Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old February 26th 2009, 07:41 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

On 1 day (today) i managed to get the following 7" Vinyl Singles for under £50:

Everlong
For all the cows x2
All my life (I have this already but hey it was a good deal anyway)
Monkey wrench
Generator
Big me
Breakout
My Hero
Walking after you
I´ll stick around
This is a call

__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old February 26th 2009, 08:08 PM
DevoNod DevoNod is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 308
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I love the Rock & Grohl t shirt
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old February 26th 2009, 08:33 PM
stef-k's Avatar
stef-k stef-k is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,461
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
i knew it before i bought it...
So, why buy it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old February 26th 2009, 08:42 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef-k View Post
So, why buy it?
Why not?
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old February 26th 2009, 09:19 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
On 1 day (today) i managed to get the following 7" Vinyl Singles for under £50:

Everlong
For all the cows x2
All my life (I have this already but hey it was a good deal anyway)
Monkey wrench
Generator
Big me
Breakout
My Hero
Walking after you
I´ll stick around
This is a call
+ Low 7" No. 1939
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old February 26th 2009, 09:21 PM
Thomee Thomee is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Bonn\\Germany
Posts: 2,127
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

An Wonkey Wrench 7"
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old February 27th 2009, 05:57 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I finally just bought the last UK CD single i needed, Everlong CD2. Bought the My Hero 7" finally aswell, so just Everlong and Learn To Fly left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
On 1 day (today) i managed to get the following 7" Vinyl Singles for under £50:

Everlong
For all the cows x2
All my life (I have this already but hey it was a good deal anyway)
Monkey wrench
Generator
Big me
Breakout
My Hero
Walking after you
I´ll stick around
This is a call

Great deal indeed. Did you ever buy that mini-lp set? I see them on ebay quite a lot but usually shipping from China (which i'm always wary of) and quite expensive (although probably cheaper still than eil).
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old February 27th 2009, 06:03 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
I finally just bought the last UK CD single i needed, Everlong CD2. Bought the My Hero 7" finally aswell, so just Everlong and Learn To Fly left.



Great deal indeed. Did you ever buy that mini-lp set? I see them on ebay quite a lot but usually shipping from China (which i'm always wary of) and quite expensive (although probably cheaper still than eil).
Not yet... But i have bought TCATS and IYH Mini Lp... And the IYH is quite cool. But buying from china is no problem i havent encountered any fakes or problems whatsoever... yet I always send a mail to the seller before i place a bid just to check details when i order from outside europe... Just dont wanna pay shitload in shipping and find out it is a scam or something. Only downside to it is that it can take up to 3 weeks before you get what you have ordered.
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old February 27th 2009, 06:05 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
Not yet... But i have bought TCATS and IYH Mini Lp... And the IYH is quite cool. But buying from china is no problem i havent encountered any fakes or problems whatsoever... yet I always send a mail to the seller before i place a bid just to check details when i order from outside europe... Just dont wanna pay shitload in shipping and find out it is a scam or something. Only downside to it is that it can take up to 3 weeks before you get what you have ordered.
Yeah i got my Cheer Up, Boys full case/artwork promo from China and it was fine, but i do see a lot of fakes from there. For instance have you seen that very dodgy looking CDR promo for LRTR with the Davey Grohlton picture on the front? Clearly fake, then i saw today EIL were selling it for £15!
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old February 27th 2009, 10:57 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Yeah i got my Cheer Up, Boys full case/artwork promo from China and it was fine, but i do see a lot of fakes from there. For instance have you seen that very dodgy looking CDR promo for LRTR with the Davey Grohlton picture on the front? Clearly fake, then i saw today EIL were selling it for £15!
Yep i have seen that and i wouldn´t pay a cent for it... Eil is always overpriced but they have a lot if yo want to pay for it... The 2cd set with the Next Year cd singles is ridiculously overpriced!!! I think i paid 6 dollars on ebay for both of them
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old February 27th 2009, 11:05 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
Yep i have seen that and i wouldn´t pay a cent for it... Eil is always overpriced but they have a lot if yo want to pay for it... The 2cd set with the Next Year cd singles is ridiculously overpriced!!! I think i paid 6 dollars on ebay for both of them
Yep, eil are the king of overpricing. £25 for a Big Me 7", £60 for a S/T Aus Tour Edition CD and £40 for a Japanese ESP&G are just some of the bargains on their site.
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old February 28th 2009, 03:20 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I really want to buy the Norweigan Edition of One by One but i cant for myself justify the price of it... What should i do???
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old February 28th 2009, 06:32 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
I really want to buy the Norweigan Edition of One by One but i cant for myself justify the price of it... What should i do???
The one at £60 you mean? Yeah i've been tempted a couple of times but i've decided to just wait. One will come along cheaper sooner or later.
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old February 28th 2009, 06:58 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
The one at £60 you mean? Yeah i've been tempted a couple of times but i've decided to just wait. One will come along cheaper sooner or later.
Yeah thats the one... but im bidding on a couple of other auctions if i lose all of them maybe i will spend my money on this one...

Also i have been looking on cassettes and i wonder if the Indonseian/malaysian are the real thing or are they cheap knockoffs? If i compare them to the Us/Eu ones they dont always look the same in coloring and design... dont want to spend my money on bad copys... Any experience on this matter?
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old February 28th 2009, 07:04 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
Yeah thats the one... but im bidding on a couple of other auctions if i lose all of them maybe i will spend my money on this one...

Also i have been looking on cassettes and i wonder if the Indonseian/malaysian are the real thing or are they cheap knockoffs? If i compare them to the Us/Eu ones they dont always look the same in coloring and design... dont want to spend my money on bad copys... Any experience on this matter?
Yeah i've seen them a lot, i think they are legit, because those countries are behind the Western world in terms of CD's so they're the only countries still producing cassettes. I could be wrong but i don't think they've pressed US/Europe cassettes since TINLTL.

I know lots of Nirvana collectors and they have tons of legit Indonesian/Indian/Malaysian cassettes so i'd say they're real and pressed by those countries themselves.
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old February 28th 2009, 07:12 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Yeah i've seen them a lot, i think they are legit, because those countries are behind the Western world in terms of CD's so they're the only countries still producing cassettes. I could be wrong but i don't think they've pressed US/Europe cassettes since TINLTL.

I know lots of Nirvana collectors and they have tons of legit Indonesian/Indian/Malaysian cassettes so i'd say they're real and pressed by those countries themselves.
You are probably right cause on ebay i havent seen other than the three first albums on US/EU cassette...
I think im going to take a chance and order one at least just to see if it is anything to put my money on... I was in vietnam recently and i thaught i should find some cassette store but the only thing i found in music was places to refill your ipod and a Eagles CD... But no cassettes. Only fake cd´s...
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old March 1st 2009, 01:27 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I was gonna place a bid on this one but i took another look at the shipping!!!!!!!

This is a call 12"
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old March 1st 2009, 02:13 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nick Riviera View Post
I was gonna place a bid on this one but i took another look at the shipping!!!!!!!

This is a call 12"
Haha, christ. If you want that though, this place has it for a reasonable price: http://www.vinylexchange.co.uk/Produ...&IID=11655 13 and postage to Europe is only £3 from what i can see.

EDIT: Was it you who won the Aussie My Hero standard case CD? Went one dollar over my max bid!
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : March 1st 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old March 1st 2009, 02:47 PM
Dr Nick Riviera's Avatar
Dr Nick Riviera Dr Nick Riviera is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
EDIT: Was it you who won the Aussie My Hero standard case CD? Went one dollar over my max bid!
No it wasnt... it went 10 dollars over my max bid. Couldn´t afford to go further right now... im bidding at alot of stuff and this wasn´t top priority at the moment I´ll wait and see if another one pops up... But i won breakout vinyl single yesterday for a lot more money than its worth but i had to have it
__________________
Hovet, Stockholm 020406
Frognerbadet, Oslo 061208
Nalen, Stockholm 030411
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215



Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old March 1st 2009, 02:54 PM
Simon's Avatar
Simon Simon is offline
The Sidekick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 29,177
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Ahh yeah i need to stop bidding on things again, getting carried away. I need to prioritise on things that don't appear very often, so the expensive vinyl can wait, they're always up. Think i'll leave the MiniLPs aswell for now.
__________________

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.