Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 12th 2016, 12:09 PM
Ubiquitous member

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Totally scored an Everywhere But Home DVD at a yard sale in Anchorage. $1.

😀
Old September 20th 2016, 01:20 PM
Have you found your way around

Just got the Goodbye Lament promo CD in the mail.
10-06-2010 Them Crooked Vultures, Heineken Music Hall
13-06-2011 Foo Fighters, Pinkpop

Deku Palace - Kraid's Lair - Storm Eagle
Old September 21st 2016, 05:19 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

At last a new addition to my collection.

A 2006 January/ February Tour Itinerary.

From the European leg of the In Your Honor tour.

I went to the show in Amsterdam, so it fits my collection in a personal way.

That makes three in my Foo Itinerary collection.

On to the next one.

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old October 2nd 2016, 08:10 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

I've been MIA in South Africa for some time and otherwise too busy with work to even talk to friends or family much in the last few months. Have grabbed a few things, many I've had to unpack so it's been like an early Christmas. Settled for a bit but no idea how long.

Fenway Pocketknife Artist Proof over in the poster thread. Didn't end up paying anywhere near the 300 asked so it was a good deal.

Think I posted about the 40x60" subway Exhausted promo poster that I got a while back. Ended up being able to back it up with the singles from the same seller - Cows and Stick. It's always bit of a lottery when you see several of such a rare thing listed, but when they arrive seal wrapped in thin rolled tubes covered in 20 years of grime you know you've struck gold.

40x60" BUS SHELTER POSTER~Foo Fighters 1995 For All The Cows
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282113300370

40x60" BUS SHELTER POSTER~Foo Fighters 1995 I'll Stick Around
www.ebay.com/itm/282078495301

Couple of other nice pickups...

3x Sonic Highways Sealed US Promo CDs $5 - yeah $5.00... WTF?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152231345457

Mike Watt Ball-Hog or Tugboat Sealed US Promo Longbox CD $13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331950106931

I'll Stick Around Red 7" 5 Euros
www.ebay.com/itm/122131911999

I still have the No 10 St C key and after the drama trying to give it away here I've decided I will keep it. As a 20 year memento I'll give it to whoever gets the Rough Mixes tape if I ever sell it. Sorry to all those that followed that attempt - it was genuine, but Jill wasn't happy and I had other serious shit going on so it died an instant death.
Old October 2nd 2016, 09:04 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

And now for some serious 20 year old shit out of nowhere.

Check the fuck out of these two pictures:

This Is A Call UK Promo Parlophone Cassette - backed with - hold on now, what the fuck??? EXHAUSTED!!

With a blink and you miss it (kinda, because you can't now see straight) lower down block letter "THE TAPE"

Now I'd LOVE to laugh at everyone and say I own this but I don't. I do know who does and they are not selling. I have permission to display and share because it's kinda crazy and important history wise.

I have never seen those two tracks together like that anywhere else before - not on a UK release... not on ANY release. The Call single is always backed with Winnebago & Podunk, or in it's minimalist form on say the Aussie cassingle then just Winnebago. And Exhausted as a US 12 inch promo was also backed with Winnebago. And of course as actual physical releases at least, Exhausted 12" went US only and Call everywhere else in multi formats (even including Canada).

Supposedly Exhausted was out a week before Call but I actually believe that the single sided Call and the Exhausted 12" came out at promo parties at the same time - though that's still kinda anecdotal evidence. But either way, NOBODY got these two tracks together as a single and nobody has ever shown them in isolated form paired together before.

So what then to make of the fact that Parlophone UK were throwing around a high quality CrO2 promo tape with Call backed with Exhausted?

1) Were they considering that as an A/B match for the UK single release?

2) Or were they considering WHICH of those two songs would be the best A side for the UK release?

It pretty much has to be one of those situations... so there's a great new question for the fooniverse to probably forever wonder about without a real answer lol

Either way that means this tape almost certainly predates all the actual releases and QUITE probably the original US REAL full promo as well.

Which the same source also has....

And is also super interesting because:

* Alban has it
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2557481

* But it's NOT the same - the front cover is different!

Both have Tower Mastering and this new one the 26th May 95 date, Alban's exact date is impossible to read, but it looks like May and maybe 23rd vs 26th. Which kinda makes sense since his says just Side A and lists all the tracks in one block, vs the one here having the split into side A/B

That would indicate:

* It's highly likely that these could be test copies of mastering, and definitely test copies of layout. They MAY not even be the final audio master, although all the track run times appear final and the dates are very close together.

* They are both WAY before the next closest release which is the advance promo - where everything has been nailed down for final release
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2557456

The years are still giving up the secrets hidden under Dave's bed lol
Old October 3rd 2016, 05:59 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

ok...

You just kinds blew me away there.

This sh#t is awesome!

Thanks for sharing

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old October 8th 2016, 05:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Awesome Foo history!
Old October 16th 2016, 05:22 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

I love when everyone's asleep in the "off season"

Mint first ever Foo Fighters T-Shirt from 1995 $22.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131962493776

Old October 16th 2016, 12:35 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post

Very nice!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old October 16th 2016, 02:22 PM
Everything fades in time it's true...

Very nice indeed! Couldn't believe my luck last night either.

Canadian Have a Cigar promo for around C$34 including postage on eBay.
Been chasing this for around 7-8 years and missed out on the last one due
to price.
The O2 Arena 18-1-07
Wembley Stadium 6 & 7-8-08
Milton Keynes Bowl 3-7-11
Reading Festival 26-8-12
AccorHotels Arena 3-7-17
The O2 Arena 19-9-17
The Royal Albert Hall 21-9-17
Etihad Stadium 19-6-18
London Stadium 22 & 23-6-18
Pula Arena 18 & 19-6-19
Bellahouston Park 17-8-19
Vital Festival 19-8-19
RDS Arena 21-8-19
Leeds Festival 23-8-19
Reading Festival 25-8-19

Dave's Foo Flickr
Old October 17th 2016, 12:19 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_patch View Post
Very nice indeed! Couldn't believe my luck last night either.

Canadian Have a Cigar promo for around C$34 including postage on eBay.
Been chasing this for around 7-8 years and missed out on the last one due
to price.
Nice grab - definitely a very good price. I think it took me 11 years for that one - it was definitely one that pissed me off over and over again too lol.
Old October 19th 2016, 03:48 PM
Everything fades in time it's true...

Yeah, I'm really glad it wasn't an auction!
I think I've done OK for waiting 8 or so years, only missed out on 2 in that time and both sold for more than £60 I think.
The O2 Arena 18-1-07
Wembley Stadium 6 & 7-8-08
Milton Keynes Bowl 3-7-11
Reading Festival 26-8-12
AccorHotels Arena 3-7-17
The O2 Arena 19-9-17
The Royal Albert Hall 21-9-17
Etihad Stadium 19-6-18
London Stadium 22 & 23-6-18
Pula Arena 18 & 19-6-19
Bellahouston Park 17-8-19
Vital Festival 19-8-19
RDS Arena 21-8-19
Leeds Festival 23-8-19
Reading Festival 25-8-19

Dave's Foo Flickr
Old October 23rd 2016, 05:47 PM
Send in the congregation...

Hi all, am considering trimming my collection right down. It is simply sitting there not doing a lot and I haven't added to it seriously for years. My discogs name is Dave_h... Take a look if you fancy and drop me a msg there - any sales will go through my discogs login etc.
Brixton 99/Reading 00/Brixton 00/Brixton 00/V2001 Staff/V2001 Chelms/Oxegen 02/T in the Park 02/Reading 02/Astoria 02/CD:UK 02/Manchester 02/Newcastle 02/Birmingham 02/Cardiff 02/Wembley 02/Wembley 02/V2003 Chelms/V2003 Staff/Glasgow Green 03/Oxegen 05/Reading 05/Earls Court 05/Apollo Victoria 06/Hyde Park 06/Brighton 07/'606' @ V2007 Chelmsford/V2007 Chelmsford/O2 Arena 07/Wembley 08/Brixton 11/MK Bowl 11/MK Bowl day 2/Belfast 21/8/12/MK Bowl 6/9/15
Old October 24th 2016, 08:10 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Original 1995 RollingStone band premiere poster - with some old school squiggles from Pat & Nate

Always wanted one but never bothered, can't really go wrong at $45 - when we've been paying how much for the 20th stuff

Nice "out of the dungeon" COA too - gotta love the 20 year old "facelifts' that actually near match the poster lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122194004716

Old October 24th 2016, 09:55 PM
Send in the congregation...

I have updated my Discogs and astounded myself at how much I have amassed, particularly as it doesn't take into consideration t shirts etc. Makes me realise why I left uni with debt!
Brixton 99/Reading 00/Brixton 00/Brixton 00/V2001 Staff/V2001 Chelms/Oxegen 02/T in the Park 02/Reading 02/Astoria 02/CD:UK 02/Manchester 02/Newcastle 02/Birmingham 02/Cardiff 02/Wembley 02/Wembley 02/V2003 Chelms/V2003 Staff/Glasgow Green 03/Oxegen 05/Reading 05/Earls Court 05/Apollo Victoria 06/Hyde Park 06/Brighton 07/'606' @ V2007 Chelmsford/V2007 Chelmsford/O2 Arena 07/Wembley 08/Brixton 11/MK Bowl 11/MK Bowl day 2/Belfast 21/8/12/MK Bowl 6/9/15
Old October 28th 2016, 07:44 AM
I'll Stick Around

I'm in London for the next few days. Any cool record stores to look for Foo stuff while I'm here? Thanks
Old November 2nd 2016, 11:54 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Within about a minute of them posting it on their social media pages, I bought one of the personalised Owl shirts.
Old November 3rd 2016, 12:55 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
Within about a minute of them posting it on their social media pages, I bought one of the personalised Owl shirts.
--------------------------------------------------
Get your own, personalized Foo Fighters raglan in time for the holidays! All shirts are printed on a 100% cotton, grey/black raglan tee. The new 'Owl' design is printed on the front and the number 16 is printed on the back. You may select the name to be printed on the back of the shirt.

These are only available for a limited time. All orders must be placed by 11:59 PM PST on November 10th.

Names are limited to 12 characters. Due to the customized nature of this product, this item cannot be returned or refunded. Once an order is submitted, changes cannot be made and the order cannot be cancelled. Damaged items will be exchanged for the same item. Orders that contain any offensive language, slurs, or innuendos will be cancelled and customers refunded any monies collected.
So the hunt is now on for the best 12 characters! Sad for anyone that wanted to use their name and it is longer than 12

And they made sure to make it long enough for the boring old collectors lol "Foo Fighters" is 12.

UPDATE - Facebook

Tim Connolly Can I get one that says "My Name" instead of "Your Name"?
Foo Fighters If you really want to, yes. Yes you can.
Like · 147 · 3 hrs

Last edited by FooZealand : November 3rd 2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old November 3rd 2016, 01:33 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

So my Foo world of karma carries on strong for another year. And the historic events that unfold just seem to get older and older and even more bizarre. I won the original 95 tour shirt (above - pics below) for a ridiculously low price.

I flicked the seller an email to say how much I appreciated it and where it was going - just because he'd written a great description, taken excellent photos, and had it straight in the mail.

He sent me a really nice hey back and said thanks, and that it meant a lot to know it will be looked after. And says he followed them pretty closely back in the day - and even wrote an article on them, and that I could check it out if I wanted.

So I finally got around to having a look... and seriously holy shit:

http://rulefortytwo.com/articles-essays/music/nirvana/

And there was another after Kurt died:

http://rulefortytwo.com/articles-ess...c/kurt-cobain/

And the name bugged the hell out of me - and then looking it up I understood why.

I bought this shirt from Gavin Edwards: Rolling Stone contributing editor, author of 8 books and man who realigned Kurt's spine on the German tour leg in 1991.

If you never have you need to read these two articles.

-----------------------------------------
Some excerpts:

I drive past urban strip malls and motels as Dave perches his feet on the dashboard and smokes. Of Nirvana’s three members, Dave’s changed the least since Nevermind: He’s just as affable and easygoing as when I first met him two years ago. He points out the dealership where he bought two go-carts; he rides them in his backyard. He strongly implies that this is a healthier hobby than the firearms that Chris and Kurt now both own. Twenty-four years old, Dave’s still coming to terms with being an adult. Despite getting engaged, owning a house, and investing money with Merrill Lynch, he doesn’t feel grown up.

He recognizes that people don’t have any image of him beyond “the drummer in Nirvana,” which is the way he likes it. He knows he lacks “star quality”: “I get in front of a camera and I have the same smile I did for my class picture sophomore year of high school.” Being a celebrity disorients Dave. “This is all crazy and amusing, but not anything I’d want to put on a résumé.” Would he have been happier if Nevermind had sold half as many copies? He laughs. “Well, yeah, but then it still would have sold four million.”

For reasons that he hasn’t fully understood, maybe because he’s struggling with the meaning of fame, Dave has been having recurring dreams about Eddie Vedder. For example:

“My sister and I are at the zoo. We see this guy painted silver, wearing a Speedo bathing suit, with a bathing cap on—all silver—and it’s Eddie Vedder, trying to disguise himself. I walk up to him and say, ‘Eddie, I know that’s you.’ He goes, ‘Dave, how ya doin’, man?’ And then he takes my hand and puts my finger in his mouth, and he keeps talking while he’s sucking on my finger…. Paging Dr. Freud!”

Dave’s put aside a chunk of money so he can go back to school someday. He’s a high school dropout but wants to finish college. Chris thinks he’ll end up at his farmhouse, growing apples and potatoes, “running with the elk.” They both know not to expect a lifetime with Nirvana. Kurt also wishes he had gone to college. “I’ll probably go back to school when I’m forty,” he says.

“I’m looking forward to a few more years of playing with this band. Then a few years later I might say a few years more. I don’t try to predict the future, but I know I’m not going to be rich for the rest of my life. I have money now, but within ten years we’ll blow it. I’ll have to get a job or have a solo career or something equally embarrassing.”
-----------------------------------------

Last edited by FooZealand : November 3rd 2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old November 3rd 2016, 07:25 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Woah. That's brilliant. What a great story for that t-shirt.

Quote:
Get your own, personalized Foo Fighters raglan in time for the holidays! All shirts are printed on a 100% cotton, grey/black raglan tee. The new 'Owl' design is printed on the front and the number 16 is printed on the back. You may select the name to be printed on the back of the shirt.

These are only available for a limited time. All orders must be placed by 11:59 PM PST on November 10th.

Names are limited to 12 characters. Due to the customized nature of this product, this item cannot be returned or refunded. Once an order is submitted, changes cannot be made and the order cannot be cancelled. Damaged items will be exchanged for the same item. Orders that contain any offensive language, slurs, or innuendos will be cancelled and customers refunded any monies collected.
So the hunt is now on for the best 12 characters! Sad for anyone that wanted to use their name and it is longer than 12

And they made sure to make it long enough for the boring old collectors lol "Foo Fighters" is 12.

UPDATE - Facebook

Tim Connolly Can I get one that says "My Name" instead of "Your Name"?
Foo Fighters If you really want to, yes. Yes you can.
Like · 147 · 3 hrs
I saw that, did make me chuckle. There's going to be a huge mix of names being printed on them, but I reckon a lot of Foo Fighters.

I have been considering a new tee, and had to go for it when it came up. Just a shame it only appeared on the US store. No idea whether I'll get hit with import tax when it comes over.