Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th 2015, 10:30 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

So for those lucky to get a copy, how are the songs?

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 18th 2015, 10:47 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Dave 2015 Record Store Day Ambassador / 'Songs From The Laundry Room' EP {merged}

Shop was suppose to open at 10. Arrived at 09h55 and it was already open. 5 people in. Did not see it so asked the owner seeing a guy paying a copy of it and he replied that was the only copy so fxxk record store day, the day fans are screwed by ebay sellers
Old April 18th 2015, 10:49 AM
The Sidekick

One copy in a store does seem ridiculous. I was tempted to get on the train to my nearest store 40 minutes away but didn't bother because it's still pretty small. Glad I didn't.

As usual we have to hope for a cheap ebay, a cheap store leftover or a re-issue on CD later, like Medium Rare.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 18th 2015, 10:50 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
One copy in a store does seem ridiculous. I was tempted to get on the train to my nearest store 40 minutes away but didn't bother because it's still pretty small. Glad I didn't.

As usual we have to hope for a cheap ebay, a cheap store leftover or a re-issue on CD later, like Medium Rare.
That would be great a cd reissue.Not limited to 1500 copies though.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 18th 2015, 10:53 AM
The Sidekick

I think there is a chance. They have had exclusive vinyl tracks in the past as B-Sides on 7" but I find it hard to believe they'll keep four whole 'new' tracks Vinyl exclusive, and on a limited release to boot.

--
Old April 18th 2015, 11:05 AM
Podunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So for those lucky to get a copy, how are the songs?
Good question. I really should buy a record player!
Old April 18th 2015, 11:10 AM
How Do You Do

My local shop, FIVES in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex had 10 copies. All gone now of course.
Old April 18th 2015, 11:11 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
knew when I got up this morning I wouldn't get a copy. was right about that.

managed to grab a monty python galaxy song 7'' though

its something
I saw the Monty Python one as well but put it back on the shelf. Got Manic Street Preachers though so I didn't leave empty handed.
Old April 18th 2015, 11:12 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Got mine,

All the other stores over here had sold it out immediately,

Just out of pure luck I noticed a new store where I'd never been to -

No line, 3 copies on the shelf. THE LUCK!!
You lucky little thing! Well done!
Old April 18th 2015, 11:18 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
I saw the Monty Python one as well but put it back on the shelf. Got Manic Street Preachers though so I didn't leave empty handed.
was after biffy clyro (puzzles) but that had gone as well. whilst in the queue i knew of the availability as they were putting it on twitter when it had all gone. if i'd gone straight there would still have missed out i think. bit annoying but ah well.

suspect the biffy vinyl will have a general release some point soon so not too fussed.
Old April 18th 2015, 11:27 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
was after biffy clyro (puzzles) but that had gone as well. whilst in the queue i knew of the availability as they were putting it on twitter when it had all gone. if i'd gone straight there would still have missed out i think. bit annoying but ah well.

suspect the biffy vinyl will have a general release some point soon so not too fussed.
I would have bought Biffy too but it was sold out before I got in. I was thinking of getting White Stripes but didn't bother in the end, it was still available when it was my turn.

This shop where we went to only allowed 5 customers in the shop so we had to wait until one came out before someone could go in. There was this one guy who was just wondering round the shop, browsing and looking at things, really slowly. Everyone was shouting at him to get the bloody hell out of there
Old April 18th 2015, 11:32 AM
Off my chops on RNR!

Songs From The Laundry Room - full set of artwork

http://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters-...elease/6909573

'I have a choice between the bat or the belt each time I hear about the hand you've been dealt'

Jan 31st 2003, Big Day Out, Adelaide (QOTSA too)
Dec 6th 2005, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
April 26th 2008, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Dec 5th 2011, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Feb 28th 2015, Etihad Stadium Docklands, Melbourne
Mar 4th 2015, Coopers Stadium, Adelaide
Jan 23rd 2018, Coopers Stadium, Adelaide
Old April 18th 2015, 11:41 AM
How Do You Do

'Kids In America', recorded in 1991. This makes it the earliest recording officially released under the Foo Fighters name.

This band started in 1991.
Old April 18th 2015, 11:41 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxb View Post

Wow, the sellers on there are taking the mick. €200, really now MARCOS222?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
'Kids In America', recorded in 1991. This makes it the earliest recording officially released under the Foo Fighters name.

This band started in 1991.
Yeah still curious they put it under the FF name when it's obviously all solo.

Well, I guess we can say the one man band version started in 1989.

--
Old April 18th 2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
I would have bought Biffy too but it was sold out before I got in. I was thinking of getting White Stripes but didn't bother in the end, it was still available when it was my turn.

This shop where we went to only allowed 5 customers in the shop so we had to wait until one came out before someone could go in. There was this one guy who was just wondering round the shop, browsing and looking at things, really slowly. Everyone was shouting at him to get the bloody hell out of there
shop i went to was small, so a 1 in 1 out was happening, thankfully noone really did that too badly. they only had rsd stock out cause its basically a room and thats the shop. about the size of an average living room if that. was looking at the "NOW that's what I call music 1" but really wasn't worth it.

also was silly the amount of different reissues that were released.

now to hope that there's somehow some released next week online
Old April 18th 2015, 11:45 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Yep.Its highly unlikely there will be any online next Saturday either.
If you were planning on banquet records they've all gone
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Old April 18th 2015, 12:00 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
Many more probably. This is what makes a mockery of RSD. Not the queues or anything like that. And there's nothing you can do.
Nope nothing at all you can do. My store said they had ordered but it was one they ended up with no confirmation on and it seemed unlikely they were going to get any. In the end my problem was solved - I had to work so it was not do that and queue or work and go to eBay, so I went to work. At least Monday won't be a disaster.

For those in the UK and US with copies - we still don't have any matrix numbers or any statements from the records about "Made in ..." I'd be keen to see those as I'm picking there are two variants once again.

28 copies sold on eBay UK as at 1pm - average price is just on 45 pounds. Should drop a bit over the next few days, and the odd one has been listed for less. Lowest has been 27 but only two under 30.

Way more in the US of course and they are just now opening doors - so .com will be the place to check if you are not in either country.

Expect on this to find what you are looking for this next week, my guess is after that the prices will be on the way up and will go that way forever.
Old April 18th 2015, 12:04 PM

Missed out. Had to travel to get to store but Foos was gone. It was easy to ger the likes of Bowie and Garbage. Tried second store but that was also too late.

I queued for nearly two hours this morning and its frustrating. I wish this scalpers paradise called RSD would be scrapped for something where genuine fans don't get screwed over.
Old April 18th 2015, 12:06 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxb View Post

One record store is selling it for 150 euros. Lovely.
Old April 18th 2015, 01:01 PM

Jackpot for me, I feel extremely lucky. Sorry to all of you that tried and were not able to grab one.

My luck ... i decided not to go w/ a bigger store as those lines are nightmares, no Vintage Vinyl for me. Instead I went to a store closer and smaller, 5am, no line, so I decided to chance a WaWa coffee. When I got back, 1 person in line and he was there for Phish. Store had 1 copy and I got it. I heard both #4 and #5 in line ask for it, so I felt bad for those dudes, they waited 'almost' as long as me.

Won't be able to play it 'til tonight, can't wait though.

I also scored a Citizen Dick single and Steve Earle single.

Last edited by wicked_gravity : April 18th 2015 at 03:39 PM.