Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 5th 2019, 10:16 PM
Ready on your mark

Default Re: New album In the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
FooFest2020.
OR maybe they're taking a rest from Cal Jam this year to host a mother of a blowout for FF25 next year!
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old July 5th 2019, 11:37 PM
Everywhere But Home

Can't wait to see what they're up to! And I always love how they get us into our theories/guesses!
Old July 6th 2019, 12:55 AM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Can't wait to see what they're up to! And I always love how they get us into our theories/guesses!
Don’t let me go down that rabbit hole of foo theory....I could be lost for years!
Old July 6th 2019, 01:11 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Im already way into the 25 years celebration theories

3 tracks in the filing cabinet - they must have chosen all of them for a reason. There is NEVER anything random with this band.

Wattershed - the definition of watershed (i know different spelling) is 'an event or period marking a turning point in a course of action or state of affairs.' That definitely applies to the first album.

Next Year - 25 years next year.

For all the cows - here's where im way overthinking things lol. Cowes (yes i know its a different spelling) is on the Isle of White - so maybe a headline at Isle of White Festival next year.

I have nothing better to do with my day than to try and out think Dave
Ha, I'm normally with you on looking deep into things but I think in this case it's just simply "S/T stuff....Next Year".

What S/T stuff though, is the question. Hoping for the bumper box set that I was previously hoping for on the 20th anniversary. So much good content from that era to fill some CDs and DVDs with.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old July 6th 2019, 02:08 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Ha, I'm normally with you on looking deep into things but I think in this case it's just simply "S/T stuff....Next Year".

What S/T stuff though, is the question. Hoping for the bumper box set that I was previously hoping for on the 20th anniversary. So much good content from that era to fill some CDs and DVDs with.
I was a big Lost fan so Im always looking for hidden meanings in stuff.

But yeah...im probably reading too much into it.

Having said that maybe the fact they chose live recordings from UK and Australia hints at shows there next year??
Old July 6th 2019, 04:56 PM
Fooper!

Are they going to drip feed these live tracks leading up to a brand new live album?
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old July 6th 2019, 05:57 PM
How Do You Do

Red face Re: New album In the works

Quote:
Are they going to drip feed these live tracks leading up to a brand new live album?
I dont know

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old July 6th 2019, 06:17 PM
There are times I begin to begin again

Smile Re: New album In the works

This is what I love about this band!

And, reading all of these posts keeps it very interesting and entertaining so thanks to everyone on here who contributes regularly...

I am also guessing a live album w/a few new songs added in for a 25th anniversary album...and crossing my fingers for a big 25th show.
Old July 6th 2019, 07:00 PM
Have you found your way around

Just listened through the EP,

Reminded how they ruled in 95
Old July 7th 2019, 02:59 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
They can call it "2020 Hindsight".

What's known:

01 The EP tweet:
"A good day to take a look in the Foo Files. How about a few elusive Live tracks? We've seen some Reading '95 tweets, officially submit them now (or any FF story you like) here: https://FooFighters.lnk.to/Stories ...you never know what we've got up our sleeves..."

02 The Your Story page:
"We want to hear about YOU.
Did you capture a great photo of your crew at a Foo show?
Have a memory tied to a Foo Fighters album or song?
Or maybe just want to send a message to the band?
We want to meet YOU!!
Share your Foo Fighters story and include any photos, videos or memorabilia featuring YOU!"

03 The Mixtape Generator page

My thoughts / observations...
* Poppy thinks she over analyses - everyone thinks of FZ and laughs... yep oh shit here we go... lol

* 00950025 obviously 95/25, but live tracks are NOT just 1995. They could have thrown three 95 live tracks easily. Yes "Next Year" of course fits, but in using it they have also set a precedent that broke a total focus on 1995. So as this is obv the "start" of something, IMO it's 25 years FROM 1995, indicating we are headed for a retrospective (in some form(s)).

* Also the tracks so far are notably ALL live. This might also be significant. I hope that's not the case (as I'm sure we all do), but worth noting. Maybe regular live "feeder" tracks will be coming leading up to a box set that includes much more with studio demos etc?

* The Nirvana Nevermind 20th Ann Box sets a precedent that I'm sure Dave will want to beat given the much longer FF legacy. Interestingly too, Krist only recently confirmed the Nirvana master tapes were actually lost in the 2008 Universal fire. So lord knows what they actually "remastered" that from. Even more reason to use the FF masters now with purpose (and not tempt fate / lightening twice etc).

* The "Your Stories" page is absolutely linked in here too - possibly in ways we aren't thinking of. The "We want to meet YOU!" comment may mean more than "tell us a yarn". The T&C's are massive and amount to way more than just "we're interested in a few things to post on a website".

* The new tweet focuses on recent Reading tweets, asking they be reposted. Look for anything Reading related to come out (with whatever is next) - before 23rd Aug.

* Mix tape page has initial splash "create your mix tape and get ready for surprises". So it's surely more than a "mix tape" page. Computer, TV, Drum do nothing (AFAIK) and there are SO MANY filing cabinets in that bedroom... including the ones UNDER DAVE'S BED! (how many times have we joked about the shit Dave must have stashed away under his bed... is this the ultimate piss take / inside joke?). The posters are tellingly too... one from 1995,2005 and 2015. Cassettes on lower shelf say Rock, More Rock, Still More Rock, So Much Rock and Those Who Rock. Wording is kinda hidden - you have to expand to it via the "or proceed without signing in" link, and then focus on something totally not why you're there for. Is that gonna be a link to the stories stuff the band want to be shared?

Finally - in a possibly related note Barrett Jones created a Discogs account in Aug 2016, but has never done anything with it (far as I can see).

Then 4th June 2019 he added a comment updating the Rough Mixes review info. I first had it on the release when I added it, which then later got trashed and fought over in the forum there, then finally added as a Review by jarijeff (the user who started the disagreement lol).

So when I first saw his post a bit over a week ago I updated the release to match his new info, and added a new version of the "review" in the public comments and in change/edit history body (you have to be logged in to see it that). So (Simon esp) some new stuff there if you haven't already seen it.

I say possibly related because as he's done nothing else there the timing is shall we say "interesting", given the EP and callout for stories a week later. Maybe just a total coincidence he's looking at FF 1995 stuff right at that moment... hmmmm

But either way, collectors can expect to see more of this sort of rubbish in the coming months - the first Fake Rough Mixes tape I've seen that blatantly copies... well it's just silly. 37 pounds... I'm opening a factory!

I was there
Old July 7th 2019, 04:10 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Im certainly hoping the track release from Melbourne might mean a visit
Downunder Next Year at some point!

A CalJam Foofest in July in the northern hemisphere would be nice as well...escape the Aussie winter!

Just hope whatever it is they give us some warning to keep dates free and to save up!
Old July 7th 2019, 09:25 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
They can call it "2020 Hindsight".

What's known:

01 The EP tweet:
"A good day to take a look in the Foo Files. How about a few elusive Live tracks? We've seen some Reading '95 tweets, officially submit them now (or any FF story you like) here: https://FooFighters.lnk.to/Stories ...you never know what we've got up our sleeves..."

02 The Your Story page:
"We want to hear about YOU.
Did you capture a great photo of your crew at a Foo show?
Have a memory tied to a Foo Fighters album or song?
Or maybe just want to send a message to the band?
We want to meet YOU!!
Share your Foo Fighters story and include any photos, videos or memorabilia featuring YOU!"

03 The Mixtape Generator page

My thoughts / observations...
* Poppy thinks she over analyses - everyone thinks of FZ and laughs... yep oh shit here we go... lol

* 00950025 obviously 95/25, but live tracks are NOT just 1995. They could have thrown three 95 live tracks easily. Yes "Next Year" of course fits, but in using it they have also set a precedent that broke a total focus on 1995. So as this is obv the "start" of something, IMO it's 25 years FROM 1995, indicating we are headed for a retrospective (in some form(s)).

* Also the tracks so far are notably ALL live. This might also be significant. I hope that's not the case (as I'm sure we all do), but worth noting. Maybe regular live "feeder" tracks will be coming leading up to a box set that includes much more with studio demos etc?

* The Nirvana Nevermind 20th Ann Box sets a precedent that I'm sure Dave will want to beat given the much longer FF legacy. Interestingly too, Krist only recently confirmed the Nirvana master tapes were actually lost in the 2008 Universal fire. So lord knows what they actually "remastered" that from. Even more reason to use the FF masters now with purpose (and not tempt fate / lightening twice etc).

* The "Your Stories" page is absolutely linked in here too - possibly in ways we aren't thinking of. The "We want to meet YOU!" comment may mean more than "tell us a yarn". The T&C's are massive and amount to way more than just "we're interested in a few things to post on a website".

* The new tweet focuses on recent Reading tweets, asking they be reposted. Look for anything Reading related to come out (with whatever is next) - before 23rd Aug.

* Mix tape page has initial splash "create your mix tape and get ready for surprises". So it's surely more than a "mix tape" page. Computer, TV, Drum do nothing (AFAIK) and there are SO MANY filing cabinets in that bedroom... including the ones UNDER DAVE'S BED! (how many times have we joked about the shit Dave must have stashed away under his bed... is this the ultimate piss take / inside joke?). The posters are tellingly too... one from 1995,2005 and 2015. Cassettes on lower shelf say Rock, More Rock, Still More Rock, So Much Rock and Those Who Rock. Wording is kinda hidden - you have to expand to it via the "or proceed without signing in" link, and then focus on something totally not why you're there for. Is that gonna be a link to the stories stuff the band want to be shared?

Finally - in a possibly related note Barrett Jones created a Discogs account in Aug 2016, but has never done anything with it (far as I can see).

Then 4th June 2019 he added a comment updating the Rough Mixes review info. I first had it on the release when I added it, which then later got trashed and fought over in the forum there, then finally added as a Review by jarijeff (the user who started the disagreement lol).

So when I first saw his post a bit over a week ago I updated the release to match his new info, and added a new version of the "review" in the public comments and in change/edit history body (you have to be logged in to see it that). So (Simon esp) some new stuff there if you haven't already seen it.

I say possibly related because as he's done nothing else there the timing is shall we say "interesting", given the EP and callout for stories a week later. Maybe just a total coincidence he's looking at FF 1995 stuff right at that moment... hmmmm

But either way, collectors can expect to see more of this sort of rubbish in the coming months - the first Fake Rough Mixes tape I've seen that blatantly copies... well it's just silly. 37 pounds... I'm opening a factory!
So the tape that sold for 37 the other day was fake?
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old July 7th 2019, 03:33 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
So the tape that sold for 37 the other day was fake?
Yeah, 100% fake. They've just photocopied FZs genuine tape/J-Card. The real tapes should have a rough texture to the paper, not just plain white, tape itself should have a label, but there are many other inaccuracies.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old July 8th 2019, 01:26 PM
Everywhere But Home

When did the mix tape page pop up?
Old July 8th 2019, 01:28 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
When did the mix tape page pop up?
over a year ago i think

edit : May 2017

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old July 8th 2019, 01:36 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
over a year ago i think

edit : May 2017
ah OK I thought I recalled something about that and then I wasn't sure also if it was new.
Old July 8th 2019, 08:56 PM
Right down the drain I go

Think the mixtape sight might be a bit of a stretch to be linked? Or am I missing something? Seems weird to make that website, then do nothing for over 2 years, then do something else.

But then again, you never know with these guys
Old July 8th 2019, 08:58 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Just listened through the EP,

Reminded how they ruled in 95
I hope to hear them play Wattershed live like that just once. So much energy! Imagine if they opened with it

Entertainment Centre, Wellington, NZ - Nov 25, 2005
Vector Arena, Auckland, NZ - May 5, 2008
Vector Arena, Auckland, NZ - May 6, 2008
Western Springs, Auckland, NZ - Dec 13, 2011
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ - Feb 21, 2015
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ - Feb 3, 2018
TCV - Brisbane Riverstage, AUS - Jan 25, 2010
TCV - Entertainment Centre, Wellington, NZ - Jan 29, 2010
Creator of the first completely silent album on iTunes.
TWITTER: @BrettBlackNZ
Old July 8th 2019, 11:25 PM
The Sidekick

The mixtape minisite hasn't been touched in a long time. It's always had that note about surprises, they just added a couple of new songs to generated playlists at some point although for the life of me I can't remember what they were. C&G clips, perhaps? Something like that. Must've been actually, given it went up in May 2017.

--
Old July 9th 2019, 02:00 AM
There are times I begin to begin again

I also just figured out that you can click around in the room and wake things up...

Was secretly hoping a file drawer would bust open...no such luck.