Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old June 15th 2011, 05:35 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

It was the same in San Diego!! No GA floor tickets available in less than 3 mins.

Last edited by elchino04 : June 15th 2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: I didn't know I coul not post emoticons.
Old June 15th 2011, 05:39 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: A couple things about the current Tour, Pre-sales and Selling Tickets...

ditto LA, was in there in seconds, no floor seats. Guess we do it all again on fri...
Old June 15th 2011, 05:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I personally think its crappy to be a fan of the band and get presale but end up with worse seats then some random person.... I guess I will have to try and get better seats on friday and sell these
Old June 15th 2011, 06:03 PM
I'll Stick Around

I think the big issue this time around for the pre-sale was the password was made available to pretty much anyone who gives a shit about the band ie:facebook/twitter fans. from my own experience in the past, when the presale passwords were just offered for those subscribed on the mailing list or through radio station giveaways, you had much better luck getting floor/lower bowl seats.

hopefully everyone has better luck on friday
Old June 15th 2011, 06:21 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Obviously there must be another way to get the GA seats. I find it hard to believe they just sold out like that. I guess Friday it is.
Old June 15th 2011, 11:55 PM
Rail Rider

I personally don't think it's right to post the password on social networking sites. It not fair to us die hard fans who really appreciate the Foos. I wanted GA as well. I settled on Loge, and Ticketmaster booted me during checkout. Twice. Same thing happened to my husband. Guess I'll keep trying....
Oh, by the way....I'm flying from ATL just to see them at the Forum.
Old June 16th 2011, 12:27 AM
Have you found your way around

people on facebook are getting floor seats, they said that you need to keep doing it and eventually you'll get them, so i'm trying that right now D:

FRESH POTS!!!
Old June 17th 2011, 03:22 AM
I'll Stick Around

I received an e-mail saying the tickets go on sale Friday at 10am for the Oakland show. Is that Pacific time or Eastern time?
Josh: "Im living man proof that Ms. Cleo is Irish.. Call me now for yer free readin'"<br /><br />Nick: "Me Lucky Charms will know the way!"<br /><br />Dave: "Dats what me thoughts"<br /><br />Queens of the Stone Age on KROCK on 5/30/02
Old June 17th 2011, 12:43 PM
The Boss

All presales are local time so yes, it is PST. 10 am California time.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old June 17th 2011, 12:48 PM
The Boss

A bunch of people were able to get GA tickets for yesterday's LA second show presale with no problem. KROQ and Facebook along with antiquiet.com all posted and said on radio the password. Look at my LA thread. I think that ticketmaster released a minimum number. There are only so many seats released at presales.

Old June 17th 2011, 04:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I just got GA Floor tixs for San Diego, using the presale code bout 40 minutes BEFORE the public release.... Get on it people!!!
10.22.2002 - Wiltern Theater / LA
04.15.2003 • 09.27.2005 • 07.17.2006
08.30.2006 - Panteges Theater / LA
06.23.2007 - Dodger Stadium / LA
09.18.2007 - Nissan Live Stage / LA
03.03.2008 - SDSU / Cox Arena, San Diego, CA
12.21.2010 - Paladinos / LA
02.07.2011 - The Roxy / LA
10.14.2011 • 10.17.2011 • 01.18.2013 • 01.10.2015
07.19.2015 • 09.24.2015 • 10.04.2015 • 10.17.2015
Old June 17th 2011, 04:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

another strange morning on ticketmaster. went on at ten for the calgary alberta show, looking for best available, first try resulted in nosebleeds, tried again, waited on the processing page for 5 mins and got floor tix. tried again for lower bowl, found two.
Old June 17th 2011, 06:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Same here, went on at 10am for Calgary, got nosebleeds, kept trying, nothing doing, actually used the phone, selected GA through the automated system, nothing available, re-selected best available and was offered 4 GA tickets!?! Go figure!! Is the ticketmaster system now completely random in the tickets you get offered?
Old June 17th 2011, 11:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

jill - i was wondering of you had any info as to why live nation would send an email about the la oct 13 & 14 shows and then take down all info about the 14th show on the day the presale started. it was weird i could no longer see that the show was even happening so we bought for thursday. they added the show only yesterday. i am just confused and i asked someone else on another thread that seemed to be annoyed. i am just wondering is this a live nation issue. in fact the livenation app showed both show dates but you couldn't access it, while it was non-existent on the website. even the live nation people over the phone said they have been receiving phone calls and had nothing to tell the people as to why. thanks
Old June 18th 2011, 05:11 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigthor View Post
Same here, went on at 10am for Calgary, got nosebleeds, kept trying, nothing doing, actually used the phone, selected GA through the automated system, nothing available, re-selected best available and was offered 4 GA tickets!?! Go figure!! Is the ticketmaster system now completely random in the tickets you get offered?
Yes, from what I have found out, (haven't done this in years) I have been on the phone with them 3 times now trying to get specific tickets and they are refusing to give me aisle seats. I found out you can instead go to stub hub and find aisle seats for $30.00 more. This whole thing is ruining the idea for me I'm about ready to get rid of the tickets I have purchased. I did the pre-sale (still trying to figure out what the f**k that means if you can't get the seats you want), purchase tickets, then called them trying to get aisle seats they have them but refuse to let me purchase them. I told them I would buy all four tickets if I had too, no dice they are forcing you to pick random tickets, ruins it for me at this point.

My tickets are not for Calgary..

Last edited by emwazsun : June 18th 2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: location
Old June 19th 2011, 07:42 PM
The Boss

I would assume that Ticketmaster and Foo weren’t ready to announce a second show so they probably shouldn’t have had it visible on the website. LiveNation error. It wasn’t meant to upset anyone but more be a “surprise” that a second show was added.

Old June 29th 2011, 05:41 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwazsun View Post
Yes, from what I have found out, (haven't done this in years) I have been on the phone with them 3 times now trying to get specific tickets and they are refusing to give me aisle seats. I found out you can instead go to stub hub and find aisle seats for $30.00 more. This whole thing is ruining the idea for me I'm about ready to get rid of the tickets I have purchased. I did the pre-sale (still trying to figure out what the f**k that means if you can't get the seats you want), purchase tickets, then called them trying to get aisle seats they have them but refuse to let me purchase them. I told them I would buy all four tickets if I had too, no dice they are forcing you to pick random tickets, ruins it for me at this point.

My tickets are not for Calgary..
Filed a complaint with the BBB, we will see what happens..
Old June 29th 2011, 10:20 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

why? there is nothing the bbb can do.

Last edited by forgotaboutsteve : June 29th 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old July 2nd 2011, 04:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

So I got my tickets today for the foo fighters concert at the Forum and it says No recorders/audio/video. So does this mean that I spent $150 and I can't even take pictures and record some songs??? That's beyond ridiculous!
Old July 2nd 2011, 04:52 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramosl23 View Post
So I got my tickets today for the foo fighters concert at the Forum and it says No recorders/audio/video. So does this mean that I spent $150 and I can't even take pictures and record some songs??? That's beyond ridiculous!
That is pretty standard.
Closed Thread