Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 19th 2010, 02:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default New Record - Rock as hell ?? or ESP&G-style ???

so ... dave said ... the foos will be back sooner as peaple imagine ... now iii asked me ... will the new record be in style of "One by One" or "TCATS" or will it be in style of Echoes silence pateinte and grace ???

i think it will be like them crooked vultures .. just not as crazy as TCV .. with a bit more "style" i don´t know ( i hope to see the fuckin Rock foo fighters at my first concert btw i love the acoustic parts )
Old January 19th 2010, 03:17 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: New Record - Rock as hell ?? or ESP&G-style ???

I don't think it will be like TCV at all. Dave has a totally different guitar and songwriting style to Josh, Josh prefers to do more hard rocking riffs which are fantastic and then writes the song to accompany that style. I think Dave prefers to focus on the melody of the songs as we see more in the later stages of the Foo's ESPG for example.

Id love to hope TCV will influence Dave to making a whole new Foo Fighters sound that we all can agree is fantastic, I hope anyway
Old January 19th 2010, 03:26 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Why do we have to speculate for the 1 millionth time?
Old January 19th 2010, 03:42 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGrohl View Post
so ... dave said ... the foos will be back sooner as peaple imagine ... now iii asked me ... will the new record be in style of "One by One" or "TCATS" or will it be in style of Echoes silence pateinte and grace ???

i think it will be like them crooked vultures .. just not as crazy as TCV .. with a bit more "style" i don´t know ( i hope to see the fuckin Rock foo fighters at my first concert btw i love the acoustic parts )
Shushhh....

It will be how it will be, just wait and see. We've had too many threads about this now, if you want to know what people think read those.
Old January 19th 2010, 08:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Will you actually buy this album?

http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=140599
sure
Old January 19th 2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGrohl View Post
sure
LIES!!!

I've been working like a Japanese prisoner of war. But a happy one.
Old January 19th 2010, 10:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

I love anything acoustic, but the Foos have some ass-kickin to do
Old January 20th 2010, 07:24 PM

I think, there will be some sign of TCV influence, but I just will wait for the album to know what it's like, and I wouldn't like to be guessing.

Oct 30th, 2009 - The very first and best live Foo show I've seen online. Thank you guys!
Old January 21st 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlofangels89 View Post
I think, there will be some sign of TCV influence, but I just will wait for the album to know what it's like, and I wouldn't like to be guessing.
Yep. They'll probably come up with something that nobody had expected anyway

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old January 21st 2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
Yep. They'll probably come up with something that nobody had expected anyway
Yeah, some hard stuff. That would be good

Oct 30th, 2009 - The very first and best live Foo show I've seen online. Thank you guys!
Old January 21st 2010, 06:06 PM
I'll Stick Around

I have always loved that every foo record had a different direction a different feel and theme.

S/T was definitely the grunge-iest and most simplistic sounding of them all (not meant derogatorily...). You can hear the punk influence crawling around inside those tracks.

TCATS- was very RED sounding to me. it was angry and loud, more diverse then S/T, more varied in its arrangements. less grunge and more straight up rocking.

TINLTL- maybe besides ESPG, it's their most diverse sounding album to date. they mellowed out a lot here. even the rock-ier tracks have moments of calm or don't peak like TCATS did. this album covered a lot of basses and I think this is when FF became a band.

1X1- dark. this record on a whole is the darkest foo record. espg and the acoustic record have moments for sure, but this record on a whole feels heavier then any other record consistently. and it's heavy as in loud, I also believe they're stye switched here to a more classic rock vibe, just a tad....we see this evolve with espg.

IYH rock- i always have felt, even though there are some strong tracks, this record was a misstep. the rock portion felt like it had to be done. this record sounds like a place between TCATS and 1x1 to me most time. its got its moments where its dark and agressive but it errs on the side of that red, angry feverish rock we had back in the 90's. In my opinion, it's also the least diverse feeling record the foo's have put out, its all the same sound throughout-done probably for consistency sake, but It is all the same sounding.

IYH acoustic- beautiful. I think they should of made IYH one record mixed tracks from both records to create a freak baby record that would been amazing.This record is raw and real, very earthy and even ethereal at times, nothing like what they have done before or since. The middle ground I feel Dave talks about getting rid of, seems to be where Echoes landed.

ESPG- I personally love this record. It and TINLTL remind of zeppelin records, both classic rock feeling. ESPG feels like a much evolved TINLTL. I dig how they added the extended band into the songs, of course not loud enough or prominent enough in most of the songs to stand out horribly, but it is a notable add in lots of places. This record is very dark purple sounding, it feels versatile. its heavy in different ways and quieter in different ways. Its an interesting place to take a hiatus from.

7th record- i honestly feel like foos are beginning to tread over the same ground, and i think next time will be great but not different. wheels sounded like learn to fly and A320 combined to me. word forward sounded like an espg b-side. so....we'll see....maybe if they get back to it being the 4 of em, it might take on shape.

another thought, let Taylor, Chris and Nate write some music, sing some vocals (they've been doing more which is a good sign!) and maybe reallly collaborate, it'll be different from Dave opening that up to everyone alone.

http://beautifulcorpses.bandcamp.com/
Old January 21st 2010, 07:26 PM
I'll Stick Around

Whatever they come up with will be good enough for me. Every Foo record has been a pleasant surprise and did not disappoint. I look forward to whatever they are coming up with because it will be new Foo. Can't beat that. Think about it. If they were to come up with more of the same, they wouldn't be who they are. What I like most about the Foo Fighters and what drew me to them in the first place (besides that uber-cute Davey face) was the total variety in their style that bridged (for me) many years and styles of rock - yet it was all Foo. That ability to blend and appeal to all of us is what keeps them on the edge. I will forever respond to the beat and the guitar riffs of a different drummer. That's what I'm waiting for....whatever will be. Raw rock, screaming, some soft melodies - you get the drill. I'm only anticipating putting the CD into the car stereo, driving off and smiling and smiling and smiling!!!!!!!
Old January 21st 2010, 09:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo play View Post
What I like most about the Foo Fighters and what drew me to them in the first place (besides that uber-cute Davey face) was the total variety in their style that bridged (for me) many years and styles of rock - yet it was all Foo.
yeah man ... thats it ... the unbelievable variety in their sound ... acoustic ...slow ... groovy ... screaming ... rock as hell ... rokc anthems ♥
aaah ♥ i love them =)
Old January 21st 2010, 10:16 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Tom Petty.
Hey- That would be cool too
Old January 25th 2010, 12:38 AM
I'll Stick Around

what foo play said. Every damn word.
Old January 25th 2010, 04:58 AM
Banned

holy crap, where is this new record stuff coming from. i feel like an idiot not knowing
Old January 25th 2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefoos View Post
holy crap, where is this new record stuff coming from. i feel like an idiot not knowing
It's just people getting ahead of themselves, nothing is confirmed about the sound or a release date, so really there is nothing to go crazy about, we've known there will be a new album for years.
Old January 26th 2010, 12:03 AM

It'll go one of two ways.

Either:

A continuation of ESP&G and possibly be alright/very good

Or Dave will go on and on about how it's the heaviest thing they've ever done and they'll release it and it won't be the heaviest thing they've ever done and it'll suck.
Old January 26th 2010, 03:28 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Well, listening to Wheels kinda got my hopes up for a Tom Petty type rock album.
Old January 26th 2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

well, i just hope it's awesome. i'd rather have the Foos not come back for a few years, and make a totally awesome record than have them come back after a year or so and make a crap record