Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > FooFighters.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 27th 2018, 09:00 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default You FANS are entitled assholes!

Hi,
I literally just came on here to order my tickets for the tour. I came on the board to get extra information. Little did I know it would be full of fucking entitled dicks. Here is why:

1) just cause their merchandise site isn't up to your fucking self riches entitled standards there is comments like "i completely think different of the band now". Legit you guys are dicks. I'm sorry but do you really think the MUSIC controlls the fucking merchandise. No. And remember this WE ARE FANS OF THE MUSIC. These men aren't in the retail industry if you haven't noticed. Whatever their retail site did to you SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT CHANGE THE MUSIC TO YOU.

2) these men are in literally the hardest, most demanding, no privacy job there is. THEY OWE YOU NOTHING. You should be happy their music is there for you to listen to and stop fucking thinking you deserve a fucking thing for that.

3) YOU WANT TO MEET THE BAND! lol this is the funniest one yet I see fans going " omg Dave grohl I am your biggest fan I've seen you at you know one concert before but I think I should get to meet you over everyone else who has you know actually listened to your music over there entire life" .... this is super funny to me cause honestly if you knew anything about concerts they make these VIP passes that you pay up the ass for to get a picture and shake the bands hands and if a band doesn't put out VIP passes to purchase ITS PROBABLY FOR THE MERE FACT THAT THEY WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND NOT DROOL OVER THEM. JUST SAYING.

Ok so to conclude the moral of my story. Please and I repeate please remember why you like them. Pretty sure any of you can walk into a bar and find a good looking guy. WE LIKE THEM FOR THE AWESOME MUSIC THEY MAKE! They owe us nothing and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! They are famous from sheer talent! Not cause your entitled ass said so.

From a young lady who respects quality music,

Marissa T
Old January 27th 2018, 09:47 PM
How Do You Do

Default Re: You FANS are entitled assholes!

ok

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old January 27th 2018, 10:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Lol I may be passive aggressive lol but it doesn't mean what I speak isn't the truth.

Society is fucked!
Old January 27th 2018, 10:39 PM
Fooper!

You came on a forum to order tickets for the tour and to get extra info? So you also post on here to moan about the moaners? Ok....
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old January 27th 2018, 10:42 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

I came to this forum to converse with other fans about the band, their music and yes on occasion about their hair. Little did I know I would find a self righteous jerk posting about self entitled assholes.

Go figure
Old January 27th 2018, 10:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I prefer to say I came to make a statement about the self entitled conformed of society puppets in this lovely generation we have here. But to each their own. LOL
Old January 27th 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk rock princess riss View Post
I prefer to say I came to make a statement about the self entitled conformed of society puppets in this lovely generation we have here. But to each their own. LOL
That was very enlightening - thank you for coming.
Old January 27th 2018, 11:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

For your sake I sincerely hope so. I swear I don't mean that in a mean way either.
Old January 28th 2018, 12:07 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
You came on a forum to order tickets for the tour and to get extra info? So you also post on here to moan about the moaners? Ok....
Is that what she was saying?

Generationally speaking, Iím probably old enough to be your mom. There is a lot of information here and we try and post helpful stuff. Can you link me to what it is bothered you so much. Believe me, the forum is full of dedicated people who do care about the band.

Show me what you are upset about or be specific.

Thanks.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old January 28th 2018, 12:43 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Jill, I absolutely mean no disrespect to you or the band or anything lol. I just came on to see if I could find seats that I was wanting to get at the Calgary or Edmonton show. I ended up finding other seats I'm going to get anyways. Not at all the forms fault lol and everyone has the right to their own opinion lol just kinda funny when every thread is like I need to meet the band for various reasons. Or people saying they won't support the band anymore because their uk site overcharged them or cause the American site is sold out a lot or takes longer than expected lol and saying they think different of the band because of it. Lol I feel sorry people actually have to write nice comments to these people lol so I just thought I would try to help put some of them in their place. Or when they are constantly writing about how beautiful they are.(cough cough) they are married men with families and children. I JUST WANTED TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT IT IS ABOUT THE MUSIC. LOL I am really passive aggressive so I understand how this could cause some "issues" lol it's really only society's fault that this has become what's acceptable. Lol I want to make sure it's clear that my post does not reflect negative on any part of the band, the management, or anything.
Old January 28th 2018, 01:36 AM
The Sidekick

I see where you're coming from to a degree, but I also don't see it as entitlement in some of your examples. With regards to the online store it's more expectation of previous quality of service and the disappointment/frustration that (in their eyes) it's gone down. The suggestions of quitting the band entirely are mostly just hyperbole and frustration, I doubt anyone has truly given up on the band entirely over merchandise issues.

Then you have the people wanting to meet the band which is just commonplace for every single band. People will try any avenue possible to try and meet their heroes, and this being the official message board, we get a lot of them here. I never see entitlement though, just people trying anything to meet their heroes.

Also no, Foo Fighters don't do VIP Meet And Greet bullshit but it's NOT because they don't want to meet and talk with fans, the guys are all super friendly and always happy to do that, unless they have to be somewhere else. The reason they don't do it is because they think it's bullshit having fans paying money to do that. If you are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time you can meet the guys, and they'll be happy to do so, as I say.

As for the rest, it's mostly just passionate fans being, well, passionate about the band they love. Some of us will discuss things like setlists for years on end, bemoaning their choices or whatever, doesn't mean we feel entitled to hear Podunk, just means we love the band and tend to have a lot of wishes in what they do.

Not saying this place is 100% positivity and smelling of roses, it isn't, but it's not that bad at all. Stick around, you might like it.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old January 28th 2018, 01:59 AM
The Boss

Isnít Simon the best?!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old January 28th 2018, 09:30 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I 100% see entitlement in it. That there expectations are to be handed something above everyone else. They should be grateful there is a concert to attend with there heroes. There is so many sick bands I would of loved to see who passed away before I was even old enough to appreciate music. Or like when me and my friends would patiently await record releases to add to the collection growing up ( now we have the honour of fucking internet shopping lol which people still take for granted) but to fucking try and guilt your way backstage or say your married like millions are is 100% entitlement and manipulation. What would you call that then if not entitlement? Like I said in my previous post definitely not your guys fault it's definitely society's. I get the whole meeting your heroes thing. When your sitting there idolizing their hair instead of the music I think you may have lost your way somewhere along the line. The band is phenomenal they will be in the hall of fame right next to nirvana. Doesn't justify what is wrong with society! Not one little bit. Like I said too not all of it is bad there is some good things about it too. Lol lots of bands trying to get famous lol which is actually pretty cool to see. See that's a good thing about it lol see I can throw a little optimism in there with all my pessimistic views of society.
Old January 28th 2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk rock princess riss View Post
I 100% see entitlement in it. That there expectations are to be handed something above everyone else. They should be grateful there is a concert to attend with there heroes. There is so many sick bands I would of loved to see who passed away before I was even old enough to appreciate music. Or like when me and my friends would patiently await record releases to add to the collection growing up ( now we have the honour of fucking internet shopping lol which people still take for granted) but to fucking try and guilt your way backstage or say your married like millions are is 100% entitlement and manipulation. What would you call that then if not entitlement? Like I said in my previous post definitely not your guys fault it's definitely society's. I get the whole meeting your heroes thing. When your sitting there idolizing their hair instead of the music I think you may have lost your way somewhere along the line. The band is phenomenal they will be in the hall of fame right next to nirvana. Doesn't justify what is wrong with society! Not one little bit. Like I said too not all of it is bad there is some good things about it too. Lol lots of bands trying to get famous lol which is actually pretty cool to see. See that's a good thing about it lol see I can throw a little optimism in there with all my pessimistic views of society.
Yes there are those people who asked for a meeting/song/signed something but if you take the time to read some of the posts and threads on the board I think you will see that most people here are here for the music. Take a look at the foo collection thread - see how dedicated some of the members are with their collections - read the general foo thread posts where there are some insightful and interesting discussions on the music.

My comment about talking about their hair was tongue in cheek - although I do believe there is a thread dedicated to Dave's hair somewhere - but for the most part people here talk about the music.
Old January 28th 2018, 03:28 PM
The finder of things...

I so want to start a thread about Dave's hair. I know at least one person who would be right there with me.

And I like it here! I'm new, been around for a few months. I learned about the band here and when the tours were announced the vets talked me through how pre-sale works, encouraged me when it was going bad, cheered as I got tickets for the NYC show and then helped me sell my extra ticket.

Heck....one of my fellow posters turned me onto a new artist and now I'm seeing them in a few weeks in Stockholm! :

The only entitlement I've seen on here are people who show up begging for help getting tickets, never post anything that contributes to the overall community of the site and then attack the other posters for not helping them

I've seen that time and time again ...... (see what I did there?)
Old January 28th 2018, 03:35 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
My comment about talking about their hair was tongue in cheek - although I do believe there is a thread dedicated to Dave's hair somewhere - but for the most part people here talk about the music.
Hang on... you mean... we're not here to discuss Dave's hair?! Well, guess I'll see myself out then.

Seriously though, you guys are being super nice to the Holier Than Thou fandom police here. Kinda disproving their point about this board being full of dicks and assholes. (...oh. I see what you did there )
Old January 28th 2018, 03:36 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLibrarian View Post
I so want to start a thread about Dave's hair. I know at least one person who would be right there with me.
LOL.

Cross-post, and, busted
Old January 28th 2018, 03:39 PM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
LOL.

Cross-post, and, busted
Why am I not surprised to see you here! It's like someone whispers "Dave's Hair" and BAM...there we are
Old January 28th 2018, 04:14 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLibrarian View Post
Why am I not surprised to see you here! It's like someone whispers "Dave's Hair" and BAM...there we are
I don't know what you're talking about. There is no fangirl bat-signal. And it does not also activate in cases of facial hair emergencies, fashion disasters, or particularly outrageous stage banter. Nope.

Old January 30th 2018, 06:33 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Widest sweeping generalized statements with zero examples of exactly what comments etc you are actually referring to. Add the most abusive title I think Ive ever seen anyone post as an entry and I'm going to self edit the rest of my response and stop right here...