Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 25th 2005, 10:52 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Courtney and Dave still feuding

The Associated Press has issued the following report:

Though some have labeled Dave Grohl of the FOO FIGHTERS the "nicest guy in rock," Courtney Love would beg to differ.

"Dave gets to walk away unscathed and be the happy guy in rock, when he's one of the biggest jerks," Love says in the August issue of Spin, on newsstands Friday. "He's been taking money from my child for years."

Love, the widow of Kurt Cobain, and Grohl, who played drums in NIRVANA, have feuded before. Grohl and NIRVANA bassist Krist Novoselic became mired in three years of litigation in a dispute over the timing of the famed grunge band's box set, "With the Lights Out".

They settled their legal issues in September 2002 and the CDs were released last year.

The office of Grohl's manager, John Silva, told The Associated Press Monday that Grohl wouldn't comment on Love's criticism.

As for being the "nicest guy in rock," Grohl wonders where the title came from.

"I don't know. Because I don't do coke?" Grohl asks Spin. "I supposed it's not taking anything for granted and feeling lucky to be here.

"There's ... thousands of nice guys in the world! Maybe it's because I have a goofy smile and people are like, `Awww, he's like a little kid!' I'm 36!"

Read the entire article at WashingtonPost.com.
Old July 25th 2005, 10:56 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooManChu77
"He's been taking money from my child for years."
Haha!

Listen to my Razor [rock version] Here!

"Some of my recent albums have been picked up by the Nineties generation, but then they don't know the early stuff......I know that because, in America especially, when I do 'The Man Who Sold The World' the amount of kids that come up afterwards and say, 'It's cool you're doing a Nirvana song.' And I think, 'Fuck you, you little tosser!'"
- David Bowie
Old July 25th 2005, 10:56 PM
Have you found your way around

What is she still whining about?

Atlanta Braves Baseball

MEMORY APPRAISAL

18 CAR PILEUP

Old July 25th 2005, 11:16 PM

LOL @ Courtney.

She's so ridiculous.

I love how Spin made Courtney sound like an asshole, but Dave like a.. well.. nice guy.

I have conformed: Myspace
formerly kfpandas
You're the finest dog I knew, so fine
Old July 25th 2005, 11:27 PM
In too deep

She talks some shit.
Old July 25th 2005, 11:33 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Location: On my balcony, zipping drinks staring into the darkness

No comment.
Old July 25th 2005, 11:34 PM

Just plain old courtney talking shit again, what money does he owe her anyway, i mean, come on daves an okay guys, she's just jealous of him.
Old July 25th 2005, 11:34 PM
No way back from here

your title of them "still feuding" is incorrect. courtney is rambling on once again, and dave is maintaining a dignified silence. why don't you do the same without bringing this crap onto the BAND'S postboard?
Old July 26th 2005, 12:05 AM

Courtney Love would beg to differ.

And I would beg to differ that Courtney Love is actually a woman...shut up you fucking greedy drag queen.
Old July 26th 2005, 12:27 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFDaveMustaine?
Haha!
Right...but all that coke and heroin Courtney took...was that from a special 'non-taking-care-of-Frances' fund?

She's the one who took money from her daughter, and put it straight up her nose.

Just thought I'd get my two cents in before this thing is closed.
Old July 26th 2005, 01:12 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
Right...but all that coke and heroin Courtney took...was that from a special 'non-taking-care-of-Frances' fund?

She's the one who took money from her daughter, and put it straight up her nose.

Just thought I'd get my two cents in before this thing is closed.
True

My Myspace
Old July 26th 2005, 01:31 AM
The Boss

Yeah, yeah....we get that Courtney and Dave don't get along...NEXT!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old July 28th 2005, 09:36 AM
Bessy_Grohl

Default Re: Courtney and Dave still feuding

Dave is smart.

poor Courtney....she's so stupid.

do you know who i feel sorry in all of this??

Frances.

ah we should all just get over it.

Old July 30th 2005, 05:15 AM
Banned

poor Frances
to have a unfit mum wood suck
i hope Frances does not end up like her mum
Old July 31st 2005, 06:24 AM

Evil Re: Courtney and Dave still feuding

Love is talking out of her Ass... Taking money away from my child! Give me a friggin break! Gosh go do some more drugs Courtney....
Old August 1st 2005, 05:13 PM
I'll Stick Around

I'm suprised she can still talk the amount of shit that she pumps into her veins. She's a mess and she's a bad actress.

Wouldn't you top yourself if you had a girl like Love. I mean come on she's a skank!!!!
Old August 2nd 2005, 07:28 AM
I'll Stick Around

Evil Re: Courtney and Dave still feuding

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_godfather_uk2282
I'm suprised she can still talk the amount of shit that she pumps into her veins. She's a mess and she's a bad actress.

Wouldn't you top yourself if you had a girl like Love. I mean come on she's a skank!!!!

i don't like the way this is going, we all know that courtney does drugs is a bad actress and a skank to say the least!

Why do you have to drag kurt through the mud?

ouch

NO NEED FOR THE TOP YOURSELF REMARK!
Old August 2nd 2005, 01:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Read up on the previous court action, and it makes it even more apparant that Courtney Love is selfish and has become the myth that people always said she was when she was with Kurt Cobain.

I mean, this is a woman who tried to oust Dave and Krist out of the Nirvana Limited Liability thing. As for taking money away from Frances Bean Cobain? Well, let's just say that (Courtney's drug cases stopping Frances going to a high school she wanted to go to aside) Courtney does not exactly do much for her own image and so does not do much for her income.

I don't know, try making music more often, and as good as Dave. Perhaps then you wouldn't feel so guilty about wallowing in your dead husband's Royalty Cheques.

Am I saying the above as a big Foo Fighters fan? No. As a Dave Grohl fan? No. I'm saying it as someone who has had this same stance on it all since I first read about it during my NIRVANA AND KURT COBAIN-fan years. So guess what? She'll be lucky if she gets sympathy from anyone.

Anyone knows Kurt would've been mighty pissed off at her had he not been warped by the fame (taking 91% songwriting royalties for himself!) and ended up such a glass-half-empty kind of person (believe it or not though, it was a certain thing he would go as he did. Whether it happened sooner or later, it's clear that's the path he was blazing down).

So there you go.
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Old August 4th 2005, 01:40 PM

Thumbs up Re: Courtney and Dave still feuding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser_So_So
Read up on the previous court action, and it makes it even more apparant that Courtney Love is selfish and has become the myth that people always said she was when she was with Kurt Cobain.

I mean, this is a woman who tried to oust Dave and Krist out of the Nirvana Limited Liability thing. As for taking money away from Frances Bean Cobain? Well, let's just say that (Courtney's drug cases stopping Frances going to a high school she wanted to go to aside) Courtney does not exactly do much for her own image and so does not do much for her income.

I don't know, try making music more often, and as good as Dave. Perhaps then you wouldn't feel so guilty about wallowing in your dead husband's Royalty Cheques.

Am I saying the above as a big Foo Fighters fan? No. As a Dave Grohl fan? No. I'm saying it as someone who has had this same stance on it all since I first read about it during my NIRVANA AND KURT COBAIN-fan years. So guess what? She'll be lucky if she gets sympathy from anyone.

Anyone knows Kurt would've been mighty pissed off at her had he not been warped by the fame (taking 91% songwriting royalties for himself!) and ended up such a glass-half-empty kind of person (believe it or not though, it was a certain thing he would go as he did. Whether it happened sooner or later, it's clear that's the path he was blazing down).

So there you go.
well said
Old August 4th 2005, 09:50 PM

Smile Re: Courtney and Dave still feuding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser_So_So

So there you go.
You said that Great!
All Courtney cares about is herself...I heard MTV did a Celebrity Death match between Dave and Courtney. I was wondering if anyone had seen it or have it for others to see...I heard Dave won the match though..NOt a Surprise
Closed Thread