Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th 2015, 01:30 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

Me three for a badge! 😀
Old April 17th 2015, 02:03 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq88 View Post
Yeah I was considering driving to Banquet to try my luck, but after seeing a video of the queue before 7am last year, theres no way I'll be able to get there early enough.

Ditto on the badge if any loves manages to scoop a few up, my little collection would love that addition

I love the idea of record store day, the reality isn't necessarily as good. Once the Foo's has sold out half of them will probably be straight on ebay for 5-10 times the RRP
I can't stay out overnight either, although there's a part of me that wishes I could.

Looking at vinyl sales figures, you can't deny that it's probably been a real benefit to the industry, but I'd like to see more bands do year round vinyl-only releases, go back to making 7" singles again, that kind of thing. I used to love buying those.

Old April 17th 2015, 02:07 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
I can't stay out overnight either, although there's a part of me that wishes I could.

Looking at vinyl sales figures, you can't deny that it's probably been a real benefit to the industry, but I'd like to see more bands do year round vinyl-only releases, go back to making 7" singles again, that kind of thing. I used to love buying those.
I wish 7" were still a thing, I miss buying them. Buying a single on itunes is not the same!
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Old April 17th 2015, 03:04 PM
The Sidekick

The problem is still the same as it has been the last few years though, big labels don't want to press 10,000+ copies of a 7" any more for a big band and risk having only say 6,000 of them sell. The flippers don't buy too many because they know there are enough to go around those who really do want them, but there aren't enough who do want them.

It's catch 22 really. You release one in big numbers and the label risks having several thousand being unsold and losing money, you release them in relatively small numbers and it attracts the flippers and scalpers, taking them away from those who do actually want them.

The only solution I can see without the labels risking a loss is to sell them direct, on their own website, on a pre-order basis. Take orders for a month or whatever, press that many +x, for any stragglers who missed it. That way you only press as many as you can sell, those who want one, get one and for the flippers it's useless, except for those few that miss the initial order and miss out on the extras. But that's surely much better than the other options.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 17th 2015, 03:17 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The problem is still the same as it has been the last few years though, big labels don't want to press 10,000+ copies of a 7" any more for a big band and risk having only say 6,000 of them sell. The flippers don't buy too many because they know there are enough to go around those who really do want them, but there aren't enough who do want them.

It's catch 22 really. You release one in big numbers and the label risks having several thousand being unsold and losing money, you release them in relatively small numbers and it attracts the flippers and scalpers, taking them away from those who do actually want them.

The only solution I can see without the labels risking a loss is to sell them direct, on their own website, on a pre-order basis. Take orders for a month or whatever, press that many +x, for any stragglers who missed it. That way you only press as many as you can sell, those who want one, get one and for the flippers it's useless, except for those few that miss the initial order and miss out on the extras. But that's surely much better than the other options.
Actually I like that idea. Gives everyone a chance to get one and doesn't leave huge amounts unsold.

Old April 17th 2015, 03:20 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

Are you listening Foos?! Be great for cd singles too!
Old April 17th 2015, 03:57 PM
How Do You Do

"That concert is actually what I wanted to release on Record Store Day, but we just couldn't get our fucking hands on it"
Old April 17th 2015, 04:10 PM
Fooper!

Right.Who has it?! We want it!
Old April 17th 2015, 04:18 PM
How Do You Do

Cool Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Right.Who has it?! We want it!
you'd think someone would've filmed it on their phone right?!
Old April 17th 2015, 05:16 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
you'd think someone would've filmed it on their phone right?!
Or used their big chunky home movies video camera! How selfish!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 17th 2015, 05:52 PM
Have you found your way around

Well i'm not budging on my 5am time, i will arrive, if it looks too long at that time i will bag it.
Old April 17th 2015, 06:05 PM
The Sidekick

Interesting. We tried tracking down a recording of that show a few years ago when we found out the details on those photos but didn't get very far, now we know why. If Dave himself can't find it, we wouldn't have much chance! We did find their sound guy from then who probably taped it but obviously Dave would have spoken to him as well, so I guess he didn't have it.

Still, at least the set list is sort of confirmed now in that article.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 17th 2015, 06:37 PM
How Do You Do

How amazing would that vinyl be though. Such a special release if it had happened.
Old April 17th 2015, 06:44 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
How amazing would that vinyl be though. Such a special release if it had happened.
Maybe one day.It's out there, somewhere...
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 17th 2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
9.99 is the UK retail price, they aren't over charging
http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/92100

US Price:
Item# 88875070561
Released: 4/18/2015
Category: RSD 2015
Media: Vinyl LP's
Record Label: SONY MUSIC (SNY)
Price: $15.99
it was a tongue in cheek comment, I was more surprised that they were selling it for less than I expected and what everywhere else will be selling it for. might casually wander into town at 7.30 in the morning as there's no access to one of the shops until 8 as its in a shopping centre
Old April 17th 2015, 09:52 PM
Normal

I don't think there will be lots of sleep tonight, I'm so excited!
Old April 17th 2015, 10:05 PM
How Do You Do

sssh I'm trying to sleep
Old April 17th 2015, 11:07 PM

Is there nowhere I could buy this online? I can't make it in person any more and starting to think I may miss out.
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Glasgow Bellahuston Park 19, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Leeds Festival 19
Old April 17th 2015, 11:12 PM

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

I have already seen a post of three people lined up outside the shop I plan to head over to in the morning. I may rethink my 7 AM time...
Old April 17th 2015, 11:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

all the best to you all in getting the FOO record tomorrow! I'm having a go too. Don't forget, there is the DAVE button, AND the glow in the dark T-shirt!