Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Dave should stick to music instead of talking politics?
Yes 11 32.35%
No 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd 2018, 01:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Regarding President Trump

So disappointed! Do everyone a favor and stick to music because you have no clue about politics. You should be ashamed you dumb liberal fuck! You just lost a lifetime fan and I'm sure I won't be the only one to say "fuck you"!
Old May 23rd 2018, 02:07 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Default Re: Regarding President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump76 View Post
So disappointed! Do everyone a favor and stick to music because you have no clue about politics. You should be ashamed you dumb liberal fuck! You just lost a lifetime fan and I'm sure I won't be the only one to say "fuck you"!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psv5lrtep5.jpg

Bye Felicia.
Old May 23rd 2018, 02:09 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post

I love it when people sign up specifically to talk shit at the band

Can Simon or Jill move this thread to the political thread......or preferably to the trash.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : May 23rd 2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 23rd 2018, 03:48 PM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
It was actually Dave's political leanings that drew me to them after all these years!
Old May 23rd 2018, 05:21 PM

If you need to listen to only right leaning musicians, enjoy some Kid Rock and Ted Nugent.
Old May 23rd 2018, 06:12 PM
I'll Stick Around

I hear Taylor Swift is big with right-wingers too.
Old May 23rd 2018, 07:41 PM
Visiting is pretty...

In my opinion he should take the James Hetfield approach, just leave politics out of it. Dave may not believe it but he has a TON of fans who support President Trump and his agenda, which has been grossly mischaracterized and distorted by the mainstream media.

I think Dave had a special place in his heart for President Obama? If so his eyes are about to be opened in light of recent events. The man broke every rule of the constitution and spied on political opponents, that's election rigging, and his cabinet also colluded with a foreign government (the UK) to bring down the Trump campaign. That is exactly what they have been accusing Trump of doing with Russia for the past two years.

Pretty soon even the mainstream media won't be able to hide it, and it's all going to come crashing down and a lot of people are going to feel horrible inside for the way they have been mislead by people they trusted. I think Dave will be among them.

I'm a Foo Fan. I spent over $1k on tickets and camp sites for the upcoming Cal Jam and I really hope I don't have to listen to any political bullshit as a result.

Dave, if you are reading this, you're awesome. Keep on rocking and be a little more skeptical of what they show you on the news.
Old May 23rd 2018, 08:02 PM
FooArchive

My biggest enjoyment today has been reading the twitter comments under the news sites that ran this quote today. Plenty of MAGAmaniacs calling Dave names, telling him to stick to singing, and how “entertainers should keep their mouths shut”... yet you know what? The majority of those saying that had RT’d Roseanne or James Woods. It’s almost as if it’s not Dave’s job they have an issue with but his differing view to theirs.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old May 23rd 2018, 09:07 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean72 View Post
I'm a Foo Fan. I spent over $1k on tickets and camp sites for the upcoming Cal Jam and I really hope I don't have to listen to any political bullshit as a result.

Dave, if you are reading this, you're awesome. Keep on rocking and be a little more skeptical of what they show you on the news.
I highly doubt you'll be lectured from the stage, that's not his style.

Enjoy Cal Jam!
Old May 23rd 2018, 09:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
My biggest enjoyment today has been reading the twitter comments under the news sites that ran this quote today. Plenty of MAGAmaniacs calling Dave names, telling him to stick to singing, and how “entertainers should keep their mouths shut”... yet you know what? The majority of those saying that had RT’d Roseanne or James Woods. It’s almost as if it’s not Dave’s job they have an issue with but his differing view to theirs.
THIS.

"stick to ___, stupid elitist Hollywood celebrity!!!1" rings hollow when you heartily endorse like-minded sentiment from, um, elitist Hollywood celebrities. Not to mention, Donald himself *is* a celebrity predating his stint in DC, a fact folks seem to forget/ignore.
Old May 23rd 2018, 09:45 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

What did Dave said?

He's entitled to his opinion like a regular fucking citizen.
I wouldn't use a stage to publicly "bully" the president, unless it's a very specific thing he's going after.

I know little of Trump, I just know he hates us Mexicans, but I have no clue of how he's working as a president in US. During the whole Kanye debacle I read that he actually grew the employment for black people. Not sure if it was a black people only, or a general US employment number.
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:11 PM
FooArchive

Quote:
For someone who has gone around the world as much as him, has Grohl... “Felt the impact of Donald Trump in regards to what other countries feel about Americans?” he interjects. “Of course. I remember when we were touring in the Nineties, people would come up to me and still spoke of wanting to come to the US, to see Texas and see the desert, to walk around the Big Apple. The American Dream was still tangible, still desirable. Today, the American Dream is broken. I’ve probably travelled internationally more than our current president and the one thing I understand that he doesn’t is that the world isn’t as big as you think it is. It is all in your neighbourhood. India, Asia, Iceland aren’t other solar systems. I am ashamed of our president. I feel apologetic for it when I travel.

“Listen, who cares what I think about guns or religion, but the thing about Trump that stings the most is this: he just seems like a massive jerk. Right? I know a lot of wonderful people who don’t share my politics and you can bet tomorrow night in the stadium not everyone will share the same opinion or hold the same views. But when I sing ‘My Hero’ they will all sing it with me. In the three hours that I am on stage, none of that matters.”
Plenty of news sites have run pieces on the GQ interview and Fox News just took the ‘jerk’ and ‘embarrassed’ lines made a .jpg and tweeted it out, so it’s enflamed a lot of people.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:20 PM
Ready on your mark

As usual, Brett from AltNation set the tone for all that. Flog.

Whatever, they voted a celebrity with a political opinion as their president so they rescind any whining they want to do about others who do the same. OP, that means you. Sit down, softy. Lifelong fan, my furry white arse. You guys are the biggest snowflakes of them all.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

Last edited by matineeidyll : May 23rd 2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:24 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
In my opinion he should take the James Hetfield approach, just leave politics out of it. Dave may not believe it but he has a TON of fans who support President Trump and his agenda, which has been grossly mischaracterized and distorted by the mainstream media.

I think Dave had a special place in his heart for President Obama? If so his eyes are about to be opened in light of recent events. The man broke every rule of the constitution and spied on political opponents, that's election rigging, and his cabinet also colluded with a foreign government (the UK) to bring down the Trump campaign. That is exactly what they have been accusing Trump of doing with Russia for the past two years.

Pretty soon even the mainstream media won't be able to hide it, and it's all going to come crashing down and a lot of people are going to feel horrible inside for the way they have been mislead by people they trusted. I think Dave will be among them.

Whatever drugs you're taking, please share with the rest of the class.
Old May 23rd 2018, 11:23 PM
These are my famous last words

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
I highly doubt you'll be lectured from the stage, that's not his style.

Enjoy Cal Jam!
I kinda hope Dave singles him out for ridicule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
What did Dave said?

He's entitled to his opinion like a regular fucking citizen.
I wouldn't use a stage to publicly "bully" the president, unless it's a very specific thing he's going after.

I know little of Trump, I just know he hates us Mexicans, but I have no clue of how he's working as a president in US. During the whole Kanye debacle I read that he actually grew the employment for black people. Not sure if it was a black people only, or a general US employment number.
Trump's a terrible president, and that thing about growing black employment is more Trumpian b.s.
Old May 23rd 2018, 11:39 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
and that thing about growing black employment is more Trumpian b.s.
Not exactly true. Employment figures are doing very well. That's a fact.

But they've been doing well for about 5 years. He's reaping the rewards of the recovering economy following the last recession. It's not because of any specific policy he has brought in. So it's not made up as such, it's just not really something he can claim credit for.
Old May 24th 2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Whatever drugs you're taking, please share with the rest of the class.
You need to wear an aluminium foil hat while taking them...
Old May 24th 2018, 05:21 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump76 View Post
Quote:

A conversation between one people.
Who's next?

Random79?
Old May 24th 2018, 07:00 PM
These are my famous last words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Not exactly true. Employment figures are doing very well. That's a fact.

But they've been doing well for about 5 years. He's reaping the rewards of the recovering economy following the last recession. It's not because of any specific policy he has brought in. So it's not made up as such, it's just not really something he can claim credit for.
The b.s. is that he's claiming it happened under his watch.
Old May 24th 2018, 07:21 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
The b.s. is that he's claiming it happened under his watch.
Well, it is technically happening under him now. The BS is that he's trying to claim that it is because of him and not the economy generally. To be fair though, EVERY politician of all parties would do that, sadly. Of all the awful things 45 has done, this is one of the most "normal" politically.