Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th 2018, 09:48 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Sportpaleis Antwerp, Belgium - June 11, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
Not according to this article

Really lazy reporting as it is a cut and paste of comments from reddit, however I posted it because it contains a quote from our very own FrenchEnemies

EDIT: so lazy that the board seems to auto-replace the URL with *****. It was on Alt Nation
hey, I'm famous!

I cannot stand this guy from Alt Nation, though. He's always cherry-picking quotes and concern-trolling, and then other outlets pick it up and it becomes A Thing. My comment was for the eyes of Foo fans only, Brett!!!

ETA for anyone interested, this was the Reddit thread he copied/pasted in his "article": https://www.reddit.com/r/Foofighters...voice_is_shot/

Last edited by FrenchEnemies : June 14th 2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old June 14th 2018, 10:00 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
hey, I'm famous!

I cannot stand this guy from Alt Nation, though. He's always cherry-picking quotes and concern-trolling, and then other outlets pick it up and it becomes A Thing. My comment was for the eyes of Foo fans only, Brett!!!

ETA for anyone interested, this was the Reddit thread he copied/pasted in his "article": https://www.reddit.com/r/Foofighters...voice_is_shot/
If you watch the video of This Is A Call, that's featured in the article, you'll hear his voice is fine. And that was one of the last songs. It might not be in its best shape ever as his cold was only last week and smoking doesn't really help either, I suppose. But there's nothing to worry about...

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old June 14th 2018, 10:13 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

His voice is kind of his living. If there was any real concern then I'm pretty sure they would take a longer term view and postpone gigs to protect his voice.
Old June 14th 2018, 01:03 PM
Ready on your mark

Brett @ AltNation is a large part of the reason why that tiny out-of-context quote about Trump blew up like it did. He is such a tragedy vulture as well, exploiting the deaths of Weiland and then Cornell, circling above the others waiting for the next one to drop. He justifies it by saying people will go for clickbait more than articles with genuine straightforward headings, but he takes it to the next level by doing a whole decoupage on a story based on a tiny, harmless pull quote. Later for him.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old June 14th 2018, 01:19 PM
The Sidekick

Yeah, links to that site are blocked here. We aren't giving them any clicks, sorry.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 14th 2018, 09:34 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Didn't realise - sorry. FrenchEnemies gave the direct link to the Reddit page, so the source of the "article" can be seen
Old June 16th 2018, 10:06 AM
I'll Stick Around

Aaand the story's made it to NME, with my quote as a by-line

F*** you AltNation
Old June 20th 2018, 09:41 AM
I'll Stick Around

I know its perhaps a week late, but I felt that the Antwerp gig wasn't that good, the venue itself has a slope on the left side of standing, which means the floor isn't flat and you cannot see the stage, is this what you pay for? to stand below people on a level floor and not see the band? Serious quality control issues for the person booking them.

I wouldn't go back to that venue again. It also appeared to be oversold on the standing, normally in the standing area there is space behind the mixing desk, if you want to avoid the crush, this wasn't the case, and people were actually still side by side at the entrances to standing, with it being difficult to even get a view!

At places like the o2 there are gangways either side of the standing to get people in and out, no such at Antwerp, with everybody crushed in.

As for the show itself, I just got the feeling as though the band were on autopilot, songs which I normally love, left me feeling kinda cold, this show felt like Foo Fighters Ltd, rolling into town, doing a formulaic rock show, and rolling out of town again... like bandits in the night, nobody realising they were robbed until a few days later.

The Foo's strength has always been to me that they write honest, direct rock music, which connects with the people, they never had gimmicks, they played live, the music was all they needed, now we have a drum riser.

I suppose with success they become one of the "must see" acts by people more interested in getting wasted than by watching the band, this was most telling in that there weren't many sing alongs, ok songs like My Hero got the usual response (and it isn't difficult to learn), but so many others people around me just didn't know them, it makes for a different crowd, and different atmosphere.

Is it interesting that there are no songs from Sonic Highways, yet we get numerous covers, and for a band who has been around so long, one of the biggest responses is for Under Pressure, a hit for another band.
09/14 - HOV - London (OMFG) 09/14 - London 05/15 - Sunderland
06/15 - Edinburgh 06/15 - Glastonbury 09/15 - Milton Keynes
09/15 - Edinburgh 11/15 - Amsterdam 11/15 - Cologne
06/17 - Glastonbury 07/17 - Paris 09/17 - London
06/18 - Antwerp 06/18 - London 06/18 - London