Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 1st 2011, 10:23 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Dingwalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohlsgurl View Post
Hey,

Not a regular poster on here more of a lurker but a massive foo fighters fan all the same (im into double figures of seeing them live). I had a ticket for the NME Awards and was staying with a friend and had booked to travel back on the Friday and Friday came and I decided to stay ended up going to Wembley which was fun. So Saturday morning came and I was a mess waiting for news of this rumoured gig and didn't want to miss it as I had missed Dingwalls 1.0! Saw the link on the Foos facebook page and went into complete meltdown I was physically shaking when booking my ticket and cried once it was all confirmed - this band mean more than anything to me. So once myself and my friend pulled ourselves together we headed off to Dingwalls and got there around 3.30 and saw a few familiar faces. The queue was good fun and the security guy was so cool and was chatting to everyone making an effort and decided to call me Sheffield and its kinda stuck I guess! Now onto the gig itself, what can I say? I ended up at the front inbetwen Dave & Nate and managed to stick it out until after All My Life but the crowd behind me were pushing loads so I echo what people were saying about the more casual fan being there. But the boys didn;t dissapoint one bit it was without a shadow of a doubt one of the best gigs ever. They played an amazing setlist I love it when the play the older stuff. Tried hanging round for the bamd after but they had gone. The last week was one of the best ever - it was just what I needed as I was going through quite a low period in terms of how I felt about life and being in a job that I don't want to do (I want to work in media) and this week really pulled me through and was one of the best weeks of my life. And staying in London was the best decision I made. Finally, thanks to the band for all the good memories and times.

Amy aka Sheffield
sounds like youd been having about as good a time as i have been with job/life stuff, im glad you managed to get tickets and have such a fantastic time
the boys have picked me up so many times, none more so than on saturday! i still cant stop grinning
Old March 1st 2011, 10:39 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Seems it was.
Ahhh... that made Dave's namechecking of him make more sense... I wondered who he was.

I wasn't too impressed with the band... but hey ho!
Old March 1st 2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Seems it was.
Yeah that's them!

The namedrop definitely makes more sense, i had no idea who dave meant when he mentioned the lead singers name!

Maybe it was the 'liar' part of their name that i heard as 'fire'....

"Sometimes I feel I'm getting stuck...Between the handshake and the FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK...."

Dingwalls 2.0...Officially the best night of my life <3
Old March 2nd 2011, 06:46 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Sorry I'm just now posting this, had to wait 5 days to be approved to post on this board for the first time, wish I'd joined way back.

The link I saw came up on my regular Facebook feed and simply said 'Foo Fighters have shared a link', this was at 2pm on Saturday, Zane tweeted at 2.14pm, tickets sold out at 2.22pm. He definitely should not have tweeted it IMO.

I was lucky enough to check my Facebook feed and see the link the second it came up, so me and my friends all got tickets, but some of them couldn't see the link even though they were members of the same Facebook group and were checking their feed, for some reason it didn't show in everyone's, we have no idea why.

I was lucky enough to meet Dave as he entered Dingwalls, managed to step behind security guard and get my arm around him for a picture which stopped him carrying on straight into the venue. Really was the best Foos week ever after being in the pit at the NME Awards and front and centre at Wembley.
Old March 2nd 2011, 07:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomingAndy View Post
Really was the best Foos week ever after being in the pit at the NME Awards and front and centre at Wembley.
Are you still smiling, or has the post-gig comedown kicked in yet?
Old March 2nd 2011, 08:07 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The support were quite decent although the lead singer was clearly smashed throughout it - I dont even think he knew he was supporting the Foo Fighters, he was so out of it hahaha
Old March 2nd 2011, 08:18 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footoo's View Post
The support were quite decent although the lead singer was clearly smashed throughout it - I dont even think he knew he was supporting the Foo Fighters, he was so out of it hahaha
I didn't rate them, but each to their own I don't know if the singer was new to the band, as he had lyric sheets for all the songs on the floor!
Old March 2nd 2011, 08:31 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

There was support!?!?
Old March 2nd 2011, 08:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
There was support!?!?
There was indeed
Old March 2nd 2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
There was indeed
Well I never!
Old March 3rd 2011, 10:31 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq88 View Post
sounds like youd been having about as good a time as i have been with job/life stuff, im glad you managed to get tickets and have such a fantastic time
the boys have picked me up so many times, none more so than on saturday! i still cant stop grinning
Totally agree i was so so low (still live with my parents which is a shit) and I work in accounts and I don't want to do this forever so was really low seemed just to be going to work and home and that is it! So this just lifted me out of that completely thank god. I want to work in media but is so tough planning on getting mv CV out to loads of companies this weekend. Realistically I think a lot of the kind of work I want is in London so even though I'm with the parents im going to save like crazy to try and actually get somewhere. Any advice too would be ace!! Thank god for this band eh?!
25/08/02 Leeds 16/11/02 MEN 15/12/02 La Bataclan Paris 17/08/03 V Fest 20/08/03 Mean Fiddler 24/08/03 Glasgow Green 09/07/05 TITP 24/08/05 Astoria 28/08/05 Leeds 12/11/05 NIC 14/12/05 MEN 14/06/06 Apollo Victoria 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/06/06 LCCG 19/08/07 V Fest x 2 03/11/07 MEN 12/11/07 Sheffield 06/02/08 COMS 06/06/08 Wembley 07/06/08 Wembley 23/2/11 Brixton 25/2/11 Wembley Arena 26/2/11 Dingwalls 2/7/11 MK 3/7/11 MK 11/7/11 iTunes 24/8/12 Leeds 27/5/15 LCCG 5/9/15 MK
Old March 3rd 2011, 10:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Post Re: Dingwalls

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old March 3rd 2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohlsgurl View Post
Totally agree i was so so low (still live with my parents which is a shit) and I work in accounts and I don't want to do this forever so was really low seemed just to be going to work and home and that is it! So this just lifted me out of that completely thank god. I want to work in media but is so tough planning on getting mv CV out to loads of companies this weekend. Realistically I think a lot of the kind of work I want is in London so even though I'm with the parents im going to save like crazy to try and actually get somewhere. Any advice too would be ace!! Thank god for this band eh?!
Amen to that, thank god for the Foos

I live at home too
And last friday I had a total melt down and quit work, which was supposed to be my first step on the road to my dream job. Now I'm stuck at home jobless and pretty lost as to what direction to go in. At least I have something to do with all my free hours! Youtubing videos from the weekend and trying to relive the magic. Keeping the dream alive
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Old March 4th 2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq88 View Post
Amen to that, thank god for the Foos

I live at home too
And last friday I had a total melt down and quit work, which was supposed to be my first step on the road to my dream job. Now I'm stuck at home jobless and pretty lost as to what direction to go in. At least I have something to do with all my free hours! Youtubing videos from the weekend and trying to relive the magic. Keeping the dream alive
Sometimes, you gotta do shit like that to get where you want to be...!
Old March 4th 2011, 04:37 PM
Look for the helpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Sometimes, you gotta do shit like that to get where you want to be...!
Innit.
Fresh start from scratch!
Old March 5th 2011, 01:34 PM
Have you found your way around

One week on a follow up:

Just got out of hospital having spent two days on heavy duty painkillers under constant observation.

After the gig on Saturday I was a bit hoarse and a bit sore, which is only to be expected right? Except then the pain in my chest and shoulder that i's put down to being at the front for the full 3 hours got worse, and worse, and I got more and more hoarse, and started coughing, and every time I coughed it felt like I was beige stabbed in the back. I woke up on Tuesday in excruciating pain, and went crying to A&E at 8 am.

They prodded and poked and ran a bunch of tests, one of which came back testing positive for a possible blood clot on my lung. Cue heart monitors, needles in every bloody vein, injections of anticoagulants in my stomach, and a cat scan with dye pumped around my system. Plus lots and lots of painkillers.

In the end it turned out there wasn't a clot (yay!), It was bruising an ligament damage caused by being pushed from behind for 3 hours, exacerbated by the cough virus that yep, I caught in the pit.

So, a week of pain and two days of he'll in hospital, was it with it?

Fuck yes.
Sister give me back the strength of my own missing link to the earth."

- Seren Florence,
1985-2005

Sweet dreams lovely, you'll be missed.

space
Old March 5th 2011, 03:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll_face View Post
So, a week of pain and two days of hell in hospital, was it with it?

Fuck yes.
Indeed! Glad to hear that you're better, but what a shitty week
Old March 5th 2011, 11:57 PM

Aaaahhhhh....this time last week

"Sometimes I feel I'm getting stuck...Between the handshake and the FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK...."

Dingwalls 2.0...Officially the best night of my life <3
Old March 6th 2011, 03:26 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll_face View Post
One week on a follow up:

Just got out of hospital having spent two days on heavy duty painkillers under constant observation.

After the gig on Saturday I was a bit hoarse and a bit sore, which is only to be expected right? Except then the pain in my chest and shoulder that i's put down to being at the front for the full 3 hours got worse, and worse, and I got more and more hoarse, and started coughing, and every time I coughed it felt like I was beige stabbed in the back. I woke up on Tuesday in excruciating pain, and went crying to A&E at 8 am.

They prodded and poked and ran a bunch of tests, one of which came back testing positive for a possible blood clot on my lung. Cue heart monitors, needles in every bloody vein, injections of anticoagulants in my stomach, and a cat scan with dye pumped around my system. Plus lots and lots of painkillers.

In the end it turned out there wasn't a clot (yay!), It was bruising an ligament damage caused by being pushed from behind for 3 hours, exacerbated by the cough virus that yep, I caught in the pit.

So, a week of pain and two days of he'll in hospital, was it with it?

Fuck yes.
Congratulations, you've just destroyed Jamie in the "best FF gig related hospital trip" stakes!
Old March 6th 2011, 06:48 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Walk@ Dingwalls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0bY1bGznw