orleans LA
5/16/19 New Orleans LA
Old November 29th 2014, 09:54 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
Pete Carrol's success is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

I love you, man. Oh yeah. I'm a huge Stanford fan. When we was at SC and that cheating scandal....ugh.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 30th 2014, 12:26 AM
These are my famous last words

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_NY_1 View Post
Wow x2!
Triple wows! So happy for you guys! I would love to hear "For All The Cows" live again (not to mention the other S/T songs they played)
Old November 30th 2014, 12:44 AM
Screams in silence

Quote:
I love you, man. Oh yeah. I'm a huge Stanford fan. When we was at SC and that cheating scandal....ugh.
I am a Bruin, so Stanford is hurting me right now, however I did like them when I was in high school. SC always has cheating scandals, he was so onboard. He also had his grad student girlfriend stay in the Malibu house the school let him have, so he could meet her there. When he got caught, he claimed she was doing research there for the football team. His wife pretended to buy it. Pure scum.