Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 22nd 2011, 11:14 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: La Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Lucky for B.Purist to have awesome seats every time,
It's not that I have awesome seats everytime or neccessarily luck. It's standards. "Just as long as I'm in the building" is no longer my mantra as it was in my 20's. The times I have done that, when the seats aren't within the required range, I've felt like an outsider looking in rather than a concert participant. It just wasn't worth it. I prepare either by saving the funds, being part of the fan club (for whatever band) and on top of presale opportunities.

I don't panic and jump on the first crappy seats that come up when tickets go on sale at 10 AM. Sometimes that means not going to the show at all if no reasonable seat opportunity comes up.
Old June 22nd 2011, 11:21 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by white devil 67 View Post
For me, the Forum is just fine. I'm going to see Foo Fighters, not the decor of the arena.
I agree in that it is fine. I think some posters got a little over-dramatic about the area. No, Inglewood isn't posh and yes, you need to park your car in the venue lot. No, you don't want to stay at a nearby motel, either. But you aren't going to get shot and mugged in the lot or carjacked while making your way through the streets to the venue Streets are designed to get you in and out quickly with clear paths to and from the freeways.

It's a classic venue with a storied history. When it comes to the Foos, just think of the All My Life video.
Old June 22nd 2011, 08:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

I can understand everyone's reservations about the venue, but honestly I really don't think its that bad. Just saw Prince there, and was in nose-bleed zone, and the show was fantastic. Sound was good- yeah, the place is old and has 70's style decor- but that won't detract from a performance from an awesome band! I can't think of a better place for a '3 hour sweaty rock show'! Cannot wait!!
Old June 28th 2011, 01:25 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpal View Post
I can understand everyone's reservations about the venue, but honestly I really don't think its that bad. Just saw Prince there, and was in nose-bleed zone, and the show was fantastic. Sound was good- yeah, the place is old and has 70's style decor- but that won't detract from a performance from an awesome band! I can't think of a better place for a '3 hour sweaty rock show'! Cannot wait!!
I prefer the Forum to Staples. Staples would be good if the Foos played 'We Will Rock You' and 'Rock 'N Roll (pt. 1)' and chants of "DEE!!!"... "FENCE!!!". Because those don't sound bad echoing off 360 degrees of three stories of glass fronted luxury boxes.
The Forum has history... not that it matters, I supposed. But... that is the stage that hosted Led Zeppelin's 4 consecutive nights in 1975... and the Who playing 'Quadrophenia' in '73... and Queen and Wings and Nirvana... that counts for something, right?
I got my GenAdm tix for both nights... see you all there.
Old June 28th 2011, 03:21 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I prefer the Forum to Staples. Staples would be good if the Foos played 'We Will Rock You' and 'Rock 'N Roll (pt. 1)' and chants of "DEE!!!"... "FENCE!!!". Because those don't sound bad echoing off 360 degrees of three stories of glass fronted luxury boxes.
The Forum has history... not that it matters, I supposed. But... that is the stage that hosted Led Zeppelin's 4 consecutive nights in 1975... and the Who playing 'Quadrophenia' in '73... and Queen and Wings and Nirvana... that counts for something, right?
I'll see you there both nights Cosmo!

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old July 4th 2011, 07:15 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Ha Ha! Agreed! A show at the Forum is way better than at Staples Center. I will be among the masses both eves as well!
Old July 9th 2011, 08:24 PM
Have you found your way around

Hey I am travelling to LA for those concerts anyone who wants to join me on the queue to save my place, I need to pick up my Will Call ticket and then run away until the barrier.

"If you think about it with an open mind, music can be nameless, it can be faceless - it can just be music"
Old July 9th 2011, 08:45 PM
Holds pencils incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemee View Post
The Hollywood Bowl would of been a great choice as well. I just can not bring myself to go to The Forum.
they have a super early curfew. no thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Currently, I have an extra ticket for Friday. Let me know if your nephew needs one.
tempting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
I've opted for loge seats for night #1

The forum isn't that bad & their security guards were great last time I was there.