Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 12th 2014, 09:31 PM
my tits are also out for Simon

Default Realistic Setlist Wishes

So now that the real tour is starting what are your realistic setlist wishes. By realistic I mean it probably won't happen but it's not completely out of the question. I think most of us here who consider ourselves the "hardcore" would love to see a set full of Wind Up, Gimme Stitches, Wattershed, Walking a Line, whatever your favourite deep cuts are. However, I think we all also agree there is no way that is going to happen. So with those loose parameters what are you hoping for? I'll go first.

- I'll Stick Around and Hey Johnny Park stay in the setlist on a regular basis

- All My Life as the opener (I know they typically open with a song off the latest album but I don't think there is one on Sonic Highways that works)

- Play Stacked Actors but play it how it is on the album. I love the song but the 10 minute version is kinda played out.

- I'm not crazy about Best of You but I realize it's a hit and is going to be played. With that said move it up early in the set before Dave's voice is completely shot.

- Lose the covers. There's no way a band with 8 albums should be doing three or four covers a night. I think it was Simon who first speculated they do covers and Cold Day to give Dave's voice a break. That's probably true but the band has some songs in their own catalogue that would work. Miracle sounded great on Letterman and is easy on the voice. See You, Up In Arms, Ain't It The Life, even Low are all songs that are sung, not screamed and are relatively easy on a singer's voice. Mixing one or two of these songs in the set every night and not having three or four screamy songs in a row would go a long way to helping Dave's voice make it through a tour.

- More Aurora
Old December 12th 2014, 09:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Realistic Setlist Wishes

I would love to see an acoustic mini set midway through. I would love to here Home on this tour!
Old December 12th 2014, 09:45 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T. View Post
So now that the real tour is starting what are your realistic setlist wishes. By realistic I mean it probably won't happen but it's not completely out of the question. I think most of us here who consider ourselves the "hardcore" would love to see a set full of Wind Up, Gimme Stitches, Wattershed, Walking a Line, whatever your favourite deep cuts are. However, I think we all also agree there is no way that is going to happen. So with those loose parameters what are you hoping for? I'll go first.

- I'll Stick Around and Hey Johnny Park stay in the setlist on a regular basis

- All My Life as the opener (I know they typically open with a song off the latest album but I don't think there is one on Sonic Highways that works)

- Play Stacked Actors but play it how it is on the album. I love the song but the 10 minute version is kinda played out.

- I'm not crazy about Best of You but I realize it's a hit and is going to be played. With that said move it up early in the set before Dave's voice is completely shot.

- Lose the covers. There's no way a band with 8 albums should be doing three or four covers a night. I think it was Simon who first speculated they do covers and Cold Day to give Dave's voice a break. That's probably true but the band has some songs in their own catalogue that would work. Miracle sounded great on Letterman and is easy on the voice. See You, Up In Arms, Ain't It The Life, even Low are all songs that are sung, not screamed and are relatively easy on a singer's voice. Mixing one or two of these songs in the set every night and not having three or four screamy songs in a row would go a long way to helping Dave's voice make it through a tour.

- More Aurora
Less Aurora!
Halo
Long Road to Ruin

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old December 12th 2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Less Aurora!
Halo
Long Road to Ruin
I'd kill to hear Halo.
Old December 12th 2014, 09:52 PM
The Boss

Quote:
I'd kill to hear Halo.
I don't know about kill, but I would hump Dave's leg if he ever played it.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old December 12th 2014, 10:01 PM
Have you found your way around

Something from Nothing
Hey Johnny Park
Wind Up
Enough Space
New Way Home
Come Alive
Low
Halo
Generator
I'll Stick Around
Wattershed
For All the Cows
Alone + Easy Target
Walking After You
Another Round
Razor
Aurora
Over and Out
Bridge Burning
Miss the Misery
I Should Have Known
Subterranean
FFL

These are all just songs I'd love to hear them do during a show. Some I've heard them do; some I wish they'd do. They are in no particular order. I know I am in the minority when I say that I do not mind them doing covers. For me, I enjoy seeing them having a good time and cutting loose a little for someone else's song. It kind of makes me feel like I'm watching them practice or in someone's basement.

Old December 12th 2014, 10:05 PM
A star burned out

I saw them play HJP, For All the Cows, Enough Space and Generator last tour. after that I'm down for whatever playlist they come up with
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old December 12th 2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
I saw them play HJP, For All the Cows, Enough Space and Generator last tour. after that I'm down for whatever playlist they come up with
I've seen them all except Enough Space. Certainly that is realistic since they were playing it earlier over in the UK!
Old December 12th 2014, 10:27 PM
Polite as fuck

No covers. Those are my wishes.
Old December 12th 2014, 10:29 PM
Ready on your mark

- More 'Long Road To Ruin'
- They've already said in a South African interview that they're cutting the 'Stacked Actors' epic jams and the backstage cam
- If they're not going to do 'Wheels' anymore but they still want a break in the set, bring back 'Tired Of You'
- I wholeheartedly agree re: covers. They've got 20 years of material, they have absolutely no need to pad out their set. Their stuff is strong enough. One, sure, but not five or six. Shit's getting ridiculous. If I want to see a cover band, i'll go to my corner pub where it'll be much, much cheaper.
- 'My Poor Brain'
- I know it's supposed to be a realistic wishlist but i'll be rooting for 'Walking A Line' until we all fall off the perch
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old December 12th 2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussFoo View Post
I would love to see an acoustic mini set midway through. I would love to here Home on this tour!
This is another idea that would help with Dave's voice. Even if it is just three or four it would be a nice break for him about 10 or 12 songs in.

Marigold
Times Like These
Ain't It The Life
and then But Honestly to get back into the "rawk"

Not always those songs but it's an example.
Old December 13th 2014, 12:30 AM

Wow I haven't thought of Walking A Line in forever.
In my dreams HJP would never leave the setlist. They could play HJP and then Learn To Fly 20 times and all I'd remember is that they played HJP
The covers are played out and certainly take up precious list real estate but I do enjoy their version of Breakdown.

A combination of the Black Cat and Seattle setlists would make me really happy. New Way Home, Aurora, and so much self titled stuff. Would lose my mind to see them play For All The Cows more often.

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old December 13th 2014, 01:22 AM
Ready on your mark

Quote:
This is another idea that would help with Dave's voice. Even if it is just three or four it would be a nice break for him about 10 or 12 songs in.

Marigold
Times Like These
Ain't It The Life
and then But Honestly to get back into the "rawk"

Not always those songs but it's an example.
Putting the smokes down again . That'd also help with his voice.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old December 13th 2014, 01:29 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm onboard with dropping the covers, or at least cutting them down to one or maybe two. Also, it would be nice if they stopped doing the instrumental jams in the middle of nearly all of their hits, I know they're an arena rock band, but seriously, don't drag the songs on longer than they absolutely need to go.

This isn't a realistic wish, but I'd love to hear the band play songs like "Milk" just for the hell of it. More realistically, I'd love to hear "Exhausted" or "X-Static" when I see them.
Old December 13th 2014, 02:38 AM
Never knowing who to believe

#1) Two or three brand new cover songs would be really cool.

#2) Give Best of You and Learn To Fly a rest. Replace those with two deep album tracks that change from show-to-show.

#3) Get rid of the fake encore- it doesn't fool anyone. I know they need a few minutes to chill and use the bathroom, but there's got to be another way to do it that doesn't waste fifteen/twenty minutes while diluting the mood.

That sounds pretty practical to me.

Old December 13th 2014, 02:39 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
I'd kill to hear Halo.
I really love this song too. It's too bad they've treated it like a throwaway, because it is one of the best songs on OBO.

Old December 13th 2014, 02:51 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Cut out Learn to Fly, all the covers, and the jam sessions.

Play Aurora, IYH, Enough Space.
Old December 13th 2014, 03:16 AM
There's something out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stacked Actor View Post

#2) Give Best of You and Learn To Fly a rest. Replace those with two deep album tracks that change from show-to-show.
I promise I'm an actual fan of the band, but I haven't seen them live yet and Best of You is on the very short list of songs I'd actually legitimately be a little bit bummed if they didn't play *hides* (most of the others i want to see the most are long-shots so I would be less dissapointed because I wouldn't actually expect them)

Last edited by SlipKid815 : December 13th 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old December 13th 2014, 10:38 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stacked Actor View Post
I can see Learn to Fly taking a break but not Best of You, I don't think that one's going anywhere any time soon.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old December 13th 2014, 10:57 AM
The Sidekick

I noticed a while ago they had dropped Stacked Actors, they've not played it at all since the Mexico 2013 shows whereas before that it was at pretty much every full length show.

I've said it elsewhere but I would like to see the covers go. Back in the day it used to be a special rarity, where they would bust out a previously unheard cover and then never do it again, or just a handful of times. When you went to a show and they did a rare performance of say 'Darling Nikki' or 'Baker Street' it was a nice treat. Now they're just becoming a cover band for 3-5 songs in every show as if they're set regulars. 'Young Man Blues' seems to have finally gone but now we have other regular covers. They need relegating back to 'every now and again IMO.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.