Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 23rd 2011, 10:57 PM
my tits are also out for Simon

Default Re: New Zealand Fans - Christchurch appeal concert next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenocerous View Post
Ok here it is:

Bridges Burning
Rope
Dear Rosemary
White Limo
Arlandria
These Days
Back & Forth
A Matter Of Time
Miss The Misery
I Should Have Known
Walk
All My Life

Ok I've already forgotten what was next, so the rest will most likely not be in order.

Times Like These
Generator
Learn to Fly
Up in Arms
My Hero
Long Road to Ruin
Big Me
Cold day in the Sun
Hey Johnny Park!
Stacked Actors
Skin and Bones
Monkey Wrench
Everlong
Aurora
The Pretender
Breakout
Best of You
This is a Call

Feel free to correct me anyone, if you do know the order
Hey Johnny Park is out of order for sure. It's most likely between Monkey Wrench and Everlong.
Old March 23rd 2011, 11:01 PM
I'll Stick Around

If I see them play Hey JP and Aurora in Brisbane on Sunday I will die a happy man

- 28/01/2003 Gold Coast Big Day Out
- 28/11/2005 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 01/12/2005 Sydney Superdome
- 03/10/2006 Sydney Opera House
- 29/04/2008 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 27/03/2011 Brisbane Riverstage
- 10/12/2011 Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
- 24/02/2015 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- 25/01/2018 Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Old March 24th 2011, 12:16 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Any other band - you know what, ALL they'd be doing would be promoting the shit out of their new album right now - there's a couple of weeks left until it hits the all important charts.

But no not the Foo Fighters. They already were the greatest rock band in the world - but if you ever EVER needed any proof here they are at this very time they should be concentrating on themselves, not JUST looking out for someone else, but fucking well paying for it ALL themselves too.

Words can not describe what I felt leaving the Town Hall at what an absolutely incredible gesture this was. I felt so proud of them, and of even me, that I have collected and followed them for all these years - THE band that would be the one to just do what they could do, because they could do it.

It will be a night I wont ever ever forget- the new album songs (before the album was out) and so many old favourites, in such a setting, at such a time. It was all just so totally unreal.

People are talking about this here that didnt even go, that dont really even know who the Foos are. Here's a conversation I heard today:

"So they played a concert so the profit can go to Christchurch, yeah thats pretty good, no man - they PAID for everything themselves so ALL the money could go to Christchurch. Wow thats amazing, how generous is that".

And you guys ARE just so totally totally amazing. A fucking HUGE Thank You from all of us here in New Zealand!

Here is the set list (some corrections to what was previously posted)

Bridge Burning
Rope
Dear Rosemary
White Limo
Arlandria
These Days
Back & Forth
A Matter Of Time
Miss The Misery
I Should Have Known
Walk
All My Life
Times Like These
Generator
Learn To Fly
My Hero
Up In Arms
Long Road To Ruin
Big Me
Cold Day In The Sun
Stacked Actors
Skin And Bones
Monkey Wrench
Hey, Johnny Park!
Everlong

Encore:
The Pretender
Aurora
Breakout
Best Of You
This Is A Call

I was there
Old March 24th 2011, 12:19 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
It will be a night I wont ever ever forget- the new album songs (before the album was out) and so many old favourites, in such a setting, at such a time. It was all just so totally unreal.
This 100%
Old March 24th 2011, 01:25 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Any other band - you know what, ALL they'd be doing would be promoting the shit out of their new album right now - there's a couple of weeks left until it hits the all important charts.

But no not the Foo Fighters. They already were the greatest rock band in the world - but if you ever EVER needed any proof here they are at this very time they should be concentrating on themselves, not JUST looking out for someone else, but fucking well paying for it ALL themselves too.

Words can not describe what I felt leaving the Town Hall at what an absolutely incredible gesture this was. I felt so proud of them, and of even me, that I have collected and followed them for all these years - THE band that would be the one to just do what they could do, because they could do it.

People are talking about this here that didnt even go, that dont really even know who the Foos are. Here's a conversation I heard today:

"So they played a concert so the profit can go to Christchurch, yeah thats pretty good, no man - they PAID for everything themselves so ALL the money could go to Christchurch. Wow thats amazing, how generous is that".

And you guys ARE just so totally totally amazing. A fucking HUGE Thank You from all of us here in New Zealand!

Here is the set list (some corrections to what was previously posted)

Bridge Burning
Rope
Dear Rosemary
White Limo
Arlandria
These Days
Back & Forth
A Matter Of Time
Miss The Misery
I Should Have Known
Walk
All My Life
Times Like These
Generator
Learn To Fly
My Hero
Up In Arms
Long Road To Ruin
Big Me
Cold Day In The Sun
Stacked Actors
Skin And Bones
Monkey Wrench
Hey, Johnny Park!
Everlong

Encore:
The Pretender
Aurora
Breakout
Best Of You
This Is A Call
Perfectly said, couldn't have put it better myself
Old March 24th 2011, 03:35 AM
I'll Stick Around

How was the crowd response to being played Wasting Light from start to finish??

The reason I ask is that often when a band has so many "radio" hits, a certain type of fan will turn up to their concerts only interested in those rather than new stuff. I'm guessing that given that the show was in NZ (one of Foo's more rabid strongholds), and that it was a smaller crowd who had to pay more to get there, the ratio of "true" fans would have been higher than on a stadium tour.

I am so fucking excited to hear them play the album on Sunday, I just hope the rest of the Brisbane crowd feels the same way and doesn't start screaming for Best of You after the 3rd song.

Old March 24th 2011, 04:40 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Johnny Generator View Post

The reason I ask is that often when a band has so many "radio" hits, a certain type of fan will turn up to their concerts only interested in those rather than new stuff. I'm guessing that given that the show was in NZ (one of Foo's more rabid strongholds), and that it was a smaller crowd who had to pay more to get there, the ratio of "true" fans would have been higher than on a stadium tour.

I am so fucking excited to hear them play the album on Sunday, I just hope the rest of the Brisbane crowd feels the same way and doesn't start screaming for Best of You after the 3rd song.
Crowd response = as loud as we could get!!

Like you say there were only 2500 people - pretty much hard core fans as far as I could tell - the atmosphere was incredible!! So the new album material was VERY well received.
We miss out on quite a few concert opportunities in New Zealand, so I would be surprised if there were people screaming requests - I think we are just happy to take what we can get, and eat what's on our plate!!! And that was some awesome 3 hour progressive dinner!

We are pretty passionate about Christchurch as well - our beautiful garden city in ruins...I will miss SOL square and the BEST live venue - Fat Eddies. So yep we were pretty keyed up - Dave taking time to thank everyone was really special.
(Also special was after he had ran around the entire balcony during his dueling solo with Chris - said something along the lines of "Thanks all you thousand people that touched my ass, I now don't need an appointment at the proctologist") Hahahaha

When he mentioned the release date of the album we all just went crazy
Old March 24th 2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:

well, since they are basically playing a full concert after playing the new album anyway no one has any reason to complain.
Old March 25th 2011, 04:11 AM

I'm back! had no internet since the show. home now. Holy hell..

I cant say enough to explain how FRICKING AMAZING IT WAS!

Once I can think straight I will say more but I just want to say that I met DAVE FRICKING GROHL

True

I did

Best moment of my life

Foos are the best band I have EVER SEEN LIVE

Thanks foos. You made my life
Old March 25th 2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:

A 'true' fan? What is this? For some reason it grates me that just because some people don't rabidly consume every Foo morsel and have an intimate knowledge of everything relating to the band they somehow appreciate the music less? We all have different reasons for enjoying songs and being at concerts, it's not a competition to be the biggest or best fan.
Old March 25th 2011, 08:55 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooreal View Post
A 'true' fan? What is this? For some reason it grates me that just because some people don't rabidly consume every Foo morsel and have an intimate knowledge of everything relating to the band they somehow appreciate the music less? We all have different reasons for enjoying songs and being at concerts, it's not a competition to be the biggest or best fan.
Calm down.... Look at the context of the post. We've all been to concerts where people switch off when the band starts playing previously unseen material. That's what I was getting at. Not that its a definition I have ever tried to work out, but in this context, a 'true' fan for me is someone who, at a concert, can get as enthusiastic about a band's new stuff as they would hearing one of their hits, or at least have the decency to actually listen to it.

I wasn't talking about someone's "rabid consumption of foo morsels"...just about general crowd levels of respect for what could be one of the foo's finest albums.

Old March 25th 2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Calm down.... Look at the context of the post. We've all been to concerts where people switch off when the band starts playing previously unseen material. That's what I was getting at. Not that its a definition I have ever tried to work out, but in this context, a 'true' fan for me is someone who, at a concert, can get as enthusiastic about a band's new stuff as they would hearing one of their hits, or at least have the decency to actually listen to it.

I wasn't talking about someone's "rabid consumption of foo morsels"...just about general crowd levels of respect for what could be one of the foo's finest albums.
Be assured the crowd was amazing...Can't speak for anyone else, but youtube had been quite handy familiarising those wanting to know the new tunes anyway...

O/S Will I be seeing anyone at Stone Temple Pilots this evening?
Old March 25th 2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
Be assured the crowd was amazing...Can't speak for anyone else, but youtube had been quite handy familiarising those wanting to know the new tunes anyway...

Yea the crowd was great, everyone loved the new songs. Kiwis are so into Foo Fighters we dont care if we dont know every song or not. But I knew a few of the new ones. Rope was great, These Days was amazing cause I think me and rubytuesday were the only ones in the front row singing along and Dave kept looking at us.
White Limo was epic live, although the crush got pretty bad and I could barely breathe but I was grinning like a idiot and Pat smiled and raised his eyebrows at me.

I have achieved my mission of making eye contact with every member of the Foos. Couldnt catch Tay's attention at the show but before the show when we met Dave, Taylor was walking past and I went all nutty and yelled "TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" really loud. but he looked over and waved at me
Old March 28th 2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrocker815 View Post
Yea the crowd was great, everyone loved the new songs. Kiwis are so into Foo Fighters we dont care if we dont know every song or not. But I knew a few of the new ones. Rope was great, These Days was amazing cause I think me and rubytuesday were the only ones in the front row singing along and Dave kept looking at us.
White Limo was epic live, although the crush got pretty bad and I could barely breathe but I was grinning like a idiot and Pat smiled and raised his eyebrows at me.

I have achieved my mission of making eye contact with every member of the Foos. Couldnt catch Tay's attention at the show but before the show when we met Dave, Taylor was walking past and I went all nutty and yelled "TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" really loud. but he looked over and waved at me
Tee Hee - Good Times!!
Old March 28th 2011, 09:34 AM

thanks to whoever filmed this and put it on Youtube, was one of the most incredible and happy moments of my life. Towards the end Dave is looking down into the front row, thats when he was looking at me because I was crying and trying to hold up my Times Like These tattoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpQU1TrlP-g
Old July 13th 2011, 11:18 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old July 13th 2011, 11:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrocker815 View Post
thanks to whoever filmed this and put it on Youtube, was one of the most incredible and happy moments of my life. Towards the end Dave is looking down into the front row, thats when he was looking at me because I was crying and trying to hold up my Times Like These tattoo
My favourite video is from Stacked Actors: Dave comes to the balcony, stands in front of me and stops to do his solo! I cant belive we are gonna see the Foos for the second time this year! Dont think I will be able to sleep until I get my tix tomorrow!

if you add this to the end of the youtube website you can watch the video: /watch?v=Inn6xIfW8vY

Last edited by prismelsert@gmail.com : July 13th 2011 at 11:38 AM.