Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 5th 2017, 01:12 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Current setlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
They did Dirty Water. I think Arrows and Make It right might've been on the actual set list, but they weren't played.

They opened with Aurora at the Metro gig and will probably be one of the moments from live concerts I'll always remember. They definitely had the right audience for it that night!
I couldn't believe it either. I still bet more than 1/2 that audience didn't know what the opener was when they started. That was great
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2012
Milwaukee, WI Wasting Light Tour 2012
Cubby Bear, Sonic Highways Chicago, 2014
Indianapolis, Sonic Highways IN 2015
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2017
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 5th 2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler00Hex View Post
I bet Cold Day in the Sun will essentially be retired and replaced by Sunday Rain.
I hope. Itís good! Cold Day in the Sun is my time to pee -
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 6th 2017, 08:10 PM
Ubiquitous member

They only played 12 songs in NOLA at Voodoo.

Run and The Sky Is A Neighborhood from the new LP, I don't remember any Sonic Highways tracks. Taylor sang one song: Under Pressure toward the end. Just before Everlong.
Old November 8th 2017, 10:51 AM

I gave up seeing them in 2008 after I'd seen almost exactly the same set every time. I think it was a lot worse in those days though. They definitely vary it more nowadays. The 'rarities' I've seen are probably:

Have It All,
Enough Space,
Disenchanted Lullaby
Marrigold (though I know it was played a lot on that tour, was nice to see)
The One
Tired
No way Back
Shake Your Blood w Lemmy
Let It Die
But Honestly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old November 8th 2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
I gave up seeing them in 2008 after I'd seen almost exactly the same set every time. I think it was a lot worse in those days though. They definitely vary it more nowadays...
Same for me, I was done earlier, but then I went for the Acoustic tour (as I knew that would be significantly different) but I don't have the same excitement anymore. I said it before, we are spoiled these days, myself included, with easy access to bootlegs ... that makes it more monotonous, as now we've heard the same live songs far too often.

I did go to one show, citi field, last tour, but it was more to hang out with friends. It was cool to see the "throne" up close, and Royal Blood kicked serious ass as the opening act.
Old November 9th 2017, 02:47 PM
Button up, don't make a sound

I've been tracking their set lists this tour and they are making slight changes. Aside from the festival set at Voodoo, they've been playing Make It Right in all the arenas until last night, they switched it out for The Line which I think is a good move. I still think they need to add La Dee Da in the consistent rotation. It's been since the 10/14 Richmond show that they did it. People were complaining about covers and they did 4 last night out of 25 songs.

Throw out the abnormal Richmond lengthy set list (31 songs) and festivals and the # of songs has ranged from 25 to 27. They were playing Enough Space on the first 4 shows but have dropped it the last 5. Oh and Cold Day in the Sun has returned. 3 of the last 3 arena shows.
7/26/2018 - Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN (Indy)

Last edited by Boiler00Hex : November 9th 2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old November 9th 2017, 10:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think the current setlist is fine! Diversified enough for me and they are giving you more songs from their set than what you would see from other big artists. Sure would love to see them make more changes between shows (like PJ does), but all in all I think this is shaping out to to be one of their best tours! You can count on them to put forth lots of energy!
Old November 9th 2017, 11:48 PM

I always love the shows but this is not my favorite set list for them.

#1 - I hate all my life in position 2. I feel like thatís a song you build up to thatís about halfway through. Iím not ready at song 2 and it loses its punch.

#2 - I canít believe Iím saying this -my favorite song of the night last night was the AC/DC cover. Dave seemed to enjoy himself a lot singing it and everyone else playing it. They were warmed up now got really into it and it was great.

#3 I have no problem with the back up singers on the album but I feel like live itís weird. There are some great songs on the current album they need some layers peeled off. Dirty Water raw and live like at the Metro.

#4 I feel like he could be bored with his own set list and he also 1/2 apologized for the back up singers we donít usually do this kind of a thing. almost like not comfortable with it.

#5 I donít want to hear monkey wrench again I donít want to hear break out again both of those songs can go. He usually says something like one of these for the old-school fans and I want to say no thatís not what we want to hear.

#6 I realize there are certain songs youíre never gonna be able to take off the set list Everlong and all my life for instance learn to fly and times like these, my hero,

#7 My husband noticed something that I did not right away on Tuesday and that is He thinks theyíre putting in more saving Daveís voice measures. Makes sense. Taylor now has 2 songs and at least one cover. Just an observation.

Pardon my typing itís hard to type in this on yer phone
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 10th 2017, 01:45 AM
Button up, don't make a sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsotime2 View Post

#1 - I hate all my life in position 2. I feel like thatís a song you build up to thatís about halfway through. Iím not ready at song 2 and it loses its punch.
I never thought about that. I haven't seen them enough (unfortunately for me) to make a determination there. I thought it seemed cool to roll through Run, All My Life and The Pretender in the first 4 songs. If I could choose, I'd like to see the order the same as Richmond where they did I'll Stick Around #2 and saved AML for the 13th song. Since it isn't the opening song any longer, it was cool how they put the diamond shape screen over them and pulled the drum kit close to Dave for a smaller room looking like thing with lots of lights action. Then they kept that look for Enough Space to follow. That's the only show this tour where they moved AML out of the 2 spot.

Lol at #5 and the "old school" fan choices. I'm not complaining although if I could choose I would not like to see Cold Day in the Sun and could do with just one cover. I would love to see The Line and La Dee Da, but no Make It Right if there are to be about 5 from C and G. I'm real curious to see how much it changes up by next July when I get to see them.
7/26/2018 - Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN (Indy)
Old November 10th 2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I never thought about that. I haven't seen them enough (unfortunately for me) to make a determination there. I thought it seemed cool to roll through Run, All My Life and The Pretender in the first 4 songs. If I could choose, I'd like to see the order the same as Richmond where they did I'll Stick Around #2 and saved AML for the 13th song. Since it isn't the opening song any longer, it was cool how they put the diamond shape screen over them and pulled the drum kit close to Dave for a smaller room looking like thing with lots of lights action. Then they kept that look for Enough Space to follow. That's the only show this tour where they moved AML out of the 2 spot.

Lol at #5 and the "old school" fan choices. I'm not complaining although if I could choose I would not like to see Cold Day in the Sun and could do with just one cover. I would love to see The Line and La Dee Da, but no Make It Right if there are to be about 5 from C and G. I'm real curious to see how much it changes up by next July when I get to see them.
It's just my absolute favorite and it feels like they are just blasting through those first 5 to get them over with.

I know there is stuff that they will never play live unless it's a tiny venue then maybe and that's why I try not to miss those
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 10th 2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:

AML as 13 is about perfect. It's the point where I've forgotten about it completely, it comes out of no where and blows you away--
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 10th 2017, 01:38 PM

Drop the covers lads, please!
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Wembley Stadium, 7th June 2008
Isle of Wight Festival, 11th June 2011
Milton Keynes Bowl, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
Glastonbury Festival, 26th June 2015
Milton Keynes Bowl, 6th September 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd June 2018
London Stadium, 23rd June 2018
Reading Festival, 25th August 2019
Old November 11th 2017, 02:34 AM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:

#2 - I canít believe Iím saying this -my favorite song of the night last night was the AC/DC cover. Dave seemed to enjoy himself a lot singing it and everyone else playing it. They were warmed up now got really into it and it was great.

#3 I have no problem with the back up singers on the album but I feel like live itís weird. There are some great songs on the current album they need some layers peeled off. Dirty Water raw and live like at the Metro.

#4 I feel like he could be bored with his own set list and he also 1/2 apologized for the back up singers we donít usually do this kind of a thing. almost like not comfortable with it.

#5 I donít want to hear monkey wrench again I donít want to hear break out again both of those songs can go. He usually says something like one of these for the old-school fans and I want to say no thatís not what we want to hear.

#6 I realize there are certain songs youíre never gonna be able to take off the set list Everlong and all my life for instance learn to fly and times like these, my hero,

#7 My husband noticed something that I did not right away on Tuesday and that is He thinks theyíre putting in more saving Daveís voice measures. Makes sense. Taylor now has 2 songs and at least one cover. Just an observation.

Pardon my typing itís hard to type in this on yer phone
We talked about #7 after the show. There was lots of talking, Taylor's 2 songs and even Shifty got a complete song (although his Alice Cooper cover sounded a little country to me ).

My favorite set so far was Richmond. I about died when they started playing Enough Space.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 11th 2017, 11:09 AM

Hate to see the set slip back into the covers / keg party whatnot,

Still do not understand why they dont just trust their own material. I get it that they want to throw a party where everyone is happy but still, does anyone want to actually see the covers when going to a FF show? Does anyone go to any show for covers?!
Old November 11th 2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
We talked about #7 after the show. There was lots of talking, Taylor's 2 songs and even Shifty got a complete song (although his Alice Cooper cover sounded a little country to me ).

My favorite set so far was Richmond. I about died when they started playing Enough Space.
Yes I forgot about Chris!! This is a pretty intense tour, lotta screaming. Not the last big tour but the one before, his voice was taking a real beating by the end.

Are you going to Vegas alone? Because I am. Been to Vegas plenty but not on NYE!
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old November 11th 2017, 03:08 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Yes I forgot about Chris!! This is a pretty intense tour, lotta screaming. Not the last big tour but the one before, his voice was taking a real beating by the end.

Are you going to Vegas alone? Because I am. Been to Vegas plenty but not on NYE!
Some friends saw them in Des Moines last night and thought Dave's voice sounded rough.

I'm meeting a group of friends there. We can let you know our plans when we know more.

Old November 11th 2017, 03:17 PM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Some friends saw them in Des Moines last night and thought Dave's voice sounded rough.

I'm meeting a group of friends there. We can let you know our plans when we know more.
The review of last night that I posted in the Tour section said Dave has, basically, lost his voice. Taylor was singing along with almost all the songs last night despite not knowing the words.
Old November 11th 2017, 03:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Damn I hope he didn't completely fuck up his voice singing through his sore throat - I need him to still sound somewhat like himself by the time i see them in June!
Old November 11th 2017, 03:46 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLibrarian View Post
The review of last night that I posted in the Tour section said Dave has, basically, lost his voice. Taylor was singing along with almost all the songs last night despite not knowing the words.
That's what Mike2 & LeAnn said. They were duets with Taylor covering for Dave's lack of voice.

Old November 11th 2017, 03:48 PM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
Damn I hope he didn't completely fuck up his voice singing through his sore throat - I need him to still sound somewhat like himself by the time i see them in June!
I'm sure this isn't uncommon for him. They have a few breaks coming up I think. Christmas at least